Biotest

V-Diet Phase 3?

So I finished the V-Diet, and just started week 2 of the transition. Now I’m, looking to continue the trend and was wondering what supplements, beyond the shakes should I be considering to keep everythign going.

Also Chris do you have any specific pointers as far as workout plans go? I’ve perused the site a bit, but wanted to know if you had any favorite plans to get into after the V-Diet.

Thanks,
Pat

[quote]IPB wrote:
So I finished the V-Diet, and just started week 2 of the transition. Now I’m, looking to continue the trend and was wondering what supplements, beyond the shakes should I be considering to keep everythign going.

Also Chris do you have any specific pointers as far as workout plans go? I’ve perused the site a bit, but wanted to know if you had any favorite plans to get into after the V-Diet.

Thanks,
Pat[/quote]

1. I think of certain supplements as lifelong staples. They’re just too important for short and long-term health to skip, and their effects can’t be simulated with solid foods (not in practical amounts at least). For me, those are Superfood, Flameout, and REZ-V. I suppose I could drink 4 bottles of red wine per day, eat 6 pounds of salmon and 12 different exotic fruits and vegetables, and drink a half-dozen cups of green tea per day… but I think I’ll stick to those three supplements instead.

The rest will depend on your goals. I suggest always taking care of peri-workout nutrition, whether that’s with Surge Recovery or one of the newer supplements like Workout Fuel, Anaconda, MAG-10, or FINiBARS.

So, think basic health staples and peri-workout nutrition. You can always experiment with the more exotic stuff, but those two things – health and peri-workout – should be the core of it.

1. Lots of great choices on the TNation side of things, but I’m a fan of variety. Since the V-Diet workout plan had you training full-body style, 3-4 days a week, I’d suggest going for a split program (chest/back day, leg day, etc.) for 5-6 days per week. I like doing 4-8 weeks with one method, then switching to another, preferably something very different than the previous. Always keep yourself challenged and keep your body “guessing” as the old-schoolers used to say. Anything by Christian Thibaudeau would rock.

Thanks Chris. I’ll keep those in mind while developing my plan of attack. I was thinking the Flameout for sure, as well as Surge. Although I might change it up a bit with some of the others you’ve mentioned to fine tune things.

Overall my goal is a healthy me, mind and body. I don’t need to be shredded, just fit and healthy, which will keep me happy. I’d like to get my BF down to about 10-12% and stay there.

The split is what I used to do a lot of pre V-diet, so I can definitely add it back in. I really want to toss in complexes and a few other things to liven it up. I’ll give the 4-8 weeks thing a try and start keeping a log as opposed to keeping it all in my head. That seemed to motivate me a bit more through the diet.

So to my fellow V-dieters what are you doing for Phase 3??

I’m also in phase 3.

Playing around with some G-Flux principles right now…using tennis to jack up my activity levels and keeping the diet nice and clean. Doing some body part specialization to improve aesthetics (lateral delts at the moment).

Supps include Flameout, Superfood, Curcumin 500, Rez-V, Se7en. just added Receptormax and I smell like maple syrup.

continuing to get leaner, which is great. Owning it right now.

Wouldn’t I, Bodybuilder be a great plan to start after shedding weight off?

Serge you don’t count you freak of nature and science! :wink:

I’ll be adding in running and soccer into the mix so that’ll help. I’m thinking about trying the Se7en, but should I wait a bit after coming off HOT-ROX or will it matter?

[quote]IPB wrote:
Serge you don’t count you freak of nature and science! :wink:

I’ll be adding in running and soccer into the mix so that’ll help. I’m thinking about trying the Se7en, but should I wait a bit after coming off HOT-ROX or will it matter?[/quote]

Se7en can actually be used with HOT-ROX. Totally different mechanisms. So it’s perfectly fine.

Cool I’ll give Se7en a whirl.

Creatine has had freakish effects on me after the V-Diet.

I am slowly ramping up my calories by 250 every week for the next couple of weeks. I am following the principles of the massive eating plan by Berardi and my training will be from the “new rules of lifting” book by Schuler and Cosgrove. Life is good.

Surge Recovery is my crack. I will admit, my first two experiences with Surge original flavor were not pleasant…but after that I began craving it after workouts. Now, if I find my intensity waining on a set I will look at myself in the mirror and remind myself I need to earn that Surge and the rest of my PWO carbs, very effective strategy and great advice Chris.

I’ve only taken Se7en so far, and wow did I take a lot of abuse from my brother when he saw what I was taking!

I’m due for a weigh in to check my progress, but I’ve been in the gym or working out everyday throughout the transition phase. Overall I’m feeling really good still, not sure if I’ve dropped any weight but I’m seeing more definition, especially in my back.