Biotest

V-Diet with One HSM Per Day?

Hi there!

Ok…so i have started doing after a week of the normal V-Diet, do it with one HSM per day. Since my problem was never junk food, but control and fullness, it may work better for me this way.

Im not sure yet…will determine it in a week.

Anyone tried it? or anyone coming off the 28 day phase…and doing the 2 week phase with 1 hsm per day? do you still lose weight well?

Thanks!

[quote]reesemortensen wrote:
Hi there!

Ok…so i have started doing after a week of the normal V-Diet, do it with one HSM per day. Since my problem was never junk food, but control and fullness, it may work better for me this way.

Im not sure yet…will determine it in a week.

Anyone tried it? or anyone coming off the 28 day phase…and doing the 2 week phase with 1 hsm per day? do you still lose weight well?

Thanks![/quote]

I originally provided an HSM-per-day option in an earlier version of the V-Diet. The results:

1. There were more failures. Probably because people messed up on their food choices. Plus, that option leaves too much wiggle-room, and contrary to logic, people are MORE likely to stick to a stricter plan with no wiggle room and FEWER choices. It’s just too easy to go to 2 HSMs per day, then 3, then, well, you’re not on the diet anymore.

2. Those who were able to finish the V-Diet with an HSM per day reported less-than-spectacular results compared to the strict V-Dieter.

3. They also didn’t get those very powerful taste and craving changes the V-Diet is known for.

So, I’d suggest going strict or not at all.

Thanks a lot!

The thing is…that i didnt have any taste change at all. I love healthy food, i mean…its my favorite thing (veggies, lean meats etc…) so for me eating them is normal.

1. Considering i need a long term plan (i will compete in october, i need to get down to 185 and i am 255 currently) would you still recommend it?

2. And is the spectacular results due to lot of water loss? (i know i lose a lot of water when i am on a lower carb diet)

3. I take a medication for my pancreatic tumors (which cause excess of insulin) that makes the carbs be absorbed in an extremely low rate…even sugar gets absorbed like a carb source thats low GI and full of fibre, so you get an idea. Is it still ok?

4. I have had lot of stomach/toilett problems with the strict V.diet…thats the main reason of my thought to get a HSM per day.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks a lot!

The thing is…that i didnt have any taste change at all. I love healthy food, i mean…its my favorite thing (veggies, lean meats etc…) so for me eating them is normal.

1. Considering i need a long term plan (i will compete in october, i need to get down to 185 and i am 255 currently) would you still recommend it?

2. And is the spectacular results due to lot of water loss? (i know i lose a lot of water when i am on a lower carb diet)

3. I take a medication for my pancreatic tumors (which cause excess of insulin) that makes the carbs be absorbed in an extremely low rate…even sugar gets absorbed like a carb source thats low GI and full of fibre, so you get an idea. Is it still ok?

4. I have had lot of stomach/toilett problems with the strict V.diet…thats the main reason of my thought to get a HSM per day.

What are your thoughts?[/quote]

1. The V-Diet is a great way to kickstart a longer term plan.

2. Any time a person lowers carbs he or she will dump a little bloat and water weight. It’s just 1-3 pounds typically, with shakes or low-carb solid foods.

3. No idea. Not a doctor.

4. See #3.

you will probably lose weight, but you wont be doing the V-Diet.

this isnt an attack on you, because i can see how what you propose seems reasonable…so this isnt targeting you, but id like to see some debate about the underlying principle here.

all you (and by this i mean anyone wanting to alter the plan) have done is rationalised your way out of doing the full diet, because it was a little too trying to not eat.

because we are hardcore and the cheat is a healthy meal does not make us any different from the weight watchers member sneaking a cheeky french fry.

you set out to follow a plan. you excused yourself from following that plan. you failed. you learn nothing.

I couldnt for one second contemplate cheating/altering in this plan. Especially when the fundimental purpose is to clense yourself of these sorts of rationalisations.

if you just want to lose 15 pounds thats fine, just dont call it the V-Diet. The challenge you pose yourself is the thing that makes this programme different from fad short term ‘squeeze into your wedding dress’ plans.

Mmmm ok. Lol.

1. Why do “so called experts” say that the maximum fat loss amount per week is 2 pounds. Yet the results from V-Diet go up to 21 pounds (or more) in 28 days.

:stuck_out_tongue: I was very intrigued by this.

1. Ok, i’ll go back to strict v-diet…i ate already 3 HSM in the time i was on…sooo, i have just 1 left, for the 19 days ahead…or should i simply keep doing normal and at the end of 7 days eat a hsm?

2 pounds per week is the lowest common denominator maximum amount of weight to lose safely in a week.

these sort of experts have to presume that the weight loser is a 50 year old pregnant woman who smokes 40 a day and has partial kidney failure.

do you take fiber suppliments for your toilet probs?

Chutec: i am just wanting to see an alternate way, its not that its harder for me not to eat solid food. I am an ex-anorexic…still have tendency to undereat a lot (add it with my 8 medications i need per day to keep my main endocrine organs working)…so…i wanted to know what would be different, since calories ARE calories, as long as you burn more then you take…normally things should be fine.

I like to know the thoughts on it.

The why’s of the things. I question a lot, and its my nature. :slight_smile:

.or should i simply keep doing normal and at the end of 7 days eat a hsm?[/quote]

Yes, this is better.

Chutec: thanks a lot for your answer, lets see:

1. you’re right about those experts, i just wanted to know the thoughts of people on it.

2. Fiber is the problem…i have a tendency to diarrhea because of my thyroid/adrenal glands/pituitary problems, so my poo (aka Sh*T) is all liquid and hurts like hell (normally when you eat all liquid is normal, but the pain…mmmm

:slight_smile: any suggestions?

an alternative way is a different diet.

im talking purely mental gain from sticking to what you choose to do.

If I was having problems like yours and was keen to create my own diet id take the v diet and then blend spinach or other vegetables into my shakes.

you take fiber tablets and still have toilet issues?

i did for the first 4 days, then i took the recommended fiber supps and now im fine

Chutec: dont encourage me to “create” my own diet (i already have like 1000 written in my computer, LOL)!!! Dont encourage my creativity madness (then i dont stick ofcourse). Noooo, dont even DARE haha.

Spinach? you want me to even go more then 5 times to the toilet? OMG…that would mean i cant go out my room anymore lol!!!

Are you dong the V-Diet? how is it going so far? I lost 6,7 pounds…1 week (3,2 kg)

I dont take fiber tablets because:

1. I am allergic to most component in the fiber tablet they sell here

2. They give me flatulence/gas

3. Gosh…read 1+2 = pain, pain, horrible experience

I want to have solid deposit for god sake!!! LOOOL

if you have all these sensitivities then my immediate reaction is dont do the V-Diet.

as i said maybe you would do better doing most parts of the V-Diet but with natural fibre.

cauliflower is another good thing to blend to your shakes on a non V-Diet. It wont make a taste difference.

just dont be suprised if you dont achieve full results and long term mental strength by altering things!

Im on day 6 of the V-Diet and its not been easy. The only thing stopping me going nuts on a steak and broccoli is the fact that I refuse to rationalise or make exceptions. without the strictness of the diet I would slide down a slope and by the end of the month id be having a creamy curry every other night.

off to bed, good luck on the toilet!

loooool

i will do the strict V-Diet…you encouraged me so (tell me no…and i do it :-P)

mmmm i was craving salad…plain salad. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am on day 9…:-), counting technically, 8 days strict.

True…i shouldnt rationalise like: this is healthy, etc… etc…, or easy to fall off

mmmmmm