Biotest

V-Diet Stats After 14 Days

So I have been on the V-Diet for about 14 days and from day one I have been doing a body impedence log at the end of the week. And my stats are for 14 days;

FAt loss: 4lbs
muscle loss: 3lbs
H20 loss: 5lbs
scale weight loss: 10lbs

So my question is how do I decrease muscle loss? I have been told to increase my carb intake before and after the workout, since this would be the only time that my body is in danger of catabolism, and my protein and carb intake throughout the day is sufficient.

ANy advice would be great.

“body impedence” [sic]

There’s your trouble right there. Those things are horribly inaccurate. Threw mine out years ago after it told me I was 20% fat with fully visible abs.

See V-Diet guidelines: tape measurements and scale weight, once per week only.

You will not lose muscle if you follow the V-Diet correctly, period.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
“body impedence” [sic]

There’s your trouble right there. Those things are horribly inaccurate. Threw mine out years ago after it told me I was 20% fat with fully visible abs.

[/quote]

the body impedence we use was bought through the hospital and is usually used for patients with muscle loss disorders, burn victims, etc.which measures if patients need to be intubated to protect their airway due to significant muscle loss. However, i could be wrong too.

On a side note, pictures and clothes and other measurements have definately showed that I have lost size (fat). pant size down 2 inches from 36

[quote]trd323 wrote:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
“body impedence” [sic]

[/quote]

the body impedence we use was bought through the hospital and is usually used for patients with muscle loss disorders, burn victims, etc.which measures if patients need to be intubated to protect their airway due to significant muscle loss. However, i could be wrong too.

On a side note, pictures and clothes and other measurements have definately showed that I have lost size (fat). pant size down 2 inches from 36[/quote]

I’ve been measured by several bioelectrical impedance machines as well, costing thousands of dollars: all shockingly inaccurate. That technology simply does not work very well, in accuracy or consistency.

Now, just in case, are you following the V-Diet correctly? Using the exact supplements, doing the workouts, etc? Your purchase level is showing 0, so I’m not sure if you’re using the actual V-Diet supps or substitutions. (That level thing isn’t always up to date though.) Give me some more info and we’ll get to the bottom of it, but please, no more impedance scale – tape measurements and scale weight, once per week only.