Biotest

V-Diet. Start Date 6/1/16. Round 2.1

Giving the V-Diet another go. Attempted another round in April, but got busy with work and a new girlfriend, so I bombed. :frowning: I lost about 13# on the first 4 week diet round back in January, then lost another 9# down to 200# over Feb-April, but have since gained back to 209#. I have been doing 5/3/1 lately and now on the 3rd cycle, so I’m sticking with this for my weight workouts, but will be doing the daily NEPA walks and the V-Burn Challenge every week. My 45th birthday is on June 29, so it would great to get into a 32 in waist pair of Levi’s for the first time in about 20 years with more lean mass than I’ve ever carried before. I plan to check in here weekly to stay on target. :slight_smile:

Starting Measurements:
Height: 5’10"
Weight: 209 lbs
Neck: 16 in
Shoulders: 50.5 in
Chest: 43.5 in
Waist (one inch above): 37.5 in
Waist (one inch below): 39 in
Waist (at navel): 38.5 in
Hips: 40 in
Biceps: R 16.25 in; L 16 in
Thighs: R 26 in; L 25 in
Calves: R 16 in; L 16 in

Just started today too. First time with this diet. Heard it mentioned in a book by the great Dan John, lol.

Got back into the gym a couple months ago, after several several months off. I’ll see where I’m at in 4 weeks, transition for a couple weeks to higher calories with real meals, and then go into a controlled bulking phase with Mass Made Simple, emphasizing lean muscle gain. My wedding is September 10th, so I wanna look damn good in my tux, lol.

I first heard about the V-Diet in a Dan John article as well. I also have Mass Made Simple book, and I hope to do the program in the fall for a “bulk”. I may try a version incorporating 5/3/1, as I’m really enjoying that program as well. Keep me posted with your progress, maybe we can keep each motivated! I’m already down to 203# (-6#) but I think that’s mostly just coming off my Memorial Day weekend binge on sweets and beer. None of either for 23 more days lol.

I’m a day late with my update. Down to 200# yesterday and about 1inch off all waist measurements. Diet and workouts are on point other than missing 2 NEPA walks.

Again, a day late. Down to 199#. Waist at navel 37.5 in. Will update next week.

Messed up on the weekend. No change.

Blew it again on the weekend, but still was able to lose another pound and fit into those Levi’s lol. Plan on running it again after the Fourth.

Ending Measurements:
Height: 5’10"
Weight: 199 lbs
Neck: 16 in
Shoulders: 50.5 in
Chest: 43.5 in
Waist (one inch above): 37 in
Waist (one inch below): 38.5 in
Waist (at navel): 37.5 in
Hips: 39.5 in
Biceps: R 16.25 in; L 16 in
Thighs: R 26 in; L 25 in