Biotest

V-Diet Results and a Question

Results:

24 lbs lost during v diet (65 lbs lost total)
5.5 inches lost around waist.
I am pretty happy with this, I had been stalled out on my diet for many many months and this was definitely the jumpstart i needed. I still, of course, have a long ways to go. Based on my body fat calculations I lost 18 lbs of fat, and the remaining 6 lbs was hopefully mostly water.

Made two alterations to the vdiet:
took 35 gms of fiber daily from psyllium and flax on the advice of my doctor to help lower ldl’s.
Flameout was out of stock so I took 15ml of carlson daily
I used the formula for obese people to calculate my caloric needs.

question:
i have to take a physical in 5 weeks and it is to my advantage if I can lose atleast an additional 11 lbs. I need to ensure that my cholesterol, liver, and kidney tests look good as well. From my reading here it looks like a transition to a very low carb diet like the AD would probably be the safest route to achieve this goal.

But, I just thought I would ask if I missed something and there is a better route i should take?

Transition off of the v-diet slower in hopes you’ll continue to lose more fat. It’s usually not advised to mess with the formula but you have a very distinct goal in mind. Wouldn’t hurt to try.

so what your saying is stay in phase II for say 4 to 5 weeks rather than just 2.
so do 2 weeks of 1 hsm daily
then 2 weeks of 2 hsm daily, etc

what about simply cutting out Surge after 1 or 2 weeks and replacing it with Grow! whey? that alone would probably put me into ketosis.

Do whatever it takes to keep the fat loss going. Within reason of course…

If you have the money, you might consider a 1 week re-feed and then doing another round with the V-Diet so that you finish the 2nd round right before your physical.

great job koffea -
I just figured out my #s and made my shopping list and am starting V Diet on Monday.
May I ask what your starting stats were?
Where did you get the formulas for obese persons?
Thanks

thanks for the feedback. I do appreciate it.

i think ill do this 1st week of phase two and see what my weight loss for the week is. Since I have started doing daily hsm’s my bowel movements have returned and i have a feeling i may already be at my goal weight for the physical or atleast a lot closer than i thought. If not ill cut out the Surge and replace it with whey.

unfortunately, right now I cant afford another v diet redo. this was a considerable sacrifice for my family as I spent for myself in food, the same amount that I feed my entire family on for the month (wife, kid and myself).

starting stats:
33% body fat
ending stats:
28% body fat

the equation for obese people was discussed in shugarts hammer concerning the v diet. I cant find it so ill just type it in here:

cals for workout day=(10.2bodyweight+879)0.60.8
cals for recovery day=(10.2
bodyweight+879)0.50.8
hopefully that is right :slight_smile:

just as a warning, shug was never really clear in my oppinion on when you should use this versus the regular formula. I figured since I was in the obese category it was appropriate for me to use it. I would have waited for the book if I had more time.
good luck

Here’s the link for anyone looking for the above formula and others…

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2125931

[quote]koffea wrote:

just as a warning, shug was never really clear in my oppinion on when you should use this versus the regular formula. I figured since I was in the obese category it was appropriate for me to use it. I would have waited for the book if I had more time.
good luck

[/quote]

I Need to Lose Over 35 Total Pounds

I think the paragraph heading above makes clear Shugs point…

well in fairness to me - i wrote that post before Shug wrote that clarification :wink:

[quote]koffea wrote:
well in fairness to me - i wrote that post before Shug wrote that clarification ;)[/quote]

No worries brother…
I wasnt taking a stab at you…
I was just posting info for others…
My appologies I sounded like a %$@*…

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.