Biotest

V-Diet: Is This Cheating?

I started the V-Diet 13 days ago and at the beginning of week 2 I just couldn’t drink more that 2 shakes a day. I asked a friend (who has done the V-Diet before) what I could do because I was gagging when I went to drink them. Now I was okay with just 2 shakes a day (flax and peanut butter) but that is less than 600 calories and totally not healthy especially because I still cycle to work and probably get more cardio doing regular activity than I should for V-Diet.

Anyway, my friend said I could
"make the protein powder into pancakes instead of shakes.
Add a little baking powder (or none, up to you), water, a little egg (or none at all), pour onto a medium hot skillet and make a pancake! it works! you can add cinnamon powder, ginger , cardamon, cloves etc to make a gingerbread version etc!

Or you can mix a little with a little egg and peanut butter and make protein cookies with that. it works!
or…replace the shake with another protein source, just make sure the calories are even.
eg. 140cal -ish - 2 whole eggs
110cal -ish - 1 100g tub of low fat cottage cheese , u can get these at any supermarket
1 serving of turkey spam
a handful of seafood - shrimp, scallop etc…

You have digital kitchen scales, so u can check…"
So I have been having a few eggs each day, and some cottage cheese(100g is 112 cal.,17.6 grams protein,1.5 carbs) I add water to the cottage cheese to thin it out. I don’t need the peanut butter, but am still eating at least 1 TBS a day. I also got soy milk to add to the Metabolic Drive. Is this okay? Am I totally screwing myself over?

I had to run with my students today…5.6km. I did it in 35 minutes. Not bad considering I’ve not been eating and haven’t run in ages.

If anyone could answer my Q’s. I’d be very appreciative!
the photo is of just before I started the VeDiet. I’ll post my end of week 1 photo next.

ok here’s the photo from the end of week 1.
by the way I’m 5’3". Started at 82.5 kg and am down to 79.5kg (almost at the end of week 2) my muscles are rock hard, have more definition; and I’m thinking this is why I haven’t lost more kgs. However, I’ve gone down 7 cm on my waist, 11cms on my lower belly,and 2cms on my butt.

And a few other q’s.
I’m on the plus 35lbs to lose formula.
Q1: How much can I expect to lose in 4 weeks? realistically?
I aim to get 1000ish calories everyday. Though it is usually less. I’m not using HOT-ROX…but I don’t get hungry.
Q2: I just read that if you haven’t used creatine before it is better not to start on the V-Diet…I hadn’t been using it before the V-Diet, but started on the V-Diet. Should I continue using it? Or drop it?
Thanks again!

I’m sorry, but you aren’t doing anything remotely like the Velocity Diet. I suggest you post in another section and read some of other other diet and nutrition articles.

Lots of info here to help you, but you just aren’t doing the diet this section is reserved for.

One quick bit of advice though: Regardless of the diet you choose, 1000 calories a day isn’t enough. You can actually STOP the fat burning process by consuming too little in some cases. Lots of info on this in our archives.

I see. According to the formula you have on the V-Diet page with my numbers plugged in I come out to 1086calories on non-training days. And 1303 cals on training days. Am I doing my math wrong? My starting weight was 180lbs or 82kgs…goal to lose 35+lb/14kg

So that had me drinking 4 scoops a day of Metabolic Drive with the flax and creatine. In addition to the shakes fish oil (3-9 gels) and BCAA.
Is that not the V-Diet?

So ignoring the 2 days that I couldn’t stomach the shakes, and the 2 days that I incorporated the eggs/cottage cheese and soy into the diet, Was I not doing the V-Diet?

[quote]jeshika wrote:
So ignoring the 2 days that I couldn’t stomach the shakes, and the 2 days that I incorporated the eggs/cottage cheese and soy into the diet, Was I not doing the V-Diet?
[/quote]

28 STRICT days of just shakes. ONE healthy solid meal ONCE a week. This diet is about discipline too. When you feel that urge to ‘gag’ tell yourself your not going to and choke the rest of it down. It’s not a pleasant experience, I know, but its the only way you’re going to ever see results. No substitutions, no tasting, no baking powder, no eggs, NO BS!

[quote]jeshika wrote:
I see. According to the formula you have on the V-Diet page with my numbers plugged in I come out to 1086calories on non-training days. And 1303 cals on training days. Am I doing my math wrong? My starting weight was 180lbs or 82kgs…goal to lose 35+lb/14kg

So that had me drinking 4 scoops a day of Metabolic Drive with the flax and creatine. In addition to the shakes fish oil (3-9 gels) and BCAA. Is that not the V-Diet?

[/quote]

Your math is off, your consuming to little calories a day. Also taking only 4 scoops of protein a day is just crazy, that is only 80g protein. You are most likely starving yourself.

[quote]Kurlie26 wrote:
28 STRICT days of just shakes. ONE healthy solid meal ONCE a week. This diet is about discipline too. When you feel that urge to ‘gag’ tell yourself your not going to and choke the rest of it down. It’s not a pleasant experience, I know, but its the only way you’re going to ever see results. No substitutions, no tasting, no baking powder, no eggs, NO BS! [/quote]

I likes you.

[quote]jeshika wrote:

So that had me drinking 4 scoops a day of Metabolic Drive with the flax and creatine. In addition to the shakes fish oil (3-9 gels) and BCAA.
Is that not the V-Diet?

[/quote]

I think you’re doing the math wrong. And 4 scoops? Holy hell. I think you’ll be wanting something like 6 shakes a day.

Math for the calories is right, math for the shakes is wrong. (Although personally, if I were that low on the 35+ formula, I’d just drop to the regular one!)

Using allenkt’s awesome spreadsheet I calculate 8 scoops of Metabolic Drive, 4 flax servings, 4 Flameout and 2 fiber choice tabs as the baseline, plus of course Surge on workout days.