Biotest

V-Diet Without Hot-Rox?

Hi all -
I’m planning to start the V-Diet next week, and had a question about the use of HOT-ROX with it.

Basically, I’ve tried HOT-ROX in the past, and even with just one cap a day, it completely hoses my sleep. When I take it, I have a horrible problem falling asleep, and I spend the whole night tossing and turning and waking up briefly.

The lack of sleep definitely shows in the gym.

So, I’m wondering if there’s any harm in doing the diet without the HOT-ROX, or any way I can use it without wrecking my sleep.

Note that I’m not normally that sensitive to stimulants. I drink coffee (black), and I also take the max dose of Alpha Male with no ill effects (and Carbolin 19 wasn’t an issue either, which I took before I started taking Alpha Male).

It’s just that something in HOT-ROX really screws with my ability to get any decent sleep.

Some people are very sensitive to HOT-ROX, while I’ve known a few who can take two and go to sleep an hour later. Most who are sensitive can cut back on coffee and sodas, then take 1 capsules twice per day, or one or two capsules in the AM only. But it sounds like you’ve tried everything.

I hate to see the V-Dieter skip HOT-ROX since it speeds things up and helps to preserve muscle, but some things can’t be helped. One option is to take Se7en and Carbolin 19. Both have no stimulatory properties and can preserve muscle and speed fat loss a bit.

Yes, Se7en is marketed toward women, but it works for men too. I’ve used it myself during cutting phases.

Another final option is to use melatonin or Z-12:

http://www.t-nation.com/portal_includes/articles/products/blue/z12.jsp

Dieting itself, in any form, can lead to sleep interference, though most people adjust. So Z-12 can help.

Hope that helps!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Some people are very sensitive to HOT-ROX, while I’ve known a few who can take two and go to sleep an hour later. Most who are sensitive can cut back on coffee and sodas, then take 1 capsules twice per day, or one or two capsules in the AM only. But it sounds like you’ve tried everything.

I hate to see the V-Dieter skip HOT-ROX since it speeds things up and helps to preserve muscle, but some things can’t be helped. One option is to take Se7en and Carbolin 19. Both have no stimulatory properties and can preserve muscle and speed fat loss a bit.

Yes, Se7en is marketed toward women, but it works for men too. I’ve used it myself during cutting phases.

Another final option is to use melatonin or Z-12:

http://www.T-Nation.com/portal_includes/articles/products/blue/z12.jsp

Dieting itself, in any form, can lead to sleep interference, though most people adjust. So Z-12 can help.

Hope that helps!

[/quote]

Thanks, Chris!

I’ll give the Z-12 and/or melatonin a shot for a few days at the beginning, to see if it helps with sleep any. If not, I’ll go the Carbolin 19-19 route, since I know I tolerate it very well.

For what it’s worth, HOT-ROX gives me the same sort of jitters and sleeplessness things like ephedrine used to. Couldn’t stand that, either.