Biotest

V-Diet - the Velocity Diary :)

Hello!
I am counting down till Saturday, where my plan is to start on the Velocity Diet. I just need to get my powders and HOT-ROX home, before I can start up on it - the rest has already been bought.

I have tried all sorts of diets in my past as a karate competitor and have always been more found of those simple and fast or a bit extreme ones. Some of them have been my “own” inventions and some of them have been more famous ones, such as Atkins, the Zone and Getting Shredded. I have never been one of those people who can just eat ordinary food, just a little bit restricted in calories, for a “slow and healthy weight loss”, as many health prophets in TV and magazines often say. I find that boring.

But if the diet tends to sound a bit extreme in the ears of “ordinary people” I am right on it! Because then it is as there is a bit of a challenge to do it and I am quite a competitive person…

When I first heard of the Velocity Diet, my first thought was “that’s genius! Gotta try that one day!” And this Saturday, that day is coming :slight_smile:

I will post my stats Saturday morning, since I am already kind of on a diet for my upcoming competition and want to have my numbers as fresh as possible.

This picture is not one of those front-back and side pictures that Chris recommends, but it just to show what I have accomplished so far on a small bulk and cut period. There are four months from the first picture till the last one (counting from top to bottom). The last one is not fantastically fresh, but I don’t think the difference is that huge, if you compare it with today :slight_smile:

Please bare over with bad light and lack of posing skills :wink:

Last day before V-Diet starts, so I am enjoying every meal :slight_smile: I had grilled salmon with tzatziki made on spinnache in stead of cucumer. Yummmmm!!!
This was also my last day of deloading after Sheiko CMS and these last two days, my motivation for liftin weights REALLY came back! Can’t wait til the morning!

Dag 1 - measurements

Height: 5’6’'
Weight: 146 lbs
Belly: 33 1/2
Thigh: 23 1/2
Calves: 15 1/2
Chest: 37
Upper abs: 31 3/4
Shoulders: 43
Biceps: 13
Neck: 13 1/2

Pictures coming up later. So far so good, I don’t mind the low ammount of carbs - that is usually the way my diets are designed :slight_smile: But it is a bit weird to only have a shake and be done with eating… I think I will have a lot of spare time suddenly!

Day 2
So far so good :slight_smile: I actually love the taste those Flax seeds give the shakes! It almost gives the shake a sort of nut-like flavour. Yumm!! But I really need to get my delivery from my sponsor soon, because only two flavours to choose from, is not enough…

I have been running to the toilet like a maniac - all that fluid leaving the body, makes me feel totally slim already! It is very tempting to jump up on the scales, just to see how much has happened only during the first 24 hours, but I am beeing patient…

Went to spinning today and could really tell that I am not getting that much carbs at the moment. But it was absolutely not impossible to get through the class and I don’t feel that waisted now, as I thought I would. :slight_smile:

[quote]Floyd Linis wrote:
Went to spinning today and could really tell that I am not getting that much carbs at the moment. But it was absolutely not impossible to get through the class and I don’t feel that waisted now, as I thought I would. :slight_smile: [/quote]

From seeing your numbers and stats, it looks like your someone that could do very well from the V-Diet, but you’ve missed one very important thing.

Your not supposed to be doing any hardcore cardio like spinning! NEPA only!

Good louck with your results, looking forward to the updates.

LR

[quote]London Runner wrote:
Floyd Linis wrote:
Went to spinning today and could really tell that I am not getting that much carbs at the moment. But it was absolutely not impossible to get through the class and I don’t feel that waisted now, as I thought I would. :slight_smile:

From seeing your numbers and stats, it looks like your someone that could do very well from the V-Diet, but you’ve missed one very important thing.

Your not supposed to be doing any hardcore cardio like spinning! NEPA only!

Good louck with your results, looking forward to the updates.

LR[/quote]

Hi!
Thank you! :slight_smile: I hope you are right, I can’t wait to be done with the whole project and see the difference! I am really impressed of what others on this forum has accomplished with the diet!

