Biotest

V-Diet Log Starting 2/22/2016 While Doing CrossFit

Stats:
Height: 5’4"
Weight: 151 (Winter weight, I can usually drop down to 143 by Summer(June))
Athletic Background: Wrestled in high school. I have always lifted and stayed active. I’ve been an active CrossFitter for 3 1/2 years. 1 Rms: Deadlift 325, Bench 225, Strict Press 155, Back Squat 275, Clean & Jerk 185, Snatch 145.

Fat % approximately 15% according to my scale.

I had a 4 pack this Summer. I want a 6 pack. I have always had the “spare tire” around my lower abs, lower back/love handles. Not too bad but it’s there. I may have an issue with insulin insensitivity. I’m going to start taking Indio-3G and am currently taking apple cider vinegar before bed.

So what kind of results should I expect from the V-Diet? I know weight loss will not be too dramatic because I’m a small dude but is 15 lbs possible?

I’ll be stacking the V-Diet with Alpha Male, Hot-Rox, Indigo-3G, and of course everthing else that comes with the package from Biotest.

Will all of the shakes and the 2 servings Plazma be too many calories/carbs for me? I realize that I’m not the size of the average guy. I tell my wife that I’m fun sized!

My macros right now are approximately 172 protein, 132 carbs, 72 fat and I’m able to lose about a pound a week. I believe I have a good knowledge of diet and exercise and I have them under control. Should I just continue on my course or would it be worth the $400 + to do the V-Diet.

My guess is that it would be great for you. If you read the manual and the articles on it Thib used it to get ready for a competition and Dan John used it to lean up. Both relatively different goals and it worked great for both. If you want to get leaner the V-Diet seems to be an awesome thing.

BTW I was 315lbs 28 days ago and am now 297. I am confident that ALL of that weight was fat loss as my strength has increased. Starting tomorrow I am starting round 2 of the V-Diet. Hoping to drop another 15-20+lbs of fat. Based on my experience I am fairly confident that I will hit my goal again. I have a ways to go but the V-Diet is like the Lambo version of getting lean vs being the Geo Metro version.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

It’s always kinda tough to predict results with a diet. A little tougher still since it sounds like you’re relatively experienced. But some people have used along the lines of what you’re doing, using the V-Diet to get from “sorta-almost lean” to “legit lean”. Pretty sure a few bodybuilders on the site have used it in the early part of their pre-contest diet too.

The thing to remember, though, is that isn’t not about losing weight - getting the scale to move from 151 to 136. Measurements can often drop significantly without the scale moving a ton. That’s ideal, and usually an indicator that you successfully built/maintained muscle while burning fat.

@robstein is almost exactly your size (only a few pounds heavier and currently cutting for a show) and he uses 2 scoops of Plazma for workouts and over 2,500 calories most days.

So it’s not just your size that’s a factor, but your activity levels that dictate how many/few calories you need. And that’s always something you can adjust week to week based on the results you see.

Indeed, I’m part of the 5’4" club. Glad to see we are growing in numbers! :grinning:

2 scoops of Plazma has been my standard serving since I started using it shortly after it came out. I too wondered at one time whether my size would play a factor and if it would be too much, but I found that was not the case. These days during my contest prep I’m actually using 3 scoops, plus a Finibar right before, totaling 160g carbs, and a little over 900 calories to fuel my workout. Granted it’s a long workout, but I think it really shows the extreme precision and awesomeness of these supplements that at 5’4" and 160lbs, I can consume 900 calories in my workout window, and 2,500 calories on most days and still slowly lose fat for my show.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I’d love to be 5’4", 160 and all muscle. I am going to give the V-Diet a try around the beginning of March. I’ll keep a log here for everyone to see.

robstein, what were your before and after results on the V-Diet?

If you want to pack on mass, it’s definitely best, and easier, to do it when you’re lean. 6 years ago I was 205lbs with no muscle and never exercising, eventually leaned out to 135 and starting slowly adding mass, using a variety of programs from T-Nation and of course the supplements, like Indigo, Micro, etc. It’s certainly a long journey that never ends, but be sure to understand our short stature does not limit our gains.

