Biotest

V-Diet log....Countdown to Vegas

^^^me on Jan 01, 2009 (181 lbs)^^^

My motto: PLEASE…Just Follow the Directions. I tried to do this last year my way (supps I already had plus a few Biotest thrown in for good measure). Needless to say I only lasted 17 days. I did no transition. I went to Vegas and thought I looked good, took pics while there, like I said, no transition, hit the buffet quite a few times, etc…when I got back and looked at the pics I was shocked and disappointed. I was a smaller pear, just like Chris predicted in his intro to the V-Diet.

I’m doing it differently this time. I got ALL Biotest supps, to last the entire V-Diet and the transition after. I’ve started today, so by the time 6 weeks is up (8/11/09) I still have a week or so to settle and go post-transition before hitting Vegas 8/20 for my yearly week-long extravaganza.

I cut my cals to about 1500-1800 carb cycling, with cheat days, circuit training 3x a week with spin classes, treadmill, elliptical, etc for 6 months and this is what I ended up with…i’m utilizing the V Diet to lose some more inches:

7/1/09: 159 lbs. (see below)

I think i’m doing this wrong…I can’t see my 7/1/09 pics so i’ll try again:

edit: I still don’t see my pics dammit! lol well here’s my measurements, i’m coming back to this forum later as im getting mad hahaha

Height: 5’7"
Weight: 159 lbs.
Neck: 13
Shoulders: 42.5
Chest (upper) 34
Chest (lower) 31
Waist (at navel) 31
Waist (at largest) 32.5
Hips (at largest) 42.5
Upper Arms: 11.5
Upper Legs: 24
Lower Legs: 14
Ankles: 8 1/4

Ah, you are starting today! Best of luck to you!

Ok this is the back…

goddam it sux looking at my azz on da intrawebz, that is enough to keep me on track hahaaa

great improvement since Jan

Good luck Syd, you’re going to look great if you stick to the program!

good luck!!!

Just checking in I know you had posted before you were starting today. I just wanted to stop by and give some encouragement. You are going to look fantastic when all is said and done

you can do it! I started dieting before the V-Diet at 153 and I felt like it was taking me so long! I read at least one vdiet article every morning for motivation! YOU can do it! my before pics and measurements are sooooo my motivation too :smiley:
I just didn’t think about anything (except how bad I want to lose my fat) and just followed the direcdtions. I printed like 4 copies of the meal plan thing and keep it on eme and do my nepa walk, vburn challenge, and workouts. It REALLY works. After reading Chris Shugart’s articles too I almost feel like he would yell at me if I strayed… LOL
Keep posted and how awesome you are for starting.

Second time is the charm girl! You made some good progress from January till now…after this you ought to be in PRIME shape.

Day 2…I did my NEPA walk this morning. Supplementation is going ok, I just keep thinking about my motto over and over, it makes it much easier.

Tell ya what though, the LAST thing I needed is to get “kitchen-sinked” by my partner, who chose today to discuss everything i’ve done “wrong” over the last 20 billion years or so.

Sigh.

Going to have my lunch shake now.

Hi there, wanted to wish you luck on your V-Diet. Sounds like you’ve got a great plan lined out for yourself this time. I’ve ended a Warp Speed Fat Loss diet with a Vegas Buffet before, not good.

I’ll be starting Monday and am ready to start shedding fat.

I know what you mean about the kitchen sinking kind of thing. Yesterday I was so miserable. Found out my BF isn’t supportive because he thought I was fine the way I am. Doesn’t get the whole V-Diet thing. It made me a little sad that the man I love didn’t support me, but I realized I’m not doing it to make him happy; he was just fine and dandy before. It’s all for me, and the way I feel. Building a better me will make not only me stronger, but my relations with those around me. Shame on the person who kitchen sinked you. You obviously did something right since january. AND you started the V-Diet. That’s a very large hurdle…like 28 days large.

Just wanted to check in and see how your first days were going along. They seem like murder. MURDERING THE FAT ha!..:slight_smile:

hey syd…just wanted to say thanks for posting on mine…you got a great jump start!!! I know you can do thi…surround yourself with positive everything, energy, people, environment all together and you will succeed!!! As far as whoever listed what they thought you have done wrong…who was that again??? ha!! forget them and leave their negativity with them…your day is better than that!!! You have already done right by being where you are today…wht good does it do to talk about yesterday??? Your ship is moving forward…and you have company too…i will follow your progress!!! Stay strong…you own this!!

Day 3 is overrrrr…

well i’ve been following along just like the directions say…been going walking in Memorial Park for my NEPA walks, and to the gym for my weight training…today’s Intermediate workout kicked my azz…i’m really trying this time, and I felt nauseous after. I’ve never felt that before.

