Biotest

V-Diet Starting 3-30-09

I am a new mom of a 4 month old boy. I am 20 years old and I am a sophomore in college. I know this diet will be successful because I have a support system. Now I have my husband and an online community! I have never had a support system and my family would always tempt me because they wanted me to fail. Not this time!

I am livid and ready to get this excess body fat off for good! I am never going to let myself put on so much fat during pregnancy. There are no excuses for the way I look and I did this to myself. The “craving” food I ate didn’t help me in the long run, it only deceived me. Now, it is time to take this disgusting fat off-for good!

Here are my measurements(pics to come later today)

Height 5’3"
Weight 200
Neck 14"
Shoulders 47"
Chest-upper 40"
Chest-lower 39"
Waist at naval 49"
Waist at largest 53"
Hips at largest 50"
Upper arm L 15"
Upper arm R 16"
Upper leg L 28"
Upper leg R 27.5"
Lower leg L 15"
Lower leg R 15"
Ankle L 9"
Ankle R 9"

And to think, before I weighed 130…

I don’t know much about this, but are you breast feeding? Maybe talk to your dr/pediatrician to see if if the V-Diet is good for the baby?

I breastfed for 1 month. I was unable to continue. My baby wasn’t getting enough. So, unfortunately I had to stop. Thanks for the concern though!

ok, just checking :oP

we’re here for ya!

“MILF!”

Get ready to hear that soon, New Mommy. The V-Diet will be a great jump-start for you to get back in pre-baby shape… or better!

Keep us posted!

Thanks! I need ALL the support I can get. I just had my first shake and I feel so full I want to vomit. It took me an hour to finally get it all down.

Question: I blended my first shake and it was really thick so I added a lot of water. Do the shakes with flax and superfood and L-leucine have to be blended? I ask because during meal 4 and 5 I will be at work on Wed and Sun. Thanks!

Thanks Chris!

I plan on being better than I was before! I won’t settle anymore on my weight. I want to be healthy and lean and I know I can do it. And I will!

Welcome! The first few days are rough usually so, hang in there…everyone on this forum is SUPER supportive!!!

You don’t have to blend any of your shakes. I personally prefer to take my flax seed separate in a few ounces of water (chased with water) and then drink the shake separate. Any more than two or three big ice cubes will start to make your shakes more like milk shakes…and for me personally, they are a lot easier to get down when runny/watery. You may be experimenting a lot in the first 10 days trying to find what works best for you!

So, I was worried about looking at my pictures and posting them. I look disgusting. I really don’t want anyone to have to look at such horrible photos. I have never owned a bikini in my life and my husband made me buy one. I made a vow to myself that by summertime I will wear this and not be ashamed of how I look like I am now. The picture part of this diet is an extreme wake-up call.

If I knew I looked this bad I would have done something about it sooner. I was just in denial! But with my hard work and dedication the before and after pics will be an amazing transformation. Here goes…

I can’t figure out how to put more than one picture on the same post.

Last one, I promise.

New Mommy, we are all here for you. So glad you decided to do this. You’re so far ahead of the game already just being willing to do something. I wish I only waited 4 months after putting on almost 80 pounds (from 115) during pregnancy. Instead I waited 4 years.

One of the biggest mistakes is waiting, so this is just awesome. Im very interested in your progress. Keep your chin up, go all the way through it and come back here often. The support here will prove invaluable to your success.

Lisa

right on new momma! i started the same day as you. im ready to grind it out!

Thanks Lisa. Its nice knowing there is another mom out there who went through the same thing as me. It is hard having a baby and doing this. But I tell myself if my baby can eat nothing but shakes everyday, then I can haha. I make mine every three hours along with his!

Is it just me or is it really hard to drink all of the shake? I feel so full and it is taking me a long time to chug it down. I am putting it with a lot of water so that may be a reason. I know the first week will be difficult and when I get through it the rest will get easier.

Good luck with the diet. I’m on my first day as well

[quote]New Mommy wrote:
Thanks Lisa. Its nice knowing there is another mom out there who went through the same thing as me. It is hard having a baby and doing this. But I tell myself if my baby can eat nothing but shakes everyday, then I can haha. I make mine every three hours along with his!

