Biotest

V-Diet, Travel, and Booze

Ok the V-Diet guide that was thankfully provided says that a key to success is to measure, photograph, and post. I really hate this extroverted crap but I will give it a try.

I started yesterday and I am doing the advanced program. I am also lucky enough to have a great a training partner. He isn’t ready for the diet yet, but he is willing to follow the training plan.

This will be interesting from few different aspects.

1. I know it will work, I am focused on it, and I have been training for over 7 years now. I tend to be very carb sensitive so the carb cycling aspect will be a good thing. I did low a carb keto diet 8 years ago and went from a fat 185 to a scrawny 155, hit the iron and worked back up to the 180s.

2. I am a father and a professional who travels a lot. I find myself at nice restaurants, airports, and on car trips several times a month. I have been able to slow this down with the economy the way it is, so this is a perfect V-Diet window.

3. The guide says to get a hobby, can I count India Pale Ale, Cabernet, and Single Malt as my hobby? Seriously this has gotten out of control for too long. I really enjoy a good drink but with the travel and social situations I have found myself having a drink about 4 nights a week. two to three drinks when out, only makes it easier to have two or three drinks while watching a movie once I get home. Before you know it a bottle of wine, or a six pack of good beer is gone.

I figure I have been taking in anywhere from 2,500 - 4,000 calories a week in wine, beer and whiskey…

Time to stop, another great motivator behind the V-Diet. It will be dry as a desert bone.

Not sure if I did the measurements correctly, but here we go…

Height: 5 ft 6 in
Weight: 184
Neck: 16
Shoulders: 49
Chest - Upper: 42
Chest - Lower: 40
Waist - at Navel: 38
Waist - at largest: 38.5
Hips - at largest: 40
Upper Arm - L: 15
Upper Arm - R: 15
Upper Leg - L: 23
Upper Leg - R: 23
Lower Leg - L: 14.5
Lower Leg - R: 14.5
Ankle - L: 8.5
Ankle - R: 8.5
Schlong: Good enough

Words of encouragement are appreciated.

Side pic, don’t let the face hiding camera freak you out.

I have a feeling this is going to be a fun log to follow! Good no BS attitude.

Keep us posted!

Thank you sir, I am honored by the reply.

Quick update, started on Monday and it is now Friday. All is good on the Northern front. It seems like the fat is getting ready to melt off, just like the North Dakota snow.

Believe it or not I had a nightmare last night that I was stuck at the Golden Corral feeding trough with co-workers, and I caved in. I woke up so pissed at myself, and it took me a little while to realize what the hell was going on.

Yes, my dreams and life are that lame.

LOL, I have had dreams like that too. For me, it’s always accidentally eating something and forgetting I’m still on the diet. Weird stuff. Weird stuff.

Foodmares, not good.

On a different note, I am a little ashamed to admit that I made it no problem through the week without a drop of booze, and it is the first week in a long time.

I figure this week I saved about 1,500 calories in beer and wine by avoiding it. I should double that savings by staying true this weekend.

Feeling good.

Anybody else notice that doing the V-Diet is a lot like working towards financial fitness?

They are both about behavior modification and busting long term habits.

On the V-Diet many of those around you don’t seem to understand nor do they care to. They tell you that you are crazy and that it just isn’t normal. They try to talk you into eating poorly and “being just like everybody else”.

These are often the same people that want you to go out to the nice restaurants and outings, even if you have to use a credit card. They justify it that everybody uses credit cards “is is just the way it is in today’s society.”

Pretty sad when “normal” is fat and in debit. It seems like that is the accepted and expected norm today.

OMG is the V-Burn challenge painful for a cardiophobe like me.

Seriously, the only cardio I usually participate in revolves around a pirated Girls Gone Wild video.

I thought I was going to spew with 2 circuits to go.

I am glad I am learning it, it will be a great hotel room on the road workout in the future.

If anybody is looking for a V-Burn Challenge come on up here to Fargo, N.D. If you watch any of the national news you will know that we are in a record flood fight.

I just spent 6 hours sandbagging in the rain and mud in forty degree weather. Without a doubt one of the best workouts you will ever have.

Unfortunately I had to cheat on the diet, with no way to access a shake and getting dizzy from working without eating I had to take a ham and cheese sandwich off of the Red Cross truck that came by. You would think that after a solid week of the V-Diet that it would have tasted good, but honestly it was just fuel at that point.

Back the work and then sandbagging again tomorrow.