Biotest

V-Diet While Injured?

Hi Chris how are you? Sorry to bug you again. I tore my rotator cuff (teris major/minor area) so I am off resistance work for a V-Diet come September 1st. However I was wondering, is it still okay to do the diet even without resistance work? The only things I can do right now are walking (I have a treadmill so I can adjust speed/incline) and sprints. I tried deads., no good; forget about anything that uses my arms, especially overhead work.

The only squatting I can do are front squats, and it still hurts, just not a ton. Is there any way to do the V-Diet with no resistance work, just cardio. and hiit, and if so, does it need to be changed at all (i.e. amount of macros., etc…)?

Thanks a whole bunch. Damn I am bummed.

Well, I’d never recommend any diet without resistance work. Especially with only cardio. Too much of a risk of muscle loss, metabolism slowdown, and yo-yo’ing etc.

Of course you can eat only HSMs and keep the “cardio” to NEPA-only activities until you recover, then take the more hardcore approach of a full V-Diet.

If you want to do it anyway, then you won’t need the Surge Recovery since there is no post-weight training period. I’d suggest 3 shakes per day, then a healthy solid meal at night. No traditional long-duration cardio, just some HIIT-style work and NEPA. See my article here for some tips (see bottom of blog): http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/running_makes_you_fat

Thanks for the response Chris. I think I will give it a go anyway. The calculator says to do 2025 cal. on weight training days and 1670 on off days. Should this be altered at all while can"t train?

Thanks

Those numbers will give you a place to start. Feel free to adjust them weekly, up or down, as needed based on results.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.