Biotest

V-diet Questions

Hi all,

Well I’ve been on the V-diet for 3 weeks now. It is a bit improvised shake wise. I couldn’t get the sups needed in the Netherlands and gotten the best replacements possible. Still the results are damn good.

Week 1 was hard, week 2 was hell…but when I got through that massive dip it was smooth sailing. A walk in the park even.

But I’ve been cutting for a long long time now. I wasn’t bulking, but flat out obese. But the last few % of bodyfat are tough so thats why I choose for this sledgehammer program. A last means before giving up and being content with the results so far. But the results have been great and now I’m in the last week of the V-diet.

Several people said that at this rate I’d have a 6pack in 4-5 weeks. This motivates to get going. a 6pack instead of a beertender is like a dream to a guy like me.

So my qeustion is actually simple. Can I keep the v-diet going for another 5 weeks or do you have to start the transition fase after 28days for health reasons unknown to me?

[quote]Falstyr wrote:
Hi all,

Well I’ve been on the V-diet for 3 weeks now. It is a bit improvised shake wise. I couldn’t get the sups needed in the Netherlands and gotten the best replacements possible. Still the results are damn good.

Week 1 was hard, week 2 was hell…but when I got through that massive dip it was smooth sailing. A walk in the park even.

But I’ve been cutting for a long long time now. I wasn’t bulking, but flat out obese. But the last few % of bodyfat are tough so thats why I choose for this sledgehammer program. A last means before giving up and being content with the results so far. But the results have been great and now I’m in the last week of the V-diet.

Several people said that at this rate I’d have a 6pack in 4-5 weeks. This motivates to get going. a 6pack instead of a beertender is like a dream to a guy like me.

So my qeustion is actually simple. Can I keep the v-diet going for another 5 weeks or do you have to start the transition fase after 28days for health reasons unknown to me?[/quote]

I say transition out and get your metabolism running on a bit higher calorie count for a couple of weeks, then you are ready for doing it again (or not).

I am actually myself tomorrow starting week 2 on my second V-Diet in a row…I must say week 1 was quite tough this time, maybe I should have waited a bit later for starting round two, so in retrospect I can say that you might want to wait a couple more weeks than I did (transitioned out 2 weeks and then 1 week carbing a bit up and resting).

Well my original idea was to phase out in a time span of 6 weeks. 1 solid meal a week. So theoretically there should be enough burning fat in that time as well.

Or what would be a better way?

It is very tempting to finish the next week, then add 2 more, then try and get the remaining % while transitioning out.

[quote]Falstyr wrote:
Well my original idea was to phase out in a time span of 6 weeks. 1 solid meal a week. So theoretically there should be enough burning fat in that time as well.

Or what would be a better way?[/quote]

A better way is to do it as intended; 4 + 2 weeks.

The secret is not in the liquid food you know, count the calories instead when transitioning out…that way you have the 6 weeks.

Ok. Thank you for the feed-back. It is difficult to stay down to earth. I’m so damn close to the finish line…

Also what does “Counting Calories” mean?

[quote]Falstyr wrote:
Ok. Thank you for the feed-back. It is difficult to stay down to earth. I’m so damn close to the finish line…

Also what does “Counting Calories” mean?[/quote]

I hope you calculated your daily energy need when you started. You then divided that up into approx 5 shakes. Now when transitioning you might want to select solid meals that gives roughly the same amount of energy that was in one of your shakes…You need to count the calories (=energy in food) of your solid food intake to achieve that.

Ah ok.
My plan was to get rid of the breakfast shake and put it in what I usually take. It would also increase my kcal by 200 which would be good.