Biotest

V-Diet Post Pregnancy

I just stopped breastfeeding and I was one of those lucky women that the weight didn’t fall off while nursing. So, here I am … 20 lbs overweight with summer right around the corner (or here already since I live in Florida). Today is Day One. I was going to have tomorrow be Day One, but I figured I didn’t need to stuff my face with my older daughter’s Easter candy.

This is V-Diet number three for me. The last one was three years ago and I lost 18lbs and kept ALL of it off until daughter number two came along :slight_smile:

The V-Diet has grown up in the last few years! I was pleasantly surprised to see the new additions and easy calculator.

I’m not brave enough to post pictures, but I did take them to have as motivation. At the end of the diet we’ll see how brave I feel.

I’ve loved having everyone’s diet logs and have been reading them in preparation for my own V-Diet adventure.

Wish me luck :slight_smile:

My last post didn’t have any of my stats b/c I kind of just wanted to make it public that today was Day One.

My least favorite shakes were the two with flax and superfood. I did both with vanilla and I think I need to order some strawberry. My favorite shake of the day was coffee with vanilla. Very frappacino - ey without the sugar and fat :slight_smile: My last shake of the day is going to be chocolate with pb.

I am 5’ tall and currently a pretty pudgy 162 lbs

bust 34"
arms 121/2"
waist 36"
hips 41"
thighs 24 1/2"

I did measure each side, but the measurements were so close I’m just going to be measuring my right side from here on out. I also have a pair of pants I’m going to be trying on weekly.

My goal is to eventually be between 120 and 125. I’m thinking I might have to do the v diet, transition, wait 4 weeks and do the v diet again. I am hoping to be at my goal before my daughters first birthday ( August 20 th ).

And , clearly, my statement that I was 20 lbs overweight was a little off. I should have said 40. I think I meant I was hoping to lose 20 this first V-Diet.

Can this be my before picture??? LOL

Day two :slight_smile:

Took my HR first thing … Still only doing one each time. I was pretty wired last night and I took my second HR at 1 in the afternoon. Going to give my body a chance to get used to it before I bump it up to 2 at a time.

Got my 2nd grader on the bus and then did my NEPA walk on the treadmill while my 8 month old bounced in her jumperoo.

First shake of the day was chocolate w/ superfood and flax. Much better than with vanilla.

It’s still early (in the day and the diet) but I’m feeling good. Even with having to get up twice last night with the baby and going to bed later than usual last night I felt really good this morning. HOT-ROX effect maybe? Whatever it is I’ll take it.

Hey and welcome!

One of my first shakes was vanilla + flaxseed and it was gross lol. Now I rather like it; though my fav is still strawberry + flaxseed. :slight_smile:

I had trouble taking the HR in the afternoon as well…kept me wired at night and not sleeping well. I never did get to increase to 2 doses twice a day. Instead I alternate between 2 and 3 per day (1 or 2 in the am, 1 in the pm). More than that and I felt shaky and sick.

Glad to hear things are going well! Keep us posted.

I’m curious how the V-diet has changed since you last did it? This is my first time.

I’m ordering strawberry and orange Metabolic Drive later this week for sure. I had a little brain fart and ordered 5 tubs of chocolate and 3 of vanilla. I’m blaming sleep deprivation on that one … My daughter was teething (and not sleeping) the week I made my order.

My first V-Diet was in 2007 and then I did it again in 2008. The one in 2007 I did RIGHT before a trip to Vegas. Not a smart choice. My 2008 V-Diet was very successful. I lost 18 lbs and really changed a lot of my eating habits until my latest pregnancy. I gained ALOT of weight with my last pregnancy.

Part of it I blame on a PCS (my husbands in the air force) and a part of it had to do with it being a high risk pregnancy where I wasn’t allowed to do more than a daily ‘easy’ walk. No lifting, etc. Oh, and I ate a ridiculous amount of food. Mostly healthy, but a lot of crap too.

But I digress … So, biggest differences? Superfood for one. That wasn’t a part of the diet before. Also, the leucine, that’s new. We didn’t have the handy dandy V-Diet calculator that’s available now. So I had to do the calories/shakes calculations on my own. I think I also had to figure out how many tubs of protein I needed to order (which I figured incorrectly and had to do a mid diet re order).

There wasn’t a specific ‘meal plan’ as far as the timing of the flax … Or at least I did it differently before. I actually had my pb and flax as part of my last shake … There were a few times I made a shake and ate the pb and flax separately (by dipping a spoonful of pb into the flax). Weird. I also really wish I had done a diet log my last V-Diets too.

