Biotest

V-Diet Light

If I were to switch down to the V-Diet light type strategy, would I follow the same weight training regime as detailed in the regular program? And would I have the same amount of Surge after the weight training or reduce it in half or something?

I’m 5’4", female, was 128 and 26% body fat at start of diet (3 days ago).

I don’t want to give up- I still have my eyes on preparing for a bikini contest in 4 mos for which I’d probably have to lose 15-20 pounds of fat. I just don’t know if I can handle the full program. Feeling pretty disappointed in myself but I’m having a hard time psychologically and energy wise. Or maybe I need to give it more time…

Yes you could still do the workouts even if you replaced 2 meals a day with 3 or so shakes and you can still have Surge recovery.

Keep at it, it’s only been a few days, I’ll pop back on later and give you some more advice in yuor log/

The best thing you could do is embrace the temporary discomfort of change and get through it. Remember, thousands of people have completed the V-Diet. They’re no smarter or tougher than you; they just put their head down and stuck it out.

Funny thing is, the most common question we get from V-Diet who are on week 4 is “Can I keep going?” because it’s easy for them now. They weren’t thinking that on day three however! So, consider being tough first, then consider altering the plan. You’ve had a baby and ran a marathon. I’m sure you can resist junk food for 28 days. And if you do, the V-Diet can “cure” your cravings for good.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
The best thing you could do is embrace the temporary discomfort of change and get through it. Remember, thousands of people have completed the V-Diet. They’re no smarter or tougher than you; they just put their head down and stuck it out.

Funny thing is, the most common question we get from V-Diet who are on week 4 is “Can I keep going?” because it’s easy for them now. They weren’t thinking that on day three however! So, consider being tough first, then consider altering the plan. You’ve had a baby and ran a marathon. I’m sure you can resist junk food for 28 days. And if you do, the V-Diet can “cure” your cravings for good. [/quote]

Chris said it perfect before I really had time to post, dig through for a few days, find a hobby.

It’ll get easier.

I’ve done the V-Diet a couple of times, the three day mark is just usually where the first hurdle is for me. It’s probably a combo of waning motivation and depleted carbs. Give it a day or two and you’ll start feeling fine again. I find there is another in week two which I think is just when you get sick of the routine, after that it’s seriously plain sailing.

Like Chris said, every time I get to the end I want to just keep going with it. It’s so easy, you’re never hungry and you’ll feel fantastic.

I remember Dan John saying he used the bargain “If you want to quit tomorrow you can” sort of thing, I found that helped. By tomorrow you’ll realise you want to keep going :slight_smile:

Good advice, ozzy.

Thanks! I am feeling stronger today and like I will make it through the day. Night time is toughest for me. I stepped on the scale this morning and I’m down 4 pounds already- even though I know its water retention mostly, its nice to feel less bloated and see that lower number.

Also thanks for the heads up about another hurdle possibly next week. And that it should get easier after that. I’m looking forward to smooth sailing!

I’m liking the really heavy weights. (Heavy for me). I usually follow the bikini body regime so I’m used to the ciruits and the style of it but I’m usually at around 8-10 reps for 3 sets kindof thing. And I usually don’t take any rest. I’m finding that the rest allows me to lift heavier. I have a hard time just resting even for 30-45 seconds between sets but lifting heavier makes for a better workout in the end.

Thanks for the support!
LeAnna

[quote]piscesgirl022077 wrote:
Thanks! I am feeling stronger today and like I will make it through the day. Night time is toughest for me. I stepped on the scale this morning and I’m down 4 pounds already- even though I know its water retention mostly, its nice to feel less bloated and see that lower number.

Also thanks for the heads up about another hurdle possibly next week. And that it should get easier after that. I’m looking forward to smooth sailing!

I’m liking the really heavy weights. (Heavy for me). I usually follow the bikini body regime so I’m used to the ciruits and the style of it but I’m usually at around 8-10 reps for 3 sets kindof thing. And I usually don’t take any rest. I’m finding that the rest allows me to lift heavier. I have a hard time just resting even for 30-45 seconds between sets but lifting heavier makes for a better workout in the end.

Thanks for the support!
LeAnna[/quote]

Psst - don’t step on the scale but once every 7 days :slight_smile: It’ll drive you mad, instead go by how you look and feel.

For the night time, find something to keep you busy. Like really busy.

Due to the time difference, all my posts arrive with delay, but I hope they are still somewhat useful?

Yes you have only been at it for a couple of days, just keep your eye on the price, the more days you complete, the closer you are to your goal, and the easier it will be to take on the next day.

I agree with costijeir, I have also always been addicted to the scale, but this time I am only going to do 6 weight ins during the program, the day to day fluctuations just messes with my head.

Chris is much more of an expert here, but maybe you should experiment with the timing of your shakes, and also maybe splitting one or two of them (i.e. instead of having a 2 scoop shake, you will have 2 times 1 scoop shakes, and then shorten the time between shakes), it might not be exactly as recommended in the diet, but if it helps with your energy issues and makes the diet easier for you to follow, I would definitely give it a shot.(I have had energy problems around mid afternoon, and if they continue, I think I will divide my dinner shake into 2 shakes and have one in the afternoon and then one at dinner time instead)

I like the quote from costijeir, but just for the fun of it lets update it to ?if you want to quit, in 5 weeks and 2 days you can?.

Keep going, we all want to see you win the bikini contest!

Yes KDR09 and all, every idea and suggestion has been helpful. I appreciate the encouragement!