I know about the NEPA and cardio… But it is a bit difficult when I am an instructor… Maybe I should ask Shugart if he knows a way of doing the diet, even when you sometimes have to do intens cardio…

Those questions have been asked a thousand times. I think he’s probably pretty sick of answering them.

I can understand the feeling you may have to do the cardio because you’ve been doing it for so long.

But doing cardio when on the V-Diet can actually lead to muscle loss. And that’s the last thing you want with a figure like yours.

If you do it the way it’s written, you’ll have fantastic results.

If you add in the cardio, you’ll have nothing but complaints.

Cut out the cardio, it won’t help you at all!

LR

[quote]London Runner wrote:
Those questions have been asked a thousand times. I think he’s probably pretty sick of answering them.

I can understand the feeling you may have to do the cardio because you’ve been doing it for so long.

But doing cardio when on the V-Diet can actually lead to muscle loss. And that’s the last thing you want with a figure like yours.

If you do it the way it’s written, you’ll have fantastic results.

If you add in the cardio, you’ll have nothing but complaints.

Cut out the cardio, it won’t help you at all!

LR[/quote]

You’re right, just read a bit among his other threads on the subject and don’t think I will bother him with that question. :wink:

Fortunately enough, you don’t have to do it all when you are instructing, so with a little bit of acting skills, I can get through the sessions without maximum effort and still do my job :slight_smile: And so far, I have always been a bit spoiled when it comes to building and maintaining muscle mass. So I am hoping this diet will end with fabulous results anyway :slight_smile:

(but thanks for input :slight_smile: I am hoping to be able to surprise you:) )

I hope so too. :wink:

LR

Here are my pictures, finally… I just had to find the cable to our camera :slight_smile: Front…

Back…

Side…

Day 3 went by with no problems. Lifted weights yesterday, that was great! As always! My trapz are grilled today, love the feeling! :smiley: A funny thing on this diet; first two shakes I can’t wait to get down! Number three and four are kind of “oh well, time to have a shake again”. (The one after training is never a problem, though…:wink: ) But the last one before bedtime, I actually struggle with! It is not that I don’t like the taste of it, but I am full! Kind of a luxury problem :wink:

My brother is coming to visit from Sweden this evening, so I have made a sweet potato soup with chili and cinnamon… ooh, that is one temptation I will have to struggle to resist! I hope there will be some left overs, so I can have it for my HSM later this week, but he is kind of good at eating, so…

The visible change from day to day is amazing IMO. :smiley: Can’t wait till Saturday :slight_smile:

Me and my cat showing off the shape we are in :smiley: She is on a diet too, not the Velocity Diet, though :wink:

Day 5
I couldn’t help myself - had to jump on the scales for fun and measured one spot; the belly… I got quite surprised!
I have so far lost 8 lbs of weight and 2’’ round the belly! :smiley: Can’t wait till Saturday and I hope it will show on the pictures :slight_smile:

Stop stealing all my protein powder and start eating real food!
:wink:

Day 6
Still not especially affected from the diet - went weightlifting today and it felt really good! The pull ups have become a piece of cake after having lost those pounds (ok, piece of cake is maybe an exaggeration, but the have definately become easier). :slight_smile:

Tomorrow I am off to a spinning class again and then for a trip to visit some of our friends. :slight_smile:

Day 7
I overslept, so didn’t go to spinning… Went for a round of HIIT in the fitness center in stead. Nice, love getting the pulse up! And the PWO shake tastes ridiculously delicious right after! :smiley:
Have to admit that I am starting to long for my first HSM now… Luckily enough, it is just around the corner :wink:

[quote]Floyd Linis wrote:
Day 7
I overslept, so didn’t go to spinning… Went for a round of HIIT in the fitness center in stead. Nice, love getting the pulse up! And the PWO shake tastes ridiculously delicious right after! :smiley:
Have to admit that I am starting to long for my first HSM now… Luckily enough, it is just around the corner ;)[/quote]

Why are you doing HIIT? I understand that you teach a spinning class (i think…) and that you may need to replace NEPA with that, but adding HIIT…?