Basically I feel like I did the V-Diet when it was a baby and now it’s all grown up :slight_smile:

You’re going to be a V-Diet pro after this one. I’m impressed that you lost so much and kept it all off the first time around. That’s inspiring. Great job! I’m looking forward to following your progress!

18 lbs is impressive! Look forward to seeing how you do this time around!

[quote]daiseypep wrote:
I’m ordering strawberry and orange Metabolic Drive later this week for sure. [/quote]

Hopefully I’m not bursting your bubble, but there isn’t an orange Metabolic Drive available on the website. There are the flavors you mentioned and Banana. If you have a special source for an orange flavor, I would love to get it from you.

[quote]hockeydawg wrote:

[quote]daiseypep wrote:
I’m ordering strawberry and orange Metabolic Drive later this week for sure. [/quote]

Hopefully I’m not bursting your bubble, but there isn’t an orange Metabolic Drive available on the website. There are the flavors you mentioned and Banana. If you have a special source for an orange flavor, I would love to get it from you. [/quote]

You totally bursted my bubble. Apparently my special source for orange protein is my time machine that’s going to take me back to 2008 or whenever it used to be available. I guess that explains why I didn’t order any last week.

I’m excited to see what happens this time around too. This is the heaviest I’ve ever been (aside from when I actually had a baby in my body) and I’m SO ready to get back to “normal”. I’m also only five days out from stopping breastfeeding so I’m hoping once my hormone levels get back to normal that will help with the weight loss too.

I have turned into a restaurant. Tuna casserole for our 7 year old and chicken w/mushroom risotto for husby. Meanwhile I sipped on my chocolate/superfood/flax shake. Everything looked at smelled good, but I wasn’t tempted to taste anything. We’ll see how long this phenomenon lasts.

Even though I’m still cooking and taking care of everyone else I feel like I have more time on my hands. Time spent trolling V-Diet logs and Ask Chris questions.

It took me forever to finish my lunch shake so I ended up skipping my one scoop shake. I’m pretty sure this is allowed in the ‘wiggle room’. I’m going to try not to make a habit out of it, but I haven’t felt hungry at all yet.

Good Morning Day 3!

Same, same. Doing good. Feeling good. Slept good ( the baby only woke up once last night … yay!).

Sunshine and rainbows.

I feel lighter and really want to hop on the scale, but I’m holding out until Saturday morning.

Hope everyone else is having a great morning :slight_smile:

haha, the scale is harder to resist every day than food!

[quote]matthew_gray wrote:
haha, the scale is harder to resist every day than food![/quote]

Ain’t that the truth :slight_smile:

Damn you, HOT-ROX. I took my second HR too late yesterday. I’ve been taking it around 1 in the afternoon, but didn’t take it until a little after 2. I had a little hesitation, but I figured being up a little later than usual was a fair trade off for not taking the second dose of the day. Yeah, not so much. I was WIRED last night. And a little loopy. I did eventually fall asleep, but I had a hard time getting up this morning. Just took my first HR of the day and I’m hoping that kicks my ass into gear. Going to go get my NEPA in.

I’m thinking that since I’m still only taking one HR at a time I’m going to take them closer together and avoid this whole “wide awake at midnight” thing I have going on. So … one around 7 am and another one around 11. Any thoughts?

Happy Wednesday :slight_smile:

[quote]daiseypep wrote:

I’m thinking that since I’m still only taking one HR at a time I’m going to take them closer together and avoid this whole “wide awake at midnight” thing I have going on. So … one around 7 am and another one around 11. Any thoughts?

Happy Wednesday :)[/quote]
Yep, this is exactly what I did because I had trouble sleeping too.

I cheated. Nope, I didn’t eat any solid food … I weighed myself. Sorry, Chris.

Morning of Day 4 and I’m down 5 lbs.

I know the scale is just a small part of the picture, but I know I can’t reach my goals until that number is in a certain range. And it feels good. Water weight or not, I’m super excited!

Can’t believe it’s already Day 5! I really thought the first few days were going to be the toughest. Maybe next week is going to kick my ass? Feeling good. A little mental fogginess … From the low carb/low sugar? Not a big deal. I spent most of my time with an 8 month old and she doesn’t care how much sense I make. Still working on timing the HOT-ROX right. i have more energy late night than I really need. I can’t imagine I’m ever going to work up to 2 pills at a time. I wonder if the formula has changed from the last time I used it b/c I think I was taking two a day at a this point.

My shake flavors and timing have been the same. Not sick of any of them YET. The 2 scoop shakes take me forever to drink. Probably a big part of why I haven’t experienced any hunger.