Biotest

V-Diet with Type 1 Diabetes

Hey guys I’m new to this, and am very interested! I am a type 1 diabetic and was pretty overwhelmed with all of the other information to take in about the diet… I was wondering if anyone could heLp me figure out a plan that will suit my diabetes. I am insulin dePendant, and am currently taking 26units of lantis (long lasting) daily and for every 8 grams of carbohydrates I am taking 1 unit of novo rapid ( fast acting ) if Anyone knows of good or bad I’d like to hear about it!

I can’t offer any medial advice here, but hopefully another TNation reader in a similar situation can chime in and help you out.

I not a Doctor… but I heard that Diabetes person got to be running from high sodium carbs witch are the ones that made the system to go into insuline resistance mode… so… I guess you can go trought V-Diet cause’ the only strong carb source is the Superfood and I don’t think there’s much sodium there…

If anyone can add something else… I guess I’m done here… jejejejejejeje

Obviously you’re going to have to adjust doses for the extremely low carb intake. Your endocrinologist should be able to help with that, but I seriously doubt they’ll want to help you with anything like the V-Diet. You’ll probably be on your own, so I’d recommend not trying the V-Diet until you have expert control of monitoring your blood glucose and adjusting doses on your own. IANAD, but I don’t think I offered any advice there other than to avoid the diet for now.

Bayleid, I’m also a type 1 diabetic. I have never tried the V-Diet, but I have tried going low carb at certain times in my life. What are your goals? Do you simply want to lose fat, get in shape? Be as specific as possible as to what you are doing for food and exercise and what you would like to accomplish. I may be able to give you a few tips. The more info you give me, the more advice I can give you.