Biotest

V-Diet Without Thermogenics and Hungry!

I am on day 4 of the Diet and I have to say night times have been rough. I am extremely hungry in the evening and find myself constantly looking forward to the next shake. I even found myself waking up at 2am wanting to raid my fridge. Any suggestions? Also I have chosen to not do the Thermogenics because I have had bad experiences in the past with them. How dependent are the results on these. I have lost 5 pounds my first week and feel good energy I actually stopped craving coffee in the morning.

Here’s something to consider: is it hunger or is it habit?

Probably a bit of both, but evening eating can be very habitual – we do it to unwind and de-stress. What you have to do is find something else to do that gets your mind off food (aside from your shakes of course.)

You may also need to spread your shakes apart more so that your last shake falls later in the evening.

Finally, a cup of peppermint tea can help squash a craving.

HOT-ROX would help too, and speed fat loss. It’s quite different that other “fat burners” on the market so don’t judge it by your experience with other products. Check it out: http://www.t-nation.com/store/supplements/hot-rox-extreme.jsp

The HOT-ROX are optional. Did you quit coffee and all other caffeine as well? If so, I’m sure that your body has gotten through the caffeine withdrawls, being on the 4th day. On my V-Diet, I used HOT-ROX, but I was a caffeine junky, so initially when I cut out all coffee, tea, and diet soda, I got bad headaches in the evening from no caffeine.

I also was pretty hungry from shake to shake, especially in the evening. The only thing I found to help curb the cravings was drinkning A LOT of fluids, and making the shakes thick by using ice chips. This approach led to many trips to the bathroom, but a stomach full of water can trick your brain into thinking it is full.

For me, around day 8-9, I adjusted, and the cravings weren’t so bad. It never fully went away, but it got much better.

Good luck, keep at it, and use the fact that you have already lost 5 lbs be your motivation to keep going. You only have 3 days to your first HSM. I can almost guarantee, that after your HSM, you will not feel hungry.

I am on day 9. The hunger during the day is better but I still feel hungry with my stomach growling about 1-2 hours after a shake. I am still having a tough time in the evening. I am having my dinner shake around 6:30-7pm and having my bedtime shake around 9 or 9:30. I am in bed around 10. The mint tea has helped a bit but I am waking up all night having to urinate. Another thing is I have been waking up about 1 am completely starving. I actually sleep walk to my fridge and have my hand in the peanut butter before I know it. Last night I took one teaspoon but I could have eaten the whole jar. It is almost unbearable when I wake up in the middle of the night. It seems as if my blood sugar is dropping considerably. My workouts are not too intense either.

What is the spacing of your other shakes throughout the day?
What time are your workouts?

Interesting, the most common complaint is “I’m too full on the V-Diet! I can’t drink all those shakes!” Then there’s you! :wink:

HOT-ROX would certainly help during the day.

Now, there is some wiggle room built into the diet. You can add or delete one scoop of protein per day. So why don’t you try adding one. You can even save that one until 1AM if that’s a regular occurrence.

Thanks Chris, I did start taking HOT-ROX yesterday. Definitely help during the day, not so much at night but I will consider the 1 scoop at 1 am if needed. Thanks. I am down about 8 pounds on Day 10. WOrkouts feeling a little sluggish but hopefully next week will be better.

[quote]EvolutionTucson wrote:
Thanks Chris, I did start taking HOT-ROX yesterday. Definitely help during the day, not so much at night but I will consider the 1 scoop at 1 am if needed. Thanks. I am down about 8 pounds on Day 10. WOrkouts feeling a little sluggish but hopefully next week will be better. [/quote]

Are you using the V-Diet workout plan?

I am doing the plan for two days a week and the challenge day. But I have pressing routine that I am following on another day since I have to press at an event in about 7 weeks. Im not going really heavy or too intense on that day either since it is lots of technique work.