When I did the V-Diet a couple of years I had good success with it, and was already fairly lean starting out. I lost about 9lbs in 2 weeks, starting at 161 and ending at 152. I didn’t have as much LBM as I have now, but by the end I had good ab definition and it was easier to start slowly putting on more muscle after that. Something else to keep in mind is your definition at the end of the v-diet will also be determined by your current level of LBM. Obviously the more muscle you have, the more you’ll see. If you had a visible 4 pack at 143 pounds, I’m guessing you’ll need to be around 135 to have the definition you want. At that point, you can slowly and strategically start adding mass. Looking at your lifting numbers you have some good strength, so I would think you’d have a pretty aesthetic physique when finished, assuming you’re still training hard and consistently. If you haven’t been training hard and consistently, and have been kind of on and off, hard to say. After V-Diet, if you really want to pack on the muscle, I’d recommend getting off of crossfit, at least for a while, and doing a more mass specific program, like CT’s Indigo hypertrophy Programs.

So, if you’re 151 now, it’s certainly possible that doing the V-Diet and hitting the workouts hard could get you down to 135. Obviously there’s no way to say for sure, but as a fellow shorty I can tell you I had good success with it.

Ok, it’s on! V-Diet for a month! My goal is to be around 135. I figure then as you guess correctly, that I would finally have the definition I want at 135. Being a CrossFitter, a lighter body weight would definitely make my muscle ups and all of the other gymnastic movements much easier.

As far as my training is concerned, I do train hard and consistently. So, after I get lean, I’ll up my macros and attempt to slowly gain muscle. I not only do CrossFit wods, but I do additional strenght training. I followed Coach CT’s Complete Power Look ( https://www.t-nation.com/training/complete-power-look-program ) last year and PR’d everything.

robstein, what do your macros look like these days? Did the Indigo help with training your body to handle carbs better. I believe that I have insulin insensitivity based on what I’ve read on this site. My plan is to use Indigo while on the V-Diet and to continue taking Indigo for a few more months after I finish the V-Diet.

My projected weight at the start of the V-Diet should be around 149’ish. I’m loosing around a 3/4 a pound a week right now. Stupid holiday gains! The gains are not in the right places either.

I’ve been taking Indigo for a few years now, it absolutely helped me handle carbs better. As a FFB (former fat boy) who didn’t exercise, I definitely had some insulin sensitivity issues. While taking Indigo I was at about 300g carbs a day and putting it all to muscle,(in combination with CT’s Indigo Programs.) I still take Indigo, it’s really an incredible supplement, and provides some great health benefits in additional to the muscly stuff we’re interested in. Micro PA was also a game changer and allowed to me put on more LBM after leaning out.

My current macros change every week or two as I’m cutting for my first show, but currently they’re:

High day (training day) - 2,770cals (335g carbs, 240 protein)
Medium day (cardio days) - 2,460cals (155 carbs 230 protein)
Low day (weekends, non training) - 2,250cals (50 carbs incidental in protein and nuts, 250 protein)

Again these are where I am currently trying to slowly cut, in addition to some cardio. After taking weight every day for the past 5 months, my maintenance calories are around 2,600 on a non training day and 3,000 on a training day.

I’m keeping a pretty detailed journal of my nutrition, training and progress in my prep log if you want to check it out!

I love the acronym, I was also a FBB, from 3rd to 9th grade.

Are you taking 4 or 6 Indigo pills a day? I will be taking them when I start the V-Diet in March. I plan on ordering 2 bottles.

I am an A.M workout person. I usually wake up at 5:00 a.m. and hit the gym by 6:00 a.m… My plan with the V-Diet was to drink 1 scoop Metabolic Drive upon waking along with 2 Hot-Rox and 1 Alpha Male, then begin drinking my Plazma and take my Indigo while driving to the gym and finish it up by the end of my workout.

Here is my V-Diet supplement plan:

5:00 a.m. 1 scoop Metabolic Drive, 2 Hot-Rox, 1 Alpha Male
5:45 a.m. 2 scoops Plazma 4-6 Indigo

8:00 a.m. 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 Scoops Super Food, 1 Flame Out

11:00 a.m. 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 Hot-Rox, 2 Alpha Male, 1 Flame Out

2:00 p.m. 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flame Out

6:00 p.m. HSM, 1 Flame Out

8:00 p.m. 1 scoop Metabolic Drive, 1 Flame Out

Nice prep log. Lots of details and lots I can learn from it. Good luck Rob with the first show!

I take 6, always have. I’m not sure if the new V-Diet recommends differently, but always best to follow the label. Usually winds up being 15 min before I start my Plazma, although if I remember correctly taking Indigo along with your Plazma pre-load is also ok.

