Biotest

V-Diet Started Today January 2nd, 2009

Started the V-Diet today along with my girlfriend. So far I have had 3 shakes out of 5 and feeling more than satiated and in a exceptionally good mood. Last night I took pictures, but I didn’t have measuring tape or a scale, so my weight was roughly estimated.

Tyler Jackson:
230 lbs
12-13% BF
21 years old

I have all the Biotest products required for a typical V-Diet of a male with the same height and weight, and I am excited to get going and post some positive results at the end of the week, morning of my SHM day.

Side View

whats the stats of your lifts and your height?

Deadlift 495
Bench 350
Squat 465

6 foot 3 inches

Those are the basic bigs…what others are you interested in? I am pretty worried about losing some mass and strength on the diet, but if I can put my pride aside and finally reach a single digit BF%, than I hope to regain the strength with less bodyfat. As a forum wide inquiry, is a major loss of strength/LBM to be expected?

To be honest I am not a fan of any starvation diets.

Although the V-diet is better than most, its still a starvation diet.

I would honestly recommend a more conventional cut in your case, but alot of people would rather try to “get it over with”

Best of luck, I dont think you will lose a SIGNIFIGANT amount of strength.

Ive dieted very hard before and lost a minimal amount of strength, its usually that you cant quite squeeze out that last rep due to lower energy.

Keep lifting heavy but with lower volume, force the body to hold on to that muscle.

[quote]Westclock wrote:
To be honest I am not a fan of any starvation diets.
[/quote]

From the upcoming FAQ:

Q: Isn’t this just a starvation diet?

A: That?s a common question from those who haven’t read much about the Velocity plan, and V-Dieters themselves are sometimes faced with this question from co-workers or family members. Here’s the scoop. The V-Diet:

• Provides 4-6 feedings per day. You’re eating a few hundred calories every 3 hours or so. That’s hardly “starving.”

• Has more calories than most popular and widely accepted clinic diet plans and canned-drink plans advertised on TV.

• Provides over a gram of protein per pound of body weight (except for obese individuals of course.)

• Provides more omega-3s and other healthy fats than the average non-dieter consumes.

• Provides 10g more fiber than the average non-dieter consumes.

Will you be hungry at first? Yes, probably, it’s a fat-loss diet after all. Some willpower is involved. But there is no “starving” or malnourishment.

[quote]TBuck5 wrote:
Deadlift 495
Bench 350
Squat 465

6 foot 3 inches

Those are the basic bigs…what others are you interested in? I am pretty worried about losing some mass and strength on the diet, but if I can put my pride aside and finally reach a single digit BF%, than I hope to regain the strength with less bodyfat. As a forum wide inquiry, is a major loss of strength/LBM to be expected?[/quote]

Done correctly, there is no loss of LBM.

And while I wouldn’t recommend any fat loss diet to someone chasing PRs, many actually report strength gains while on the V-Diet… or at least they feel more “functional” in push-ups, dips, pull-ups etc. where extra body fat is impeding.

Overall, you shouldn’t be concerned with lifting numbers at all right now. This is a radical fat stripping program. How much you lift for one rep, at least for right now, isn’t the point. And even if there were some losses in strength, they’d quickly return after the diet.

Remember, chase two rabbits and both will escape. Your “rabbit” right now is fat loss. Think of car shopping - you’re a speed freak let’s say, and your goal is the fastest street legal car possible. Gas mileage isn’t the goal. You can’t have both… at least at the same time, for now.

You should be fine strength-wise, I’ve done the diet twice and never lost more than a rep or two on some exercises, gained some strength in others.

This diet should work very well for you if the goal is to get into single-digit BF, just stick to it.

[quote]Higgins wrote:
You should be fine strength-wise, I’ve done the diet twice and never lost more than a rep or two on some exercises, gained some strength in others.

