Biotest

V-Diet Without HOT-ROX?

Due to health concerns I will not be able to take the HOT-ROX or TRIBEX Gold when on the V-Diet. Will this substantially impede the progress??

You need something to help you keep muscle. What health reason could you possibly have?

And post stats too. What do you weigh? Gender? Height? Training experience?

Why would HOT-ROX help retain muscle? It’s a fat burner. In theory, fat loss might be slower but I’m not convinced the fat burners are all that effective anyway.

[quote]clovely wrote:
Why would HOT-ROX help retain muscle? It’s a fat burner. In theory, fat loss might be slower but I’m not convinced the fat burners are all that effective anyway. [/quote]

Did you read the product thread on HOT-ROX? Do that first before you say stupid things.

I did a full V-Diet without HOT-ROX and my results were completely typical compared to those shown here. I lost a solid 18 lbs of fat, and lost no muscle at all. You absolutely do not need to take it.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
You need something to help you keep muscle. [/quote]

Carbolin 19. I think Biotest still sells it.

[quote]Otep wrote:
Makavali wrote:
You need something to help you keep muscle.

Carbolin 19. I think Biotest still sells it.[/quote]

There we go. Get that.

Don’t bash a product you haven’t tried, especially when it works.

Both products say do not use if you are taking meds for high blood pressure. That is my concern. I have a least 50 pounds to lose and thought the V-Diet would kick start the process.

[quote]lowlight wrote:
I did a full V-Diet without HOT-ROX and my results were completely typical compared to those shown here. I lost a solid 18 lbs of fat, and lost no muscle at all. You absolutely do not need to take it.
[/quote]

Exactly.

The supps noted are quite beneficial, but not necessary for success. If you have high bp, simply omit what you must.

You’ll be fine. These diets have been around for a long time for the morbidly obese. Nothing magic here. Point is to not lose muscle. If your training is correct you will do just fine.

[quote]swiebusch wrote:
Both products say do not use if you are taking meds for high blood pressure. That is my concern. I have a least 50 pounds to lose and thought the V-Diet would kick start the process.[/quote]

So you are taking meds? Well, then I’d say leave it out. But consult your Doctor first - he may give you the all clear.

If you can’t, you’ll need to step up the training to give your body a reason to keep that muscle.

if youre not taking HOT-ROX, will upping your BCAA intake make up for it?

[quote]MitchorRuby wrote:
if youre not taking HOT-ROX, will upping your BCAA intake make up for it?[/quote]

Not as effectively.

the one day on this diet that i forgot to take my HOT-ROX, i fell a sleep at my desk at work. not good. not good at all. :frowning:

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
MitchorRuby wrote:
if youre not taking HOT-ROX, will upping your BCAA intake make up for it?

Not as effectively. [/quote]

Oh really? Care to provide proof? Peer-reviewed research? Anything? Or are you just guessing?

Yeah, thought so :slight_smile:

[quote]lowlight wrote:
Oh really? Care to provide proof? Peer-reviewed research? Anything? Or are you just guessing?

Yeah, thought so :)[/quote]

It’s been done by other people before. Stop being an arrogant fuck and get off the high horse. You’re on a Biotest site. Of course we’re going to recommend their products. But more than that, we’ve used them and THEY WORK.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
lowlight wrote:

It’s been done by other people before. Stop being an arrogant fuck and get off the high horse. You’re on a Biotest site. Of course we’re going to recommend their products. But more than that, we’ve used them and THEY WORK.[/quote]
There’s a difference between recommending one brand of products you like over another. That’s fine. But to say that it “won’t work” if you don’t take it is absurd and completely ignorant. I don’t say anything when people talk about what a rush they get from Vitamin B1+Caffeine. I am not here to trash Biotest. But ignorant statements like the ones here will just mislead and misinform people. I’m sure that’s not what Biotest is about.

So the statement stands. If you take a thermo while on the V-Diet, you’ll lost more fat than if you don’t take one. That’s it. It’s not to say that you will NOT succeed on the diet without it, or that you need the forskolin to maintain lean mass while on the diet. That is bad enough, but to say that it would be more effective than BCAA’s?

Give your head a shake.

Didn’t mean to start a war!!

I have to try the V-Diet without the stimulants; it’s just to much of a health risk for me right now. After all, I am doing it for my health, not to look like Arnold (if that happens great; but I will have to grow taller, get younger, and dye my hair). They do put the warnings on the lables for a reason. I’ll keep everyone up-to-date on the outcome and if my health issues improve (which I am sure they will); maybe I can add the stimulants then.

[quote]lowlight wrote:
Makavali wrote:
lowlight wrote:

It’s been done by other people before. Stop being an arrogant fuck and get off the high horse. You’re on a Biotest site. Of course we’re going to recommend their products. But more than that, we’ve used them and THEY WORK.

There’s a difference between recommending one brand of products you like over another. That’s fine. But to say that it “won’t work” if you don’t take it is absurd and completely ignorant. I don’t say anything when people talk about what a rush they get from Vitamin B1+Caffeine. I am not here to trash Biotest. But ignorant statements like the ones here will just mislead and misinform people. I’m sure that’s not what Biotest is about.

So the statement stands. If you take a thermo while on the V-Diet, you’ll lost more fat than if you don’t take one. That’s it. It’s not to say that you will NOT succeed on the diet without it, or that you need the forskolin to maintain lean mass while on the diet. That is bad enough, but to say that it would be more effective than BCAA’s?

Give your head a shake.[/quote]

You really are an ignorant little prick aren’t you? The compounds in HOT-ROX are specially designed to help prevent muscle loss. BCAA’s are not, they serve many other purposes. Simple as that. I never said BCAA’s wouldn’t help, since they do help prevent catabolism to a certain degree. He asked if they would be as good as HOT-ROX. They won’t be.

As for pandering to a certain brand bullshit you spew- Biotest makes BCAA’s too and I just told him they won’t help as much. So that pretty much shoots your theory.

Quick being a fucking know-it-all when you clearly don’t know a damn thing.