Biotest

V-Diet Question

First of all, let me say, this site is the best. Came across it about 5 months ago when I was looking to buy some good protein powder. Started reading all the articles and diet stories and got hooked. I was never into cardio as a sole means of losing weight anyhow. Fast forward to today-I’m currently on the 4th day of the V-Diet (sick and tired of saying I used to be skinny).

Now, maybe I glossed over this topic or I didn’t notice in my hasty reading, but are loose, oily stools normal after the 3rd day, or at all even? I’m seriously concerned so please, no snide or snippy remarks (I have read the forums on this website). Chris, I don’t think I did anything wrong in my calculations. I’m 210, 5’8", 42" waist (the tape doesn’t lie, unfortunately). I’m taking 1 serving of Flameout, 2 servings of flax a day, 1 serving of natural organic peanut butter, 3 fiber choice tabs (I’ve been using chocolate Metabolic Drive) and 1 serving of HRX. My calorie totals are 1510 and 1830. I’m eating about 26 grams of fiber a day.

I wasn’t expecting to have loose stools with that much fiber. If I’m just being paranoid, please tell me. This is one of the hardest diets I’ve ever done, but if it was easy, everyone would do it. Thanks.

jlunstrum,

Welcome to the loose stools! I think most everyone experiences this. I have for sure, but I am lactose intolerate, which doesn’t help. I guess for me I rather have my stools this way, then the other way!

Good luck and hang tough!

fitnesslady

Actually, it’s quite rare. And some people go the other direction: constipation. But again, both cases are rare.

Any radical change in diet can cause a change in bathroom habits - one way or the other. Usually the person adjusts in a few days. Sometimes they need to back off the flax seeds for a few days. Much depends on their diet and fiber intake before the diet.

But again, it’s rare.

One note: Make sure you’re using low carb and not Complete MD. Complete is great stuff, but it has too much fiber for the V-Diet.

Other than that, and perhaps temporarily reducing the flax seed, I bet you’ll adjust soon.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Actually, it’s quite rare. And some people go the other direction: constipation. But again, both cases are rare.

Any radical change in diet can cause a change in bathroom habits - one way or the other. Usually the person adjusts in a few days. Sometimes they need to back off the flax seeds for a few days. Much depends on their diet and fiber intake before the diet.

But again, it’s rare.

One note: Make sure you’re using low carb and not Complete MD. Complete is great stuff, but it has too much fiber for the V-Diet.

Other than that, and perhaps temporarily reducing the flax seed, I bet you’ll adjust soon.

[/quote]

Thanks, Chris. That is reassuring. Like I said, I’ve never done any kind of shake diet before, let alone one that had the capacity to provide the RDA of fiber. It’s funny actually, now I’m having a hard time downing 5 shakes in a day because they leave me so freaking full!! I told my wife that I thought I was going to have a hard time with only 5 shakes because I can eat a lot (42 waist), but apparently that’s not the case. 3 more days left in the first week and feeling optimistic about the weigh in/measurements and hungry for those grass-fed steaks and broccoli on sunday!