Biotest

V Diet Round 2?

I lost about 25 pounds doing the V Diet. I would still like to get down from my current 200lbs to about 185-190. It has been about a month since I finished my transition phase.
I work out almost every day (weights, kettlebells, HIIT) and am 53 yrs old.
Would you recommend another full round of the V diet or is there another way to get to my goal weight?
p.s. I eat only clean foods and eschew dairy and wheat.
Thanks

Congrats on the 25 pounds loss!

If you found the V-Diet to be convenient and “easy” enough (maybe simple is a better word), then sure, many V-Dieters go back for round two after a few weeks of normal healthy eating.

There are other options though, one being a Pulse Fast style plan. This is a little more advanced, but shares many of the same principles.

Basically, you’d “pulse” or have a serving of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 about every 2-3 hours, then a small HSM at night. As long as that meal is kept in control, this can be as fast as the V-Diet and you get a meal every night which means you can do the plan for an extended period. And if that meals contains good fats and veggies, you may not need fish oil and Superfood, though of course those are good foundations for health.

Thanks for the reply. Would one ever use both MAG-10 and Metabolic Drive throughout the day? Like Metabolic Drive for breakfast and lunch and MAG-10 for other meals, with a final HSM at the end of the day? Or is it necessary to only be doing one or the other?

That would be fine.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Congrats on the 25 pounds loss!

If you found the V-Diet to be convenient and “easy” enough (maybe simple is a better word), then sure, many V-Dieters go back for round two after a few weeks of normal healthy eating.

There are other options though, one being a Pulse Fast style plan. This is a little more advanced, but shares many of the same principles.

Basically, you’d “pulse” or have a serving of <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/MAG-10"target=“new”>MAG-10 about every 2-3 hours, then a small HSM at night. As long as that meal is kept in control, this can be as fast as the V-Diet and you get a meal every night which means you can do the plan for an extended period. And if that meals contains good fats and veggies, you may not need fish oil and Superfood, though of course those are good foundations for health. [/quote]

Don’t mean to steal a thread, but I’m curious as to how long you’d put between doing a V-Diet and then starting up Pulse Fast. Would you recommend going back to back or putting a couple weeks or normal eating in between?

I’d suggest at least a week or so of all HSMs, or mostly. It’s safe to go back to back, but we want to solidify the new taste changes and preferences for healthy foods as well.