Biotest

V-Diet Log After 5yrs of Not Taking Care of Myself

Well, it’s been 5 years since I haven’t successfully worked out for more than a few weeks in a row.
So I’ve gotten soft and tired and slow so I decided to create this log to push me into getting back in shape! Hopefully public shame with motivate me…

So I just sign up for a gym close to my work and will start the V-Diet tomorrow, wish me luck :slight_smile:

[quote]Stereoid wrote:
Well, it’s been 5 years since I haven’t successfully worked out for more than a few weeks in a row.
So I’ve gotten soft and tired and slow so I decided to create this log to push me into getting back in shape! Hopefully public shame with motivate me…

So I just sign up for a gym close to my work and will start the V-Diet tomorrow, wish me luck :)[/quote]
Good luck! If you can get through the first week of the diet, you’ll be over the hump. You’ll start to see results quickly. I’m in my second week now. First few days were challenging but now I don’t miss any of the crap food I was eating and I feel much better overall.

[quote]Careym13 wrote:
Good luck! If you can get through the first week of the diet, you’ll be over the hump. You’ll start to see results quickly. I’m in my second week now. First few days were challenging but now I don’t miss any of the crap food I was eating and I feel much better overall. [/quote]

Thanks and congrats on getting past the first week!
I did the first shake this morning and trying hard not to go for the free donuts and dozeon of cream cheese options at the office this morning!

[quote]Stereoid wrote:

[quote]Careym13 wrote:
Good luck! If you can get through the first week of the diet, you’ll be over the hump. You’ll start to see results quickly. I’m in my second week now. First few days were challenging but now I don’t miss any of the crap food I was eating and I feel much better overall. [/quote]

Thanks and congrats on getting past the first week!
I did the first shake this morning and trying hard not to go for the free donuts and dozeon of cream cheese options at the office this morning![/quote]
That would be tough. The cravings will go away though, so keep up the good work!

Quick update on day 4, I had to move my HSM to lunch time as I had way too many business lunches I couldn’t skip. I want for the salad each time and so far so good. No real cravings except for fruits, I am not sure how bad it would be to eat an apple with my shake from time to time but so far I haven’t broken the protocol.

Felling surprising full, meaning I am not hungry during the day, but at the same time I have more energy that usual…

Keep up the good work! Perfectly fine to move the HSM around to where it best fits your needs.

While most people prefer it at night (sometimes to just socially be with family), many do better with it at breakfast or lunch. “Book-ending” the HSM with shakes helps many people. And there’s also the issue of nighttime overeating. You’re stressed from work, the TV is on, and it’s hard to stop eating. Knowing your HSM is already over and knowing you can only have a shake or two is powerful. It sets boundaries. And these carry over after the V-Diet is over and develop into good habits. So, whatever HSM schedule best fits your needs, and it may take a week of playing around with them to find that out.

As for the apple, while it probably wouldn’t hurt, I’d suggest just having it as part of the HSM. Keep the “shakes only” rule tight, not because it would ruin the diet but because a V-Dieter needs that strictness early in the plan. We don’t want any slippery slopes in week one or two.

Also, the V-Diet isn’t just about fat loss, but changing dietary habits. If an apple becomes a reward in your mind instead of a pint of ice cream, that’s awesome and will again carry over long after the V-Diet is finished.

Thanks for clarifying the flexibility around HSM Chris!
I understand the psychological effect of not breaking the diet for any reason, it’s a great way to lose those bad habits in 4 weeks.
Going to train tomorrow, so far so good!

I’m starting mine on Sunday. I’ve always been active with lifting, mostly focusing on 5/3/1 and strength (plus stuffing myself with easy access food from the grille next door). So, this will be quite the change for my body. I’m hoping to finally lose those cravings for stress food that I fight every day. Good luck with yours 4 weeks!

^Good Luck to you two, the carvings sure disappear quickly on this diet, at least for me.

So Now for some public shaming as it’s part of the goal of doing this log :slight_smile: I had a great workout today but then stood on the scale, 207 lbs, 33% body fat…
That’s measured by the scale, I am not sure it’s accurate but at least I’ll be able to compare with something.
My goal is down to 20% body fat, the best I’ve ever been is 15% but people kept telling me I looked too skinny. 20% always felt like a good balance for me anyway.

Good Luck! We are here if you have questions.

@ Stereoid, sounds like things are going well for you so far with the V-Diet, keep it up man! Everyone has a starting point when the time comes to make a change, you’re already on your way. The body fat scales can be grossly miscalculated, don’t get too attached to the number, or the 20% goal, or whatever. The goal should be to be as healthy as possible, with as much muscle mass as possible and low body fat. If you adopt a healthy lifestyle, using the V-Diet as a start, then you’ll eventually pass 20%, and it’s not like you’re gonna stop there right?!

Just keep making one good decision at a time and the process will take care of itself. Keep updating your log so we can share in your success!

I don’t have a scale that measures body fat (thank god). And I have never been a scale person, but…it has been nice to watch the numbers go down. Keep up the good work!

Thanks everybody! I am on day 8, trying not to overthink this and it’s been a good strategy so far. Indeed I am not paying too much attention to the scale but still want to monitor my weight for progress weekly.

It was hard for me to drink 2 of the shakes today, the taste is a bit too sugary and artificial for me now, it was not the case when I started. I guess I am obsessed by eating a fruit and natural food and the shake can’t satisfy that feeling. Thank god for the HSM, I wouldn’t be able to do the diet without a solid meal per day for sure.

I would love a flavorless Metabolic Drive powder btw. This way I could rotate different kind of flavors & flavor systems. Actually just having a salty version would be great for a change, like a green shake (green beans, brocoli, etc…) or tomato soup taste, I think that would go a long way making the diet easier for me.

Quick status update, everything is going great, Day 10th and I am still going strong. I tried mixing the shakes with ice and it’s much better than just shaking, comes out more creamy and less sugary.
I think I can see visible differences in my physique, mostly belly and chest area, that motivates me even more!

Good job! Keep it up!

Quick update, I am still going strong on day 16!
Scary thing is that the scale went down to 203 but now it’s back to 205 (I started at 209) but my wife guarantees that I am slimming down. Which I feel as well, my clothes are a great indicator.

So I can only assume this is body recomp…

Good stuff Stereoid! The 203 to 205, don’t even pay attention to it, weight varies by a few pounds each day, it’s surely water. As long as week to week it’s moving in the right direction you should be fine, don’t get in your head about it. My weight typically goes up a few pounds after a low carb day and back down after a high carb day, everyone’s body works differently with water retention.

Keep it up!

Still going strong, weighted at 201 this morning, trying to get below 200 at the end of next week (4th Vdiet week).

I just realised I was using way too much superfood as I added two scoops per shake as opposed to only in the morning shake! Well I ran out so I ordered some more.

I also was using both SWF and Surge recovery which doesn’t make sense now that I think about it. I am switching to Plazma next week, looking forward to it as people have been raving about it!

Good job, you’re almost home!