Biotest

V-Diet Starts Today! 39 YO Out of Shape Guy

I have been interested in the V-Diet for some time and today I am finally taking the plunge.

Starting Stats
Weight 200 lbs
Waist 40"
Height 5’10"

Day 1 is complete!

Workout
2 hours of NEPA
1 hour shoveling snow
1 hour on the bike

DB Incline Press
DB Shoulder Press
Leg Press
Leg Extension
Shoulder Press Machine

I have starting pics and will upload them shortly.

[photo]31725[/photo]
[photo]31727[/photo]
[photo]31726[/photo]

Good luck to you sir. Be mindful of not going overboard on the extra activity but I’m sure you’re body will tell you what it can handle on the diet.

[quote]MDCharlton wrote:
Good luck to you sir. Be mindful of not going overboard on the extra activity but I’m sure you’re body will tell you what it can handle on the diet.[/quote]

Thanks! Didnt go too crazy with the exercise. The bike ride was LISS on the recumbent keeping HR at 120 or less.

Day 2
Weight 197.2 (-2.8 lbs)

Off to gym to do some NEPA. Dropped almost 3 lbs the first day. Day one wasn’t too difficult. Hunger levels were average. Im guessing I will shed anywhere from 6-10 lbs the first week from water weight considering the day 1 drop.

Today I plan on consuming 1600 cals.

Just used a date calculator. End of Vdiet will be the following:
Resulting date: Monday, March 21, 2011

Time until Monday, March 21, 2011 (UTC time)
26 days
636 hours
38198 minutes

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=03&day=21&year=2011&hour=&min=&sec=&p0=0

Workout

30 mins on the bike level 7, HR ~110
20 mins walking on the treadmill HR ~120

Any estimates on my current BF%? Thinking around 27-30%.

Welcome aboard.

Are you not using the provided workouts?

Also, I’m a bit confused. You “plan on” consuming X number of calories? Are you not following the V-Diet plan it creates for you?

Ye you shouldn’t be aiming for calories you should be following it how it calculates it for you.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Welcome aboard.

Are you not using the provided workouts?

Also, I’m a bit confused. You “plan on” consuming X number of calories? Are you not following the V-Diet plan it creates for you?

[/quote]

Sorry should have been more clear. 1600 cals is my calculated cals for the day :slight_smile: I said Aiming since I am going to do the set amount of cals and barring any willpower issues I should hit 1600.

Cool. Keep us posted!

Finished up the 3rd shake of the day. Hunger levels are average. Excited to see how my weight changes the first week!

Hoping to drop 20-30 lbs from the program (6 weeks).

Day 3
Weight 194.6 (-5.4 lbs)

Another huge drop from yesterday. 2.6 lbs this time. Dont feel hungry at all this morning. Going to the gym to do the 2nd workout and will follow up with 30 mins of NEPA.

Todays will be 1815 cals.

Back from the gym. Did 10 mins warmup on the bike then Wednesdays Workout.

Followed by 30 mins on the treadmill.

Still sweating… Even after a shower!

No hunger yet. Lets hope it stays that way!

Sub 190 is within my grasp by the time week one is done! A couple more drops like the past 2 days and Ill be there :slight_smile: I know it will slow down but I should break 190 within the next week.

Hunger tip: Saw this somewhere else but figured Id post it. I came home from work and was really hungry. Popped a fiber pill and it immediately help dull the hunger urges.

Fiber is definitely key to keeping hunger down. I have a container of benefiber, I add to every shake. I can’t tell you a measurement, I just wing it. I figure a little extra fiber isn’t going to hurt :wink:

Ya I might pick up a tub of it. You ever get sick from drinking shakes? I find the shakes I put a scoop of peanut butter in go down much easier than the ones without. Any tips on how to make the shakes go down better?

Might pick some up today. Sounds like a good idea.

Do you ever feel ill drinking the shakes? I find the shakes that I put a scoop of NPB in go down easier. Any tips?

I use a big “mixer” shaker. I load it 1/2 with crushed ICE. Very cold helps taste… You can do Vanilla extract, or cinnamon. Some have even recommended use little water… HOLD node and drown the ingrediants as fast as possible then rinse with water…

Personally I am just used to them, althought “yes”, day in and day out does get a little annoying. Does not help all the snacks in the house, but it doesn’t bother me too much. Yesterday, I took wife to pick up some shoes… Bar-B-Que joint next door. OH MAN ist smelled really good. But I was like, Hey HSM Friday night (maybe I’ll come back here thoughts, along with evil grin).

As far as the PB goes. I only have it occationally, for those low energy days. I try to have the PB the night before Heavy lifting, and skip it on days I know I will have light activity.

Day 3 complete! Will see how the weight continues to move tomorrow.

Tonight in my evening shake I added 2 scoops of Natty PB. Made it so much easier to down.

TMI section (skip if you dont want to read)…

I noticed I am still going to the bathroom and doing #2 even when only consuming shakes. When doing low cal, my bowel movements are decreased to once every 2-3 days. Since starting V-diet, I have been regular and going every day.

Thats the FIBER talkin!

Day 4

Had my morning shake and went to work!

Morning weight: 193.8 lbs (-6.2 lbs total, -0.8 from yesterday)

Weight loss is slowing, most of the water must be gone. Still a very nice drop for less than a week. Estimate week 1 will be approximately 8-10 lbs total.

Tonight I will be doing an hour of NEPA. Prob LISS on the elliptical. Couldnt get out of bed this morning to get to the gym.

I found the loss is not a constant thing. Goes in spurts. a jump, a jump, steady, steady, a jump, steady. Certainly is not a “Bell Curve” (least not for me)