This diet should work very well for you if the goal is to get into single-digit BF, just stick to it.[/quote]

I woke up this morning after my first day on the V-Diet. Today is January 3rd, 2009. Waking up was difficult, I had virtually no energy and, after my first shake, the exhaustion was exacerbated. I feel really shitty, and today is my first workout day. Should I use maximal energy in the gym during the workouts and completely tax myself, or should I reduce the intensity just a tad to avoid overtraining? I am assuming Surge Recovery will nullify many of the possibilities of overtraining, but I just want to make sure. Also, thank you for answering all my questions so far, along with all of your support!

I too am on the V-Diet and find it difficult to get out of the bed some mornings. Once I take the two HOT-ROX tablets my mood improves and my wheels start turning. I also take two more around 3:00. Maybe incorporate HOT-ROX into your diet if its not already and you can tolerate the product.

During training, I train as hard as I can and sip on the Surge Recovery drink during my workout. The thought of overtraining actually hasn’t crossed my mind. I’m interested in hearing the response on that.

Good luck to your girlfriend and you.
Jo

Damn, I forgot to list all the Biotest products I’m taking. Metabolic Drive, Flameout, HOT-ROX, Surge Recovery and Alpha Male. HOT-ROX is potent and effective but I’ve only been taking 2/day total thus far, and will up my dosage to the recommended 4/day now that I’ve become fully tolerant of a single dose. I trained today, started slow due to lack of energy but picked it up after my warm-up and trained with max intensity. I felt very good after my workout, especially after drinking Surge Recovery. Again, thanks for the support, Jo!

nice stuff man…I guess we all react differently to the diet…I have not had a hard time getting out of bed for some reason…I am ready to go immediately…just hop out and get going. I am on day 4 and have had one workout and I really maxxed out fine. I too like the Surge…I think it helped a bit during the workout and then afterwards until my next shake was good with hunger. Keep it up!

M

It is nearing the end of Day 8 on the V-Diet and yesterday I had my first SHM. I wouldn’t be lying to you if I were to say that two plain chicken breasts, a pile of broccoli and one medium sized sweet potato wasn’t the most delectable and satisfying thing I have EVER eaten. Holy shit, even after one week of the diet, I am already appreciating the taste of real food. It was unbelievable.

My progress is steady and my body compsition is already vastly improved. I haven’t lost a pound of scale weight, but what I see in the mirror is the beginning of a huge transformation. The results have reignited my desire to finish the diet perfectly. Pictures tommorrow…

it does get better and better…i am on day 13, and i have lost over 6 lbs of fat and gained almost 4 lbs of muscle…the fogginess is gone, and i am starting to crave the shakes and not care that i am not eating solid foods at the moment…i have even upped my dead lift weight in just 2 weeks.

i am glad to see that things are improving for you…how is your girlfriend doing on the program?

Hey man, I just started the V-Diet myself on January 8th. My experiences seem pretty similar to yours so far. I am going to be following you here, so you need to keep yourself dedicated to this diet.

I see you say that some mornings you wake up feeling gassed. I’ve had this, too. Here’s what I do to help myself out with that feeling… I was a swimmer in college, and we had 5am practices everyday. There was no choice, you just had to wake up and go swim no matter how tired (or hungover) you were. Now, on the V-Diet, I just pretend I am back on the team. I pretend that I have to get up; there’s no choice. If I sit there and try to decide if I have the energy to get up or if I should lay there for 5 more minutes, it makes the process of getting up challenging. But, if you just take the decision process away, and if you just hop out of bed and take that NEPA walk because you have to, it gets a little easier. Just pretend that you have to do it, there is no choice.

One thing I have noticed is that some nights I’ll wake up feeling damn hungry. It’ll take me like 30 mins to fall back asleep. You had this happen?

i am glad to see that things are improving for you…how is your girlfriend doing on the program?[/quote]

She is doing well. She didn’t experience the languidity as much as I did, but it was her mood that suffered most. Until we got our HOT-ROX, she was crabby as hell, as was I, but good lord…Anyway, she is doing very well. She has followed everything to a ‘T’ and is very satisfied with her positive results. She has last 5 lbs and looks amazing.