Is it just me or is it really hard to drink all of the shake? I feel so full and it is taking me a long time to chug it down. I am putting it with a lot of water so that may be a reason. I know the first week will be difficult and when I get through it the rest will get easier. [/quote]

Heh…yes the first week is haaaaard trying to get all those shakes in. My first shake took me over an hour and I thought…how the heck am I going to do this for a month? But no worries, within a few days you’ll start feeling the hunger. I usually get hungry right around 15 minutes before my next shake is due now. The thinner the better as far as getting them down in less than 10 minutes. For me anyway. Even with all that water. I cant handle them thick. Everybody’s different though.

Day 1 is done!

I feel like I had 2 gallons of water because I had to dilute the shakes so much to chug them. Can’t stomach them thick.

I also felt so full all day and I didn’t finish my last shake of the day all the way. I had all the nut butter, leucine and 2 scoops of protein. After the Surge, I felt very sick. I had a lot of trouble afterwards. Thats why I couldn’t stomach the last 3 scoops of the day. I know I just have to get used to eating this way.

I pushed myself in the workout but could only hold my plank for 20 seconds each time. Pathetic huh? But by the time it was time for the plank, my legs were shaking profusely. Also had to take my baby to the gym. He slept the whole time though! He was very needy today because he is sick. :frowning:

So far, so good. I know tomorrow I will feel my workout.

I was reading the diet over and over and I can’t find the answer(I know I probably overlooked it) but on the V burn challenge is says Sat/Sun. Does that mean both days or one or the other. Also, thats the best time for HSM right?

Already had my sister criticizing the diet. She is in nursing school and thinks she knows everything. But I know I have online support! Thanks everyone!

[quote]New Mommy wrote:
Day 1 is done!

I feel like I had 2 gallons of water because I had to dilute the shakes so much to chug them. Can’t stomach them thick.[/quote]

Neither can I, even a week into it. But thick or thin, you’ll get used to it. I went from trying to put all sorts of stuff into my shakes (spices, sugar free syrups, etc.), but now I just put my protein + whatever else needs to be in it (leucine, Super Food, etc.). It’s automatic (let me remind you that I just finished day 8).

[quote]
I was reading the diet over and over and I can’t find the answer(I know I probably overlooked it) but on the V burn challenge is says Sat/Sun. Does that mean both days or one or the other. Also, thats the best time for HSM right?[/quote]

That’s 1 V-burn challenge per week. I remember Chris saying he preferred doing his V-burn on Saturday and having his HSM on Sunday because it was more convenient, but he said it really doesn’t matter when you do them. I have classes on Mondays and Wednesdays, so my work outs are on Tu/Th/Sa, with my V-burn and HSM on Sunday. Just make that none of your work outs are back-to-back (except for the V-burn, since there are only 7 days in a week!)

[quote]
Already had my sister criticizing the diet. She is in nursing school and thinks she knows everything. But I know I have online support! Thanks everyone![/quote]

That’s just one more person to use as a motivator! It’ll only be a matter of time before she comes up to you and says, “Uh hey sis, you know that diet thing you were on? How can I get on it?”

Good luck!

Nice job plowing through day 1. My first plank holds were only 25 seconds long. I hear you.

Your sister in nursing school is learning wonderful things and she will be able to help a lot of people with that knowledge, so it’s only natural she’s giving you unwarranted advice on something she knows nothing about…in an effort to help. (Im assuming she hasnt even read up on this diet) before making her judgments.

Proud of you for keeping at it even with someone unintentionally trying to drag you through negativity mud.

Day 2 has started off hard as hell!

I took my son to the ER last night at 2am and got home after 4. Running on little sleep so HOT-ROX made me jittery. He has croup. :frowning:

I sure am wanting some solid food. I am really craving chicken or turkey. haha I am looking forward to my HSM.

Thanks for the advice jo3! I just love all the support everyone has for each other!

Lisa, I feel better that someone else was like my plank.

My legs are very, very sore today. I have never lifted weights in my life! They burn to walk. But I know after this first week everything will go by so much smoother!