Chest(lower)—48 in
Waist(navel)—42 in
Waist(largest)-45.5 in
Hips(largest)–48 in
Upper Arm(L/R)-17 in
Upper Leg(L/R)-28.5 in
Lower Leg(L/R)-20.5 in
Ankle(L/R)-----10 in

I ordered all of my Biotest supplements and I am ready to rock! I will be using the HOT-ROX fat burner. The only supplements I will be taking besides what was sent to me in the package are:

Glucosamine Chondroitin and MSM
Multivitamin
L-Carnitine
Melatonin

My overall goal is to lose as much fat as possible without sacrificing strength or lean mass. I have recently gotten into running (5-15k) and Crossfit type competitions. I think that by losing some body fat I will be able to perform better.

One question I had:

Is it ok to eat sugar free popsicles? What about crystal light or diet soda? I am trying to follow this thing exactly as intended.

[quote]nickvise wrote:
Height---------6’5 in
Weight---------271.8 lb
Neck-----------17.5 in
Shoulders------55 in
Chest(upper)—50 in
Chest(lower)—48 in
Waist(navel)—42 in
Waist(largest)-45.5 in
Hips(largest)–48 in
Upper Arm(L/R)-17 in
Upper Leg(L/R)-28.5 in
Lower Leg(L/R)-20.5 in
Ankle(L/R)-----10 in

I ordered all of my Biotest supplements and I am ready to rock! I will be using the HOT-ROX fat burner. The only supplements I will be taking besides what was sent to me in the package are:

Glucosamine Chondroitin and MSM
Multivitamin
L-Carnitine
Melatonin

My overall goal is to lose as much fat as possible without sacrificing strength or lean mass. I have recently gotten into running (5-15k) and Crossfit type competitions. I think that by losing some body fat I will be able to perform better.

One question I had:

Is it ok to eat sugar free popsicles? What about crystal light or diet soda? I am trying to follow this thing exactly as intended. [/quote]

Welcome aboard!

I’ve always said that the #1 performance enhancer is fat loss. You’re going to be amazed at how much faster you are and how much higher you jump without ever training those skills.

An occasional diet soda is okay, but water is always best.

Don’t eat the popsicles or drink anything with calories. Break the bad food habits during this 4 weeks. Things like popsicles would only slow that “rehab” process.

[quote]nickvise wrote:
Is it ok to eat sugar free popsicles? What about crystal light or diet soda? I am trying to follow this thing exactly as intended. [/quote]

The main thing is, no additional cals.

However, wouldn’t you rather leave that other crap behind?

Soda, diet or not, isn’t exactly great for you.

The crystal light (and I’ll bet the popsicles, too) have those garbage artifical flavors in them.

During my V-Diet, I eliminated flavored waters and noticed that they had been depressing my energy levels.

I guess it boils down to this: how much do you want to get out of this process?

Are you looking to make a clear and distinct change, or do you just want to lose a few pounds?

It’s up to you.

Good deal. I will eliminate the artificial stuff then. I am really hoping that this diet helps me break my bad eating habits for good. I am definitely going for the big change with this.

I am halfway through day 3 right now. I can’t say I am actually hungry. The shakes are filling and with a little milled flax seed they stick with you for a while. I have been eating shakes exactly as prescribed and I weigh 264.7 today. Tuesday was a rough day in the gym. We did an hour of hill runs and atomic man makers. By the end I was feeling that lack of carbohydrates. The recovery shake brought me back to life quickly though. I guess 40 grams of sugar helps.

I am already planning out my HSM even though it’s another 4 days away. It is going to be epic. I am thinking salmon with asparagus and some lemon juice.

[quote]nickvise wrote:
We did an hour of hill runs and atomic man makers. [/quote]

Is someone making you do this?

I’d lay off the extra stuff and focus on putting everything into the V-Diet exercise protocol.

Your goal was to lose as much fat as possible without losing any muscle.

A lot of extra stuff could cut into lean mass.

[quote]reactiontm wrote:

[quote]nickvise wrote:
We did an hour of hill runs and atomic man makers. [/quote]

Is someone making you do this?

I’d lay off the extra stuff and focus on putting everything into the V-Diet exercise protocol.

Your goal was to lose as much fat as possible without losing any muscle.

A lot of extra stuff could cut into lean mass. [/quote]

The reason I went on this diet is because I have extra fat to spare. I have recently gotten into fitness competitions that require running and pull ups along with olympic lifting and power lifting. At the last competition I went to, I did well on the the heavy stuff but I got smoked by pull ups and a trail run. My next comp is on April 9th. I am on a training program tailored to these competitions now. I am not trying to change the V-diet but my training is coming from a different source. I am still doing to NEPA once a day but I am also going to be on the workouts from www.combatfitnesstrainingfacility.com 4-5 days a week.

I had my first HSM on Saturday. I was trying to make it to day 7 before I ate solid food. Saturday was day 5 and around 3pm when I finished shake #3 I was at a pretty low point. I started reading about the HSM and, correct me if I’m wrong, but you can have 4 over the 28 days and you are supposed to space them out evenly. I started the diet on Tuesday, and all week I was busy with work so I didn’t have a lot of time to think about how much I wanted food. Saturday I was able to chill out and watch some TV. That is when I started thinking about how much I wanted solid food.

My energy levels were low last week. Weight that would normally be light for me just felt heavy. I couldn’t really catch fire in my workouts like I normally do. I am hoping this feeling has passed now that I am 1 week into the diet. Either way I am sticking with this. All week people have been commenting that I look thinner. That is a great feeling.

One last thing, the vanilla bean protein with a little almond butter is pretty much the best thing ever. Tonight was the first time I tried the vanilla protein and it is awesome.

[quote]nickvise wrote:

[quote]reactiontm wrote:

[quote]nickvise wrote:
Weight that would normally be light for me just felt heavy. I couldn’t really catch fire in my workouts like I normally do.
[/quote]

Can’t serve two masters.

You can try this, but my strength is way off at the moment.

And energy during the course of the diet was hit or miss… mostly miss.

I made a decision that the loss of the useless pounds was more important than anything else I had going at the time.

Just seems to me that you’re chasing two goals that are at the opposite end of a spectrum.