Biotest

V-Diet with Another Protein?

Is it possible to get great results on the Velocity Diet when using some other brand of protein powder?

No.

I am currently on day 7 of the diet and am using the suggested Biotest supplements.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did complete the diet roughly 16 months ago using another brand of whey blend and casein, and I did get excellent results.

I am not trying to start an argument here, but I am curious as to why exactly Metabolic Drive is absolutely necessary for the program.

Chris, could you explain?

For financial reasons I decided to do the V-Diet a while back with costco protein. While you might say I can’t at that point call it the V-Diet, I made sure it followed the daily macros as closely as possible and did have considerable success. If I did have the dough though I would have no doubt ordered the entire package available here, but you can get results without it. Although I am sure I will catch hell here for saying so.

[quote]jkh80 wrote:

I am not trying to start an argument here, but I am curious as to why exactly Metabolic Drive is absolutely necessary for the program.

Chris, could you explain?[/quote]

because the program was designed around it. There is no “quality control” otherwise, and its just another variable to screw things up in a quite strict program. You can’t say you’re doing the program because you’re not, and results cannot even be properly expected.

And, it’s just the tip of the iceberg. After other proteins are ok, then people will ask about the oil. The the fat absorber. Pretty soon, people will be doing a diet that is NOTHING like the V-Diet, then complaining that it doesn’t work.

I think Chris is doing the right thing, by putting his foot down. $30/tub is not that expensive – most proteins are in that ballpark. And, you’ll save all the money you were blowing before eating out. :slight_smile:

Agreed. It’s quality control. And as Chris said, why save an extra $60 to only half ass the diet?

Sure you may lose 15 pounds without MD. But you could lose 25 WITH MD.

Why is it so hard for people to stick to the program?

[quote]Tarrius wrote:
Why is it so hard for people to stick to the program?[/quote]

I read a Sci Fi book a long time ago – it was one of them in Piers Anthony’s “On a Pale Horse” series. Anyway, Mars, The God of War, was trying to describe why he wouldn’t give even a little bit, on some point. He was using the methodology described in “The Art of War”

In a nutshell, everytime you give a little bit, then you have the license to give a little more. So, if you give in to some small point (like protein powder), then you are more likely to give on the next point. Because, then the next decision (like an additional HSM) is that much easier. Eventually you lose the war due to small concessions.

Chris has mentioned over and over that this is a VERY difficult diet. And, I agree, that once you slip a little, that it is that much easier to slip a little more. I have a twisted ankle, so I’m only going to be able to do a partial workout. And, I am VERY tempted to just skip this workout, since it’s only a half workout anyway. It’s a very slippery slope.

So, even though other protein powders would probably be just as good, one change leads to another . . . yatta, and pretty soon you’re not on the V-diet anymore, and you probably won’t see results.

[quote]Tarrius wrote:
Agreed. It’s quality control. And as Chris said, why save an extra $60 to only half ass the diet?

Sure you may lose 15 pounds without MD. But you could lose 25 WITH MD.

Why is it so hard for people to stick to the program?[/quote]

I don’t live in the U.S. and while Metabolic Drive is priced competitively there, the difference in price between Metabolic Drive and a comparable brand of whey and casein is quite substantial where I am. I am using the Biotest stuff for the diet this time, as I am now in a financial position to do so, but it is costing well over twice as much.

That’s just my rant. I’m not taking anything away from Biotest or their products, as I am enjoying the Biotest supplements much more than the other stuff I used for the last round of the diet I did. If Metabolic Drive was cost-effective for me to use year-round, I would.

[quote]CodeMonkey wrote:…
[/quote]

So by that logic working out in your back yard vs a commercial gym would be slipping? Even if you had all the same weights but it wasn’t as perty…

So people that are lactose intolerant are incapable of doing the V-Diet? I cannot take milk based proteins and I’m sure I’m not the only one who has this problem.

[quote]hugh.mann wrote:
CodeMonkey wrote:…

So by that logic working out in your back yard vs a commercial gym would be slipping? Even if you had all the same weights but it wasn’t as perty… [/quote]

Thats not “by that logic” at all.

[quote]Wapptor wrote:
So people that are lactose intolerant are incapable of doing the V-Diet? I cannot take milk based proteins and I’m sure I’m not the only one who has this problem. [/quote]

I am lactose intolerant, and used lactaid. Personally I was fine, but this won’t necessarily be the case for everyone, obviously. And um…yeah, basically if you cannot use the right stuff you cannot do it… There are other good diets out there.

[quote]Wapptor wrote:
So people that are lactose intolerant are incapable of doing the V-Diet? I cannot take milk based proteins and I’m sure I’m not the only one who has this problem. [/quote]

In the ask Chris thread this came up. Nope you can’t, but there are plenty of other diets on this site that can be tailored around lactose intolerance.

I was tempted with trying to use a cheaper brand of casein, but the savings only added up to 80 bucks roughly. I completed the diet 2 weeks ago with great results. The fact that shakes (Metabolic Drive) will be 95% of what you’ll be eating for 4 weeks, you should invest in the best tasting protein. Just my 2 cents.

My boyfriend did it 100% with Myofusion instead of Metabolic Drive (due to completely outrageous shipping/handling/customs… whatever charges). He lost 22lbs and looks sexy as hell.

Yeah it won’t be considered an official “V-DIET” and therefore you can’t complain if you don’t get the exact results outlined by the program… but get a decent protein thats extremely comparable to Metabolic Drive and give’r a shot anyhow… really what do you have to lose?

aaaand in the even that it doesn’t work? Cycle off for the recommended 4-6 weeks then bite the bullet and buy the recommended supps.