Biotest

V-Diet Questions Before I Start

Hey Chris,

Some guy in my Physics class introduced me to T-Nation and was really intrigued with the Velocity diet. I’m trying hard to lean out and still have some belly fat that won’t go away. I really want to start the diet but before I do, I just have some questions. I’m super detailed orientated and want to make sure if I do this, I follow it to a T. So here are my questions…

1. Does the water have to be cold when I drink it? I usually carry around a 1 gallon jug of water around and it doesn’t stay cold all day. And am I able to drink 1 gallon of water a day or should I hold off until it’s specified?

2. I’m taking multi-vitamin, creatine monohydrate, glutamine, kre-alcaline, and amino acids. While on the Velocity diet, should I stop taking all of these?

3. I workout usually 6AM, so do I drink the recovery drink after that and then wait a couple hours and drink the morning shake? Also, should I not drink anything before I work out?

4. Do I take the supplements as I’m drinking the shake or separate with a glass of cold water?

I think that’s it for now. Thanks!

1. You’ll be drinking a ton of water just mixing the shakes. Drink more if you’d like. Cold icy shakes blended tastes best.

2. You won’t need a multi when using Superfood. And you won’t need aminos since Surge is full of them. The rest is fine.

3. Don’t train in a fasted state. Weight training isn’t very effective fasted, and fat loss is actually slower. You need a shake first, then train, then Surge. Ideally.

4. Doesn’t matter really.

Sweet. Thanks for replying so quickly.

Since I drink apple juice with my creatine, would that be okay too?

That’s good to know about training on an empty stomach. I always thought it would be better, or at least I hear doing cardio would be better right in the morning. I drink half a protein shake and half of apple juice/creatine pre-workout then for post, I drink the rest and have 1 cup of oatmeal.

I’m looking forward to doing this diet.

[quote]Fusion4g63 wrote:
Sweet. Thanks for replying so quickly.

Since I drink apple juice with my creatine, would that be okay too?

That’s good to know about training on an empty stomach. I always thought it would be better, or at least I hear doing cardio would be better right in the morning. I drink half a protein shake and half of apple juice/creatine pre-workout then for post, I drink the rest and have 1 cup of oatmeal.

I’m looking forward to doing this diet.[/quote]

NO you can not drink apple juice while on the V-diet. In fact you shouldn’t drink any apple juice period regardless of your diet, its too concentrated a carb source and most defiantly not within the v-diet okay zone.

That stuff will jack your insulin like a coke would.

Cool. Thanks for the tip bro.

Another question for you Chris,

In 3 weeks, I’ll be going on a 3 week mission trip across country to indianapolis where I’ll have no access to weights and it might be hard to prepare all my shakes.

Should I just wait to start the v-diet after I get back? I already ordered the supplies and they’re just sitting here. And if I do start, could I do push ups, pull ups or anything with my own body weight to substitute weights?

Thanks!

It’s probably best to wait until you can give it 100%.

But training and shakes can be done on the road. It just takes planning and a firm decision to G.S.D. (Get Shit Done).

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
3. Don’t train in a fasted state. Weight training isn’t very effective fasted, and fat loss is actually slower. You need a shake first, then train, then Surge. Ideally. [/quote]

I also workout early in the morning. I have been drinking 1/3 of the Surge I mix for the workout about 20 minutes before the workout, then I sip another 1/3 during the workout, and the final 1/3 after the workout. Then I do about 20 min in the sauna, take a shower, and have my first shake of the day, which ends up being about 45 min after I finish my workout.

Not good?

That’s much better than fastest, criex.