Biotest

V-Diet/Pulse Fast

Hey Chris,
I"m thinking I’m going to run a 3 week V-Diet/Pulse Fast setup in a few weeks and want to get all my ducks in a row so I can make sure I’m good to go.

I’m thinking 5 regular V-Diet days a week with 2 Pulse Fast days on off days. 5 pulses spread throughout the day. I know you said you had good results with a setup like that, my question is did you experiment with any different types of training or changing the frequency of training? I’m currently doing 4 workouts a week (also by Waterbury) 2 weight sessions and 2 sprint sessions so I think moving to 3 weight sessions might be for the best anyway. I think I’ll be using Anaconda instead of Surge Recovery as that’s what I have now, if I do run out would it be worth it to give Plazma a try? Either way I will do a single MAG-10 Pulse after training.

My other question is about the HOT-ROX, I’m not using any now, what do you think about starting now for a few weeks leading in to the diet, or better off to to save it, then maybe keep it going for a bit after I finish the diet? I think Caffeine Free Brain Candy will also be my friend here.

Thanks Chris if you have any other thoughts let me know, or any other vets for that matter.
Cheers

I’m interested in Chris’s reply as well, especially on the HOT-ROX question as I will be starting mine on Monday. I’ve done this once before and was pleased with the results. I plan on doing the beginner workout for two weeks (although I’m using far heavier then beginner weights and have substituted barbell exercises for the dumbbell ones) and then going 5 days a week after the two week diet is over.

[quote]nateschmidt24 wrote:
Hey Chris,
I"m thinking I’m going to run a 3 week V-Diet/Pulse Fast setup in a few weeks and want to get all my ducks in a row so I can make sure I’m good to go.

I’m thinking 5 regular V-Diet days a week with 2 Pulse Fast days on off days. 5 pulses spread throughout the day. I know you said you had good results with a setup like that, my question is did you experiment with any different types of training or changing the frequency of training? I’m currently doing 4 workouts a week (also by Waterbury) 2 weight sessions and 2 sprint sessions so I think moving to 3 weight sessions might be for the best anyway. I think I’ll be using Anaconda instead of Surge Recovery as that’s what I have now, if I do run out would it be worth it to give Plazma a try? Either way I will do a single MAG-10 Pulse after training.

My other question is about the HOT-ROX, I’m not using any now, what do you think about starting now for a few weeks leading in to the diet, or better off to to save it, then maybe keep it going for a bit after I finish the diet? I think Caffeine Free Brain Candy will also be my friend here.

Thanks Chris if you have any other thoughts let me know, or any other vets for that matter.
Cheers[/quote]

Nate, that sounds like a good plan. Keep in mind I’m just experimenting for now, but I’ve tried a couple of variations with good results, and a few other experienced V-Dieters have tried this basic protocol too. I think they have logs here and reported some pretty amazing results.

A few things, and you’re welcomed to tweak these as you feel necessary. I’d be interested in your feedback.

1. For pulse-only days, I felt a big difference going from 5 to 6 MAG-10 pulses per day. 6 puts you pulsing about every 2 hours, not counting the weight-training workout period where you should use a good peri-workout supplement. I typically had 2 servings of Plazma, one 20 minutes before lifting and the other during. May next pulse of MAG-10 came about an 45-60 minutes after the session ended.

2. I train 6 days a week, and have been doing that during my experiments so far. The 7th day was either off or conditioning-only (15 minutes of KB swings, abs, and/or battle ropes, then I walked for 20-30 minutes.) My normal conditioning is 10 minutes of the same after weight training, but every day (NOT after leg day; I was also gassed from Dead-Squats.)

3. I did reduce volume a little with the weights. For example, a chest/back workout was only Thibaudeau’s pinned bench presses and Ben Bruno’s rack pulls: two exercises and done. But I worked my way up to heavy singles or doubles most days. Workouts seldom went over 45 minutes.

4. Anaconda would be great if you have it on hand. It’s better for this plan than SWF, and Plazma is better still. Two servings of Plazma is plenty since you’re reducing training volume and not in there over an hour.

5. HOT-ROX: I’m not using it for any of these experiments. Honestly, being on Indigo-3G “cured” me of many of my former-fat-boy issues, like poor nutrient update, bad nutrient repartitioning, and generally messed up fat cells. I’ve haven’t needed a dedicated fat burner since. But my guidelines for HOT-ROX for an experienced guy or gal would be to use it only when it’s needed: as you said, toward the end of a fat loss plan to give you that extra edge and to insure the fat-burning keeps going. The diet and training themselves will torch fat all on their own, so toss in HOT-ROX when you’re very close to your goal to “bring it home.”

6. I do like Brain Candy in the AM, empty stomach. I used the caffeinated version since I’m not on a stimulating fat burner.

Hope this helps, and keep us posted!

