Biotest

V-Diet / MAG-10 Pulse Combination

Hey, Chris!

I’m curious. . .I have seen some mentions of a V-Diet/MAG-10 Pulse combination. How does this work? What are the (added) benefits?

Also, are probiotic supplements in pill form O.K. on the V-Diet? I would think so, but want to be sure.

Thanks!

Another question. Can Superfood be dissolved in hot water and drank more like or with tea?

Basically, I’m going to start a second V-Diet and want to try some things out. I’m at 20% body fat right now and would like to drop at least 10 more lbs. of fat.

Not to speak for Chris, but the Pulse fast can be thrown in once or twice a week during the V-Diet (I did this during my last go at it). Plain unsweetened tea is okay on the V-Diet so I would assume mixing Superfood in is fine, I always mixed mine up separately in water alone because the taste of it with Metabolic Drive makes me gag lol. Good luck!!

Thanks, Matt!

Agreed, I don’t care for it mixed in with the Metabolic Drive. The main thing I was concerned about is whether or not the heat of the tea would adversely affect the Superfood.

As for the Pulse fast, does this mean that one or two days a week, you would do the fast as opposed to the Metabolic Drive shakes?

[quote]iamthesamurai wrote:
Hey, Chris!

I’m curious. . .I have seen some mentions of a V-Diet/MAG-10 Pulse combination. How does this work? What are the (added) benefits?

Also, are probiotic supplements in pill form O.K. on the V-Diet? I would think so, but want to be sure.

Thanks![/quote]

This is just an experiment for now, but a few of us have had great success with it.

Basically, it’s a two week (some have gone three) V-Diet with two Pulse days per week instead of the V-Diet supplements.

The advantages are a shorter diet (2 weeks instead of 4 as with a normal V-Diet) plus all the benefits of the Pulse Fast.

Just estimating, but I think this combo may be as fast, fat loss-wise, as a 4 week V-Diet. Darn close at least.

Probiotics are fine.

Superfood consumed as tea is also fine.

Thanks for the response, Chris!

I started the V-Diet today. I couldn’t afford the Pulse supplements though and won’t be able to, at least not for the next couple of weeks. If I can buy the supplements then, would a V-Diet/Pulse combo be O.K. after I’m already two weeks into the V-Diet?

Also, I’m participating in Tough Mudder at the end of January. After I complete the V-Diet, would going into a normal, healthy diet instead of the transition period be O.K., or would that be too much of a shock to my body? I ask because I will need to start incorporating some additional cardio into my workouts before the event.

Thanks!

[quote]iamthesamurai wrote:
Thanks for the response, Chris!

I started the V-Diet today. I couldn’t afford the Pulse supplements though and won’t be able to, at least not for the next couple of weeks. If I can buy the supplements then, would a V-Diet/Pulse combo be O.K. after I’m already two weeks into the V-Diet?

Also, I’m participating in Tough Mudder at the end of January. After I complete the V-Diet, would going into a normal, healthy diet instead of the transition period be O.K., or would that be too much of a shock to my body? I ask because I will need to start incorporating some additional cardio into my workouts before the event.

Thanks![/quote]

1. Yes. A Pulse can be thrown in at almost any time. It’s very versatile.

2. First, you may be surprised at how little additional cardio work / endurance training you need. Dropping just 10 or 15 pounds of fat can greatly improve your capacity for that kind of event. So, in a sense, the V-Diet is getting you ready for it. And don’t forget that day of body weight circuits that’s part of the V-Diet training plan – very big crossover effect there!

But yes, going to a healthy diet is fine, though I do suggest a few days of “easing into it” via a Transition-like plan. Maybe “Transition lite.”

Thanks, Chris!

1. Awesome!

2. That’s what I’m hoping for! I figure that even if I do nothing else, dropping the fat is going to make a big difference. And like you said, the circuit training will be great too.

Chris,

On the MAG-10 Pulse days dp you stop all the V-Diet supplements as well?

Steve

Chris, how does the 2 week V-Diet/pulse work?

I am new to this Pulse thing.

[quote]SteveIsGr8 wrote:
Chris,

On the MAG-10 Pulse days dp you stop all the V-Diet supplements as well?

Steve[/quote]

You can take Superfood if you want, but it’s not needed. For best results, keep Pulse Fast days “pure.” I.E. Follow the Pulse Fast plan: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/velocity_life/mag10_pulse_fast_1?src=vdiet

[quote]bigtyivier2k2 wrote:

How is this done? I want to do this because I can never last a full 4 weeks on the V-Diet. How is the pulse fast done? and also why would doing 2 of these pulses make a 2 week V-Diet just as effective as 4 weeks?
[/quote]

Here’s the main Pulse Fast plan: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/velocity_life/mag10_pulse_fast_1?src=vdiet

are MAG-10 and Alpha-GPC branch chain amino acids?

are MAG-10 and Alpha-GPC branch chain amino acids?[/quote]

You can find all the details at the Biotest store: https://www.t-nation.com/free_online_store

Chris if i cant seem to do the pulse fasts or full 4 weeks on V-Diet again will a modified version- 4 shakes and 1 high protein low carb meal (tuna can, or egg whites, or a chicken breast) per day be just as effective for fatloss? it would still be around the same # of calories but i would keep my sanity sicne i have 1 meal per day instead of only per week

will i still have good fatloss results if i do a modified V-Diet. I will have 5 shakes and 1 meal per day.
That meal will be either egg white a chicken breast or can of tune. That way I stay sane,

What liquid flavoring do you use for the Pulse Fast?

Hey, I keep screwing up the V-Diet because my willpower succumbs to a meal. This usually happens towards the end of day 4.
Can I lose the same amount of fat if I do a modified V-Diet where I can have 1 healthy solid meal per day and 4 shakes ?

Hey, I keep screwing up the V-Diet because my willpower succumbs to a meal. This usually happens towards the end of day 4.
Can I lose the same amount of fat if I do a modified V-Diet where I can have 1 healthy solid meal per day and 4 shakes ?[/quote]

Hey! I would think that, theoretically, you could. However, I have done a modified V-Diet like this before, and while I did have some good results, I don’t think it is what I could have achieved had I stuck to the exact plan. I am currently doing the V-Diet as is right now to compare results.

Bottom line is, if you want the same results others have achieved, you will likely have to do the diet as written.

Can I lose the same amount of fat if I do a modified V-Diet where I can have 1 healthy solid meal per day and 4 shakes ?[/quote]

Answered in your other thread.