Biotest

V-Diet Questions

1. Is it right for me?

Male
5’10"
170 lbs
BF 16% (according to Withings scale on non-athlete mode)

I’ll try to post some photos later today. Body fat mostly collects around the mid section. I know you’re shocked.

Primary Goal: Lower BF %

Started lifting weights about two years ago. Started with Cressey’s Max Str, screwed around for a while, then did Cressey’s Show and Go, screwed around for a while, then did NROL for Abs. Now, I just make sure to get in some kind of lifting at least 2x a week so I don’t lose everything, but it’s not focused.

Currently swimming sprints in the pool 2 or 3 times a week, followed by low rep, high weight big lifts (deads, squats, overhead press, bench) and a bunch of other stuff (calf raises, ab work, dips, pull ups, push ups, etc)

Been playing Ultimate frisbee for about three years now. If you are unfamiliar, it requires explosiveness and a truck load of agility.

Best gains were during Max Str. Did that with 2x / week tabatas on the stationary bike. I became noticeably more athletic in every dimension of fitness, dropped a bunch of weight very slowly, and felt incredible. Made me a very firm believer in tabatas. Thank you very much beginner effect.

Seen some small str gains over time since beginner phase, but not much change other than that. Probably regained a few pounds due to high stress, exercise program being all over the place, and over eating.

I have no problem going to the gym, although I would benefit from a more focused program.

My biggest issue has always been nutrition. I eat enough good stuff (greens, lean meat, healthy fats, fruit) but I tend to eat everything. I’m the guy in my group of friends everyone gives their leftovers too and I clean other people’s plates. I suspect it’s because I don’t chew my food much, so I eat like a vacuum. I like veggies, fruits, and all the good stuff, but again, I consider it primarily an issue of quantity. I also really like grains, breads, brown rice, cereal, etc - I get the impression that stuff causes problems.

So, what’s V-Diet going to do for me? Eat less and like junk food less?

1. If I keep playing Ultimate 3x a week, is it still V-Diet and what’s that going to do to me? Should I be having a Surge after each time I play? Do I need to add any calories on game days?

Games are generally ~90 minutes with subs, so it’s probably the vague equivalent of ~40 minutes of soccer or basketball. Lots of running, lots of changing direction, hopefully panting when I take a sub.

1. If I ease into the program by slowly replacing meals with shakes over the course of a week or two, is that going to matter? Is the sudden radical change important?

2. Would there be a benefit to using BCAA over just Leucine?

Thanks for any input.

[quote]Benson.Joshua wrote:

1. Is it right for me?

Male
5’10"
170 lbs
BF 16% (according to Withings scale on non-athlete mode)

I’ll try to post some photos later today. Body fat mostly collects around the mid section. I know you’re shocked.

Primary Goal: Lower BF %

Started lifting weights about two years ago. Started with Cressey’s Max Str, screwed around for a while, then did Cressey’s Show and Go, screwed around for a while, then did NROL for Abs. Now, I just make sure to get in some kind of lifting at least 2x a week so I don’t lose everything, but it’s not focused.

Currently swimming sprints in the pool 2 or 3 times a week, followed by low rep, high weight big lifts (deads, squats, overhead press, bench) and a bunch of other stuff (calf raises, ab work, dips, pull ups, push ups, etc)

Been playing Ultimate frisbee for about three years now. If you are unfamiliar, it requires explosiveness and a truck load of agility.

Best gains were during Max Str. Did that with 2x / week tabatas on the stationary bike. I became noticeably more athletic in every dimension of fitness, dropped a bunch of weight very slowly, and felt incredible. Made me a very firm believer in tabatas. Thank you very much beginner effect.

Seen some small str gains over time since beginner phase, but not much change other than that. Probably regained a few pounds due to high stress, exercise program being all over the place, and over eating.

I have no problem going to the gym, although I would benefit from a more focused program.

My biggest issue has always been nutrition. I eat enough good stuff (greens, lean meat, healthy fats, fruit) but I tend to eat everything. I’m the guy in my group of friends everyone gives their leftovers too and I clean other people’s plates. I suspect it’s because I don’t chew my food much, so I eat like a vacuum. I like veggies, fruits, and all the good stuff, but again, I consider it primarily an issue of quantity. I also really like grains, breads, brown rice, cereal, etc - I get the impression that stuff causes problems.

So, what’s V-Diet going to do for me? Eat less and like junk food less?

1. If I keep playing Ultimate 3x a week, is it still V-Diet and what’s that going to do to me? Should I be having a Surge after each time I play? Do I need to add any calories on game days?

Games are generally ~90 minutes with subs, so it’s probably the vague equivalent of ~40 minutes of soccer or basketball. Lots of running, lots of changing direction, hopefully panting when I take a sub.

1. If I ease into the program by slowly replacing meals with shakes over the course of a week or two, is that going to matter? Is the sudden radical change important?

2. Would there be a benefit to using BCAA over just Leucine?

Thanks for any input.

[/quote]

1. The v-diet will break the grain habit and make you not crave them.

2. Surge is only for after weight lifting. You MIGHT need 1 extra scoop of lowcarb MD on game days. MIGHT, notice the caps.

3. It’s best to jump all in and do it.

4. Not really- but Leucine is out of stock right now so you could use Biotest BCAAs. They are really just for muscle insurance which isn’t really needed and infact it wasn’t in the V-Diet 1.0