Thanks Chris, I have been doing sort of a pulse feast type of plan now 4 pulses a day plus dinner, and a lunch on my training days, maybe I’d be better off cutting lunch and adding in another pulse during the day. And perhaps upping the training frequency and adding finibars and Indigo back to the mix instead.

I’ll be honest I feel like I’ve been eating and training for fat loss for so long and still aren’t even close to where I should be. What I like about the V-Diet or some kind of all-shake plan is there is no guess work, you just put your head down and f*ing go after it.

If I get some current pics up CS do you mind taking a look and offering me some advice? Outsider pro eyes might be what I need.

You bet. Place the pics in your log or here if you’d like and I’d be glad to take a look. I’m a big believer in the “outside eyes” concept.

Hey CS, I’ll edit this post and add my pics for you tomorrow hopefully but wanted to run a supp/training idea past you and then when I get the pics up maybe add a tweak and hopefully I can get CT to chime in too. I generally work afternoons with mid morning training so I was thinking of trying your current plan while using 6 weeks to superhero with a lat/bicep day added in.

Fini/MAG-10 1 hour pre training
IG3 and 1 Plazma 20 min pre training
1 Plazma during training
Fini/MAG-10 post training - not sure on timing here
MAG-10
MAG-10
Dinner
MAG-10 before bed

If I ended up having a late dinner I’d move the bed time pulse into the afternoon so I"m covered about every 2 hours and then just have some MD or something pre-bed. I’d probably do Superfood most dinners too.

This is kinda what I do now except no Finibars or pre-workout MAG-10, ig3 and using Anaconda, plus a lunch on training days. I figure add the calories I would have at lunch in the form of the fini’s and plazma will save time and will help with the muscle building and fat loss.

Sooooo… hard to critique without the pics but once I get those up I could use some advice on the macro’s for the evening meal too but like I said I’ll get those up tomorrow, just had some time now and figured I get this down.

1. It’s okay to take the Finibar/MAG-10 combo 10 minutes after training, assuming like most of us you actually finish your Plazma sometime before the end of the workout. So in reality, it’s probably more like 30 minutes after you finish the last Plazma. If you want to add some time there that’s fine too.

2. Looks good overall, and I like the built-in flexibility. I’d be glad to help you adjust the solid meal to fit your goals. Pics would help too, so if you can get those up that would be great.

[photo]38619[/photo]

[photo]38620[/photo]

[photo]38621[/photo]

[photo]38622[/photo]

[photo]38623[/photo]

Here’s my photos, I think the lens on the camera added some weird perspective but you get the idea.

Thanks for the getting the pics up!

Now, before I give you some ideas, remember that “a calorie isn’t a calorie” and a “carb isn’t a carb” when it comes to how they affect your physique, and the carbs in MAG-10 for example are thermic in nature, leading to fat loss rather than storage as a carb from a bread or sugar source could for example.

With that in mind, and just to get our heads around it, your plan without dinner would give roughly 1660 calories and just over 200g carbs. So, just to keep dinner in check you could shoot for around 400 calories and keep the carbs lowish. This would trend you into fat loss mode without affecting performance in the gym and without halting muscle gains. In fact, it would pretty easy to keep muscle gains going because your workout will be “protected” with Plazma and bookended with Finibar and MAG-10, keeping you anabolic and ready to built in that time frame.

The guidelines for your whole food meal will be: lean protein, as many clean veggies as you’d like, a small amount of starch from something like a sweet potato or a handful of rice, and some good fats like raw olive oil or coconut oil for cooking. I think you already do this, but just in case: nothing containing wheat and no milk (except unsweet almond milk.)

This is a place to start at least.

Based on the pics, I’d like to see you measuring the torso and waist at 3 locations: a couple of inches above the belly button, at the belly button, and an inch or two below it, wherever you think it’s biggest. Pull your waistband down low when measuring with the tape measure so it doesn’t push anything around in the wrong place. Measure in the AM upon waking and before you eat or drink anything to establish a baseline. Measure once every two weeks or so.

To watch progress, we’ll see how those areas start to decrease while “eyeballing” other others like chest, back, delts, and arms for muscle growth or increased definition.

One more area to measure: a couple of inches below the pecs in the upper abs area. This is actually where most males see fat loss first in their torsos.

Brilliant, thanks CS! What I was thinking was chicken or fish, I would add some fats olive or coconut oil, or beef without the added fats, then pre-bed a 2 scoop low carb MD shake with superfood and a few nuts.

Looks good.

I’d still add some solid veggies in there, just for the fiber and satiating effects.

Here’s a pic of my solid meal from the other day BTW. Pork chops with lots of veggies, all cooked in a foil bag at once. Easy and tasty.

I’ll be officially starting this next week, but using 3 scoops Anaconda instead of Plazma, and no Indigo for the first few days since it won’t arrive right away damn employers only wanting to pay me every 2 weeks :wink: but finibars are set to arrive tomorrow. I’ll resurrect my old Indigo Log once I get in the swing of things. Thanks again CS

Keep us posted!