Biotest

V-Diet: Peanut Butter?

I haven’t seen anything about the peanut butter in Chris’s articles about the Velocity Diet. Are we supposed to add this in at certain points during the day?

What are the specifics? I plan on starting as soon as my MD, Surge, and HOT-ROX arrive in the mail.

I’m 195 lb 5’9" male and 17% BF. My calorie goal is between 1500-1800 according to the V-diet calculator.

Thanks for your help!

ALMOND BUTTER!

It’s more better.

How much and when?

It should tell you when you download your personal plan. My wife is 150 and it says for her to add 210 calories of natural nut butter in her shake on the fifth meal.

Correct, everything is listed for you in your personal menu plan in V-Diet 3.0. Just fill in your info and scroll down:

http://www.t-nation.com/programs/vdiet30/vDietProgram004.jsp

And the program calls for “nut butter.” The choice of nut is up to you, but it must be natural – no other ingredients other than the nut of choice and salt.

Question for Chris, do you have to wait until the last meal to add the nut butter? Could you have it earlier in the day and not at the last meal? Just curious.

[quote]volleyballer13 wrote:
Question for Chris, do you have to wait until the last meal to add the nut butter? Could you have it earlier in the day and not at the last meal? Just curious.[/quote]

Last meal is best. Makes last shake nice and filling, important during the “danger zone” of nighttime, when most people overeat. This also helps with better sleep (being nice and full that is.)

Also, the body basically “uses” dietary fats better at night. Dr. Lowery has written about this in our archives.

Make sure you actually weight the peanut butter. It’s very high in calories and its very easy to “over dose”. It tastes so good though… Can’t wait for my last meals.