Biotest

V-Diet...Taking the Plunge

Hi all.
I decided after being fat for long enough, it was time to make the change. I found the V-Diet and it seems like just the thing I need to jump start my bubblegum body. I will keep this post updated daily because if I don’t I know I will fall off the wagon within the first week. Wish me strength (luck has nothing to do with it right?)
-B

Height: 72"
Weight: 235lb
Waist: 43"
Neck: 16"
Wrist: 6.5"
Bicep: 13"
Thigh: 25"
Chest: 47"

Good luck…Will be checking in daily…looking forward to seeing your results

Altight, B, you already have cute girls saying they’re going to follow your porgress. Can’t fail now!

Keep us posted, and if you have specific questions for me, be sure to hit me up in the Ask Chris thread.

1st Day Down. I feel hungry at my normal eating times. I think this is just force of habit. Drank 16oz of water and was good to go. Although by the third hour between shakes i feel like i could eat a horse.

Still Getting a feel for my max weights
Front Squat: 95lb 10/5/5 (too easy need more)
Lat Pull Down: 150lb 12/8 (need more)
Dumbell Bench: 50lb 12/8 (move to 60lb next Heavy Day)
Ab Wheel: 12/8 (force myself to go further)
Stuck to the tempo between sets. Overall good workout.

Day 2

Didnt think the temptations would come so fast. we had a going away party for some of my co workers, did not drink (1st moral victory) then my buddis ordered drunk food I did not eat any (2nd moral victory). Next temptation is tonight at another work function and then again on friday at another going away party.

NEPA activity - light jog (10 min/mile so a little faster than a walk)

[quote]bcumminsturbo wrote:
Day 2

Didnt think the temptations would come so fast. we had a going away party for some of my co workers, did not drink (1st moral victory) then my buddis ordered drunk food I did not eat any (2nd moral victory). Next temptation is tonight at another work function and then again on friday at another going away party.

[quote]

Well done for resisting! You could try having one of your shakes and supplements just before you go to a function like that, and drink plenty of water. I do this - it keeps me nice and full and helps to ease the temptations! I find the cravings come in waves, there one minute, then they go.

I think it will get easier when you get into a routine of having shakes - it did for me. Keep up the good work and your results will be great!

So the function was about the most torturous thing ever. So much alcohol (I’m the only sober dude in a group of like 200 people) so much good food and all i could do is keep asking myself what i wanted more, that dinner roll sitting in the middle of the table or the six pack that im working for. I beat my stomach and proud to report moral victory #3.

Only problem is had planned to workout after the function, it ended up running 2 hours over its scheduled time and the gym was closed by the time i got home. I am going to do my second workout first thing in the morning and get back on track.

Very nice work on resisting the temptation. Sounds like you’re in the right frame of mind!!!

Keep up the good work!!

day 4
No problems with the shakes.
Finished the second workout a day late…
Lunges (20 lb) 10/10/10/10
Push Press (80 lb) 15/10/5/5/5
Row (60 lb) 15/10/10/5
Barbell Curl (50 lb) 15/10/5/5/5
Rev. Crunch 40

Tonight is my friends going away party at Hooters, I’m going to eat my HSM tonight without drinking alcohol. Here’s to another night of sober debauchery.
-B

Longest night/event ever! I packed for it assuming that my friends and I were going to stay out much later and they were going to get much drunker than they planned (great fun for the DD :() So be it, I bucked up and packed meals for the rest of the night plus the next day.

It started at 8 p.m. at Hooters. Had my 1 HSM for the week: Grilled Chicken Salad w/ vinegar and oil dressing probably the best meal I have ever eaten (I can still remember eating it! Is this normal?) It ends at 3 a.m. in the morning 2 and half hours from home. Picks up again at 8 p.m. the next night and finishes at 3 a.m. that night.

In between we ate at 3 Korean Restaurants that serve a dish called samgyapsa, (its pork with five layers of fat, super bacon) Watched a movie with the popcorn and everything and stopped at a Baskin Robbins. It was torture for me but I am proud to report that I held true and finished week 1 with a total of 10 maybe even 15 successful tests of willpower.

Thanks everyone for your support and kind words. Pictures and weigh in tommorrow.
-B

Updates After Week 1:
Height:72"
Weight: 226 lb (-9 lb)
Waist: 41" (-2")
Neck: 16" (no change)
Chest: 46" (-1")
Bicep: 13.4" (+.4")
Thigh: 26.5" (+1")

Front

Right Side

Left Side

Back

What is everyone’s favorite flavor of shake? I just got finished with a tub of chocolate and a tub of the bannana and am starting on strawberry now. The only one that I haven’t had trouble choking down is chocolate. I was just wondering what everyone else’s experience has been.
-B

[quote]bcumminsturbo wrote:
What is everyone’s favorite flavor of shake? I just got finished with a tub of chocolate and a tub of the bannana and am starting on strawberry now. The only one that I haven’t had trouble choking down is chocolate. I was just wondering what everyone else’s experience has been.
-B[/quote]

I think I am favoring chocolate now…banana is ok if i use some fruit extracts to make it more ‘tropical’ tasting…but I think they all have an after taste so I like to chew gum or brush teeth after.

I have been pretty bad about recording my workouts lately, but here’s today’s.
Deadlift (155lb) 8/7/7/7/6/5
Decline DB Bench (50lb) 10/8/7 <—MF
(45lb) 7 <—MF again
(40lb) 8
Lat Pull Down (120lb) 15 <—too light
(140lb) 8/7/5/5
Plank (1:00 intervals) x4
HSM today. I am so excited, this will be two weeks with no mess ups.

Few questions:

1. Anyone have trouble waking up in the morning, It takes me twice as long as I usually do to get moving?
  2. My GNC FINALLY got flaxseed in (been using fiber tabs exclusively) and when i mixed it into my shake I almost vomited last weeks shakes up. Anybody else have trouble with the flax?
    -B

(1)peppermint extract helps with the chocolate

(2)not tired in the morning, opposite problem - I’m so freaking hungry that I just have to get out of bed, even if I actually need some more sleep!

(3)Is the flax seed you have milled? Needs to be milled to have the correct effect. But still, it defintely makes the shakes more difficult to take.

yep, milled