The shakes are going ok, I got 7 Vanilla, 1 Banana and 1 Strawberry. Also have Raspberry Surge. Im doing ok with those. Fortunately, i’ve been putting Flax in all my morning shakes since last year, so that’s no big problem.

Since I was off today, I went to Memorial City Mall to window shop, to get an early idea of what I may want to buy for my Vegas trip next month. I think the rest of Houston was off as well, and they ALLL went there lol. I bought 3 cute henley t’s from the Gap (yeah yeah some window shopping lol) but they were XS!!! And I tried on some size 10’s!

I packed my shakes (powders) in the small Ziploc storage containers and toted them in the mall. I went to Taco Bell and ordered a large water with no ice, sat down in the food court and mixed/drank my lunch shake there. Also took my Flameout, 2nd HOT-ROX, etc…I was so jazzed by the smaller sizes i’m getting into (I was wearing size 16/large or xlarge tees Jan. 1st) that I didn’t mind the Chick-Fil-A/Cinnabon smells!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th. My HSM’s are scheduled for Sundays. I’m thinking of a grilled steak, big ass salad and cubed, baked sweet potatoes (cubed and tossed with 1/2 TSP. olive oil, garlic powder and sea salt, bake 400 for about 20-30 mins)

[quote]sydnisd183 wrote:
Day 3 is overrrrr…

well i’ve been following along just like the directions say…been going walking in Memorial Park for my NEPA walks, and to the gym for my weight training…today’s Intermediate workout kicked my azz…i’m really trying this time, and I felt nauseous after. I’ve never felt that before.

The shakes are going ok, I got 7 Vanilla, 1 Banana and 1 Strawberry. Also have Raspberry Surge. Im doing ok with those. Fortunately, i’ve been putting Flax in all my morning shakes since last year, so that’s no big problem.

Since I was off today, I went to Memorial City Mall to window shop, to get an early idea of what I may want to buy for my Vegas trip next month. I think the rest of Houston was off as well, and they ALLL went there lol. I bought 3 cute henley t’s from the Gap (yeah yeah some window shopping lol) but they were XS!!! And I tried on some size 10’s!

I packed my shakes (powders) in the small Ziploc storage containers and toted them in the mall. I went to Taco Bell and ordered a large water with no ice, sat down in the food court and mixed/drank my lunch shake there. Also took my Flameout, 2nd HOT-ROX, etc…I was so jazzed by the smaller sizes i’m getting into (I was wearing size 16/large or xlarge tees Jan. 1st) that I didn’t mind the Chick-Fil-A/Cinnabon smells!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th. My HSM’s are scheduled for Sundays. I’m thinking of a grilled steak, big ass salad and cubed, baked sweet potatoes (cubed and tossed with 1/2 TSP. olive oil, garlic powder and sea salt, bake 400 for about 20-30 mins)[/quote]

Sounds like business as usual…DO WORK!!!

Just checking in to see how you’re doing and seems like you’re doing great. I’m going to try some sweet potatoes the way you said to prepare them. Maybe next week, gotta come up with a backup veg in case I dont like them though. There’s always asparagus!

Have a happy and safe 4th and keep up the good work!

Getting thru Day 5 ok. I did my Intermediate training session this afternoon and that went well. I did 20 min. of NEPA so far at the gym. I had my HSM today, it was great. I fired up the grill and cooked a couple of T-Bones, ribs and chicken wings (the ribs and wings are for others). I had a big salad with reduced calorie dressing and a serving of baked sweet potatoes. For dessert I had a cup of cubed watermelon. I’m gonna go to Memorial Park in about 30 minutes to do my other 40 min. of NEPA walk. So far everything is going pretty well.

Keep up the great work. Glad you enjoyed your first HSM.

DAY 7…I took no measurements/pics, i’m waiting for the halfway point (7/15). I called out sick today. I GOT NO SLEEP LASTNIGHT…maybe an hour or 2. I kept tossing and turning and waking up (could be HOT-ROX, stress, I have no idea). I’m only taking 2 HR a day, 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon.

Anyway, I did my V-Burn Challenge this morning. (I’m on a We/Fr/Su weight train schedule. It took me 51 minutes. I was reading other posters’ journals (31 min., 26 min, etc) and I felt kinda down about that. But I did finish it. I had to substitute the 1-legged deadlifts for plie’ squats and pike push-ups for regular push-ups, because I forgot to watch the training video to see how to do those two exercises. I will watch next time though.

Getting through the shakes is going ok. Drinking lots of water. I cleaned my home today really well with the MJ Memorial on the tv as company, and am now chilling on the couch.

Oh yeah, I was in the gym locker room putting my gym bag away, and this girl came up to me and said “I wish I looked like you, you look like you really workout!” That was the first compliment I got EVER from a random stranger in the gym and it really made my day. Makes downing those shakes and busting my azz really worth it.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.