Biotest

V-Diet Transitions

Do most people transition into the V-Diet by slowly decreasing calories like a normal cut phase or can you go form bulking, say 4000K daily right in to the V-Diet?

I ask because I have heard of people going right in the the Get Shredded Diet, which is also an extreme diet.

I have tried the V-Diet some time ago and failed. I knew nothing about nutrition. Since that time I have lost 50 pounds of fat and begun gaining some muscle . I am following John Berardi’s Precision Nutrition. Even my “cheat” meals come from his book.

I have a long way to go before I reach my bulking goals. When I get there I want to drop to single digit BF as fast as I can. My original plan was to do the Get Shredded Diet, but that is meant for people already pretty lean. I am guessing I will end up about 12-15% body fat before I am ready to cut, so the V-Diet sound good.

I would transition into it by doing the transition phase backwards, but you don’t need to take the whole two weeks. One week is enough. Get to where you have one HSM a day and the rest shakes. Then do the shakes.

There are two ways to transition INTO the V-Diet:

1. Cold turkey. Just go right into it, hardcore. This is actually what I did when I tried the first full experimental version of the diet. In fact, I think I had a massive cheat meal the day before. This may not have been all that smart, but that’s what I did.

2. Slower transition. Probably a better idea. I wrote something called the “Velocity Diet Lite” a while back. Basically it’s just having a Metabolic Drive shake for breakfast (a meal most overweight people skip) and another for the final meal of the day (a time when most overweight people binge eat, overeat, or make the worst food choices.)

So, two shakes a day at two critical times. It makes for a gentle transition into the full V-Diet too.

Or as Mike wrote above, you can reverse the Transition designed for coming off the diet. You can find the official, capital-letter Transition here:

http://www.t-nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2125931

Thanks for the replys. I am sure alot of other people want to know the same thing.

I think the only other thing I would change up is the HOT-ROX. I had some bad reactions to HOT-ROX so I may replace with Alpha Male or Abs+.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
Thanks for the replys. I am sure alot of other people want to know the same thing.

I think the only other thing I would change up is the Hot Rox. I had some bad reactions to Hot Rox so I may replace with Alpha Male or Abs+.

[/quote]

Carbolin 19 and Se7en would be better choices.

I am taking Carbolin-19 now and will be up untill I am ready for the V-Diet.

I was thinking since Alpha Male has Carbolin-19 in it that it would be a good choice.

I will look in to Se7en.

I did the cold turkey. No cheat either. It all depends on your will power.

Cold turkey worked for me too. I didn’t use any stimulant or hormone supplements either, and my results were typical of what to expect from the V-Diet.

I was concerned that a sudden, big change in calorie intake would mess up your metabloism.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
I was concerned that a sudden, big change in calorie intake would mess up your metabloism.[/quote]

I think that’s the reason for the taper back into solids.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
DF85 wrote:
I was concerned that a sudden, big change in calorie intake would mess up your metabloism.

I think that’s the reason for the taper back into solids.[/quote]

I know you have the transition out of the V-Diet, I was talking about going in to the diet. I thought going from solid food, say 3500K daily right in to 1500K daily of nothing but shakes would ruin your metabolism.

I will take one week and slowly Transition in the the V-Diet like posted above.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.