Just a thought, if possible, maybe take it for longer than the 2 bottles will last. It’ll certainly be effective from the first dose you use it, but if you do have insulin sensitivity issues, running Indigo for a longer period of time will probably yield better results to remedy them.

Thank you very much!

It’s official, I ordered the V-Diet kit last night. It should be here by Saturday. Monday I start! Goal is to drop at least 10 lbs.

My plan will be as follows:

5:00 a.m. 1 scoop Metabolic Drive, 2 Hot-Rox, 2 Alpha Male, 6 Indigo
5:30 a.m. 2 scoops Plazma (Plazma on workout days only)

6:00 a.m. Workout/WOD (Mon-Wed-Friday) will continue to drink Plazma throughout
I will perform NEPA other days without Plazma

8:00 a.m. 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 Scoops Super Food, 1 Flame Out, 1 Opti-Men

11:00 a.m. 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 Hot-Rox, 2 Alpha Male, 1 Flame Out, 1 Opti-Men

2:00 p.m. 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flame Out, 1 Opti-Men
6:00 p.m. HSM, 1 Flame Out

8:00 p.m. 1 scoop Metabolic Drive, 1 Flame Out

I will be continue taking Indigo for at least an additional 4 weeks.

I will be going to my local CrossFit affiliate 3 days a week. My local box usually has a strength portion and a breif WOD. The head programmer for my box made it to the games in 2014 so we have some solid programming and solid coaching. My wife was ranked 514th in our region last year. Me, not so good but I can hold my own. : )

I will be doing additional “NEPA” walks/elliptical at night at the gym at work. I will attempt to at least do some form of “NEPA” most days of the week.

I know my plan is not exactly as planned by Chris Shugart, but I am addicted to CrossFit. My goal is to be leaner than I was this time last year and to be even learner by this summer. At my leanest last year i was around 14% BF and 143. I can usually get there by around June and stay there until around October. I am anticipating being around 140 at the end of my V-Diet (end of March) and want to be around 135 by June. I believe I should have close to a 6-pack by then.

Wish me luck! I’ll post some measurements Sunday.

I do have some questions:

1. I believe I have read that a multi such as Opti-Men is not needed due to the taking Superfood, I could always quit taking them for 28 days. 3 less pills to worry about. Should I stop them?
  2. I have read that the Superfood tastes like a mild tea, do people usually mix it with the protein in the morning or should I just drink it after my breakfast Metabolic Drive in a clean shaker? Recommendations?
  3. I also read on here that it is not recommended doing a fasted workout or WOD, so that is why I have decided to drink one scoop of Metabolic Drive as soon as I wake up. Is this what would be recommended for morning workouts on the V-Diet?

More questions to come… : )

I’m not an expert but I did stay at a …

1.) I’d keep taking the multi vitamin. They are pretty cheap and they won’t hurt you so might as well keep taking them.

2.) I mix the superfood in with the chocolate shake and can’t tell its there.

3.) I workout first thing in the morning. I drink a liter of water when I wake, and then drink half the Plazma that I mixed the night before (to let the foam settle). I warm up with joint circles and then start the workout. I then have the breakfast shake after my workout. You could probably split the breakfast shake in half and take before the workout and the remainder afterwards. Not sure if it makes a big difference. Actually I’m going to try that tomorrow and see if I notice a difference.

Now I’m just doing the Velocity workout, I’m not doing some crazy crossfit metcon. If you are doing that you probably need to have something beforehand.

Thanks KDubya!

Day 1:
Weight: 153.4

• 5:00 a.m. woke up, weighted in at 153.4 . I was 151.2 yesterday morning. I had mexican yesterday for lunch. I am probably just bloated from the chips, margaritas, and all of the salt. I will continue to weigh 1st thing in the morning.

• 5:00 a.m. after weigh in drank 1 scoop Metabolic Drive, 2 Alpha Male, 2 Hot-Rox, 6 Indigo-3G

• 5:45 a.m. started drinking 2 scoops of Plazma that I made the night before. I am glad I prepared it the night before. I may have done it wrong, the foam was so much! I was finally able to get the rest of the water in the bottle this morning to bring total volume up to 1000ml. I was extremely full today during my workout even though I had only drank about 1/3 of it.

• 6:00 a.m. Began my warm up, then did 6x5 tempo/speed strict press E2:30MOM. Then did my WOD. By the time I finished my WOD I still had over 1/2 of the Plazma left. I forced it down. Finally finished it by 7:20. I was full until 9:00. I am planning on only doing 1 scoop of Plazma next time. However, I feel like I could definitely keep going and do another WOD and/or lift for another hour. The Plazma has me feeling like I could just keep going and going. So far so good!

• 9:00 a.m. Had my “breakfast” shake, 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout, 1 Optimen multi. I feel good.

• 11:00 Took 2 more Alpha Male and 2 more Hot-Rox.

• 12:30 Had 2 scoops of Metabolic Drive for lunch +1 Flameout + 1 Optimen

• 3:30 Had 2 scoops of Metabolic Drive for lunch +1 Flameout + 1 Optimen

• 5:30 Did 30 minutes on elliptical for the NEPA.

• 6:30 Ate dinner, paleo crab cakes with a caesar salad, 1 FO

• 8:30 Drank some Apple Cider Vinegar and took last FO. No need for an additional shake. I’m not hungry.

Note: The MD has really upset my stomach. I hope this passes. Besides that, it’s pretty easy so far.

Note 2: Maybe I’m being too detailed. : )

Day 2:
Weight: 151.2 I lost 2.2 lbs over night. I understand why too. My stomach has been really upset. I didn’t get much sleep because of it.

Today has been rough.

First off I used 1 scoop of Plazma instead of 2. I did my WOD at 0600 today. I was more hungry post workout than I was the day before. I’ll try using two next time again. I have had the low carb headache since about 10:00 am. For some reason, I’m craving pizza! I only drank 1 scoop for my late afternoon shake because I just didn’t want anymore shakes. This is not going to break my resolve. I am totally looking forward to dinner! I did 30 minutes on the elliptical after work. Made sure to keep my heart in the “fat burning zone”. I had a piece of cod with a mixture of olives, capers, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil on top of it and 1 paleo crab cake with some broccoli for dinner. Should I be eating some rice too? I do want some carbs. I made a bunch of rice in the rice cooker. It was not ready by the time I finished dinner. Tomorrow I’ll have 1/2 cup with dinner.

Day 3:
Weight: 149.2

I didn’t sleep well last night either. Stomach was upset and hurting all night. I do feel better this morning.
Today was a bit easier. I did two scoops of Plazma. I felt full longer after my workout. I think the extra carbs helped me too. I was not able to get any NEPA in today. I had about a half cup of rice with fish and broccoli last night. That meal was so good. I felt awesome afterwards. Once again right before bed my stomach was hurting again.

Day 4:
Weight 148.4
Today was much easier. I think my stomach is starting to get used to the shakes. Around lunch time at work is what kills me. I see and smell everyone’s unhealthy food and it really gets me wanting solid food. Did my 30 minutes of NEPA.

Day 5:
Weight: 148.4
First day without the scale moving. According to the fat% and muscle% measurement on my scale, they have not changed either. I was not able to get in any NEPA. I went to lunch with my wife today. That was my HSM. It was not all that healthy but not all that bad. She really wanted mexican and margaritas after doing the CrossFit open at our box. I did not eat any chips, only had about 1/4 cup of rice and beans, two corn tortillas with my shrimp fajitas. It was nice to have lunch as my HSM. I was full most of the day. I did manage to have the rest of my shakes. Today was good.

Day 6:
Weight 148.4
Weight unchanged again. I think maybe the mexican could have had something to do with it. I did arms today at the gym at my work. I then followed it up with 30 minutes of NEPA on the elliptical. I am starting to get into the groove of this diet. It is starting to get a little easier. I am just now chugging the shakes down. I am getting tired of the flavors. I was craving a steak badly. So for dinner, we had a ribeye and a sweet potato. Best steak and SP I’ve had in a while. It is kind of weird, maybe it’s all in my head, but having nothing but shakes all day makes me 1. crave some healthy food, 2. the healthy food tastes like that best food EVER! : )

Day 7:
Weight 148.4
Weight unchanged again. I think I am at a plateau. I’m sure I’ll loose some more weight by the end of the week. According to my scale, the fat% and muscle% is the same. For my HSM had Thai food and sushi with my wife. It was fantastic! Stomach was immediately upset for a few hours. Constant pain. My NEPA was yard work.