Biotest

V-Diet is Kicking My Ass

this diet is kicking my ass. almost done day 3 right now and i have had a headache basically since last night. any tips besides headache medicine around the clock?

im not saying im throwing in the towel, but damn i feel like crap.

im not even having a big problem with hunger, just headaches and nausea throughout the day. ive used HOT-ROX Extreme before, didnt do this to me.

any help would be very appreciated.

Michelle's Log
Michelle's Log

I hear ya!
Headaches, nausea, gagging on the pills and shakes and for me hunger pangs are killer too.

For me, the fact that my boyfriend has helped me fund this little adventure has helped me push through the need to chew something solid.
As well, the hope that it gets better and that I make it to the hump is driving me through these last 3 days…

Good luck! Stay strong and just plug your nose and down those shakes as fast as you can!! :slight_smile:

Ugh I am on day 3 too and hating life. i am not hungery infact i feel so full it is making me nauseated and i have a huge headache since yesterday. I’m not quitting but just wondering when it will get better?

i’m on day 5 and did the workout today with the shakes and all and i was experiencing the same thing in the beginning.

What worked for me was watering down the shakes a bit to get some more water and continuously drinking water cause i haven’t stopped sweating with the HOT-ROX. that and i had to make my first solid meal a bit earlier then i wanted on day 4… just a salad and some chicken nothing big as i was so full from the shakes.

the only thing i will admit i cheated on was i went for a run and did the stairs by my oause instead of just a walk so may have been a bit more intense then recommended but it felt good

also just sleeping on time helped me out a lot as well.

speaking of which i should do that now.

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
this diet is kicking my ass. almost done day 3 right now and i have had a headache basically since last night. any tips besides headache medicine around the clock?

im not saying im throwing in the towel, but damn i feel like crap.

im not even having a big problem with hunger, just headaches and nausea throughout the day. ive used HOT-ROX Extreme before, didnt do this to me.

any help would be very appreciated.[/quote]

Dieting is no joke my man. the more extreme you make it the harder it will be.

but stay comitted ! it will clear up… ive read examples were it took people 9 days to get used to it. it also depends on the ammount of food you took in before that !

Atm i am on day 5 of a diet with food in it. and even i crave more food ! so its not only the V-Diet that makes you like this…

just remember if it was easy to get a that looked like you worked hard on it a lot more people would have it !

I’ve heard it said that 80% of headaches are from dehydration. Are you getting enough water? You can drink water on the V-Diet.

Honestly, I did the V-Diet a couple years ago, and am doing it again. Tons of water and don’t forget to add a little salt in. The first time I did the V-Diet, I was 2 weeks in, and the workout rocked…but afterwards, I felt so horrible I was minutes away from going to the ER. I listen to my bodies food cravings and all I could think about all day, before the workout, was anything salty. So, when I got home from the gym, feeling like refried crap, I ate 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt. One of the best things I’ve tasted in my life! Within a couple minutes, I started feeling better and within 15 minutes, I was back to feeling amazing.

This time around, I add a pinch of sea salt the the last shake of the day and I haven’t felt bad once…and again, I’m 2 weeks in. Admitted, last time, after figuring out it was a lack of salt in my diet, I was cheating and eating about 15 calories of pickles, one for something to chew and two for the salt. I tweaked the diet for me, but it worked…lost 30-35 lb. of fat and put on 10-15 lb. of muscle. This time, I’m used to the hungry feelings and my willpower is better for waiting for my HSM at the end of the week…usually after the V-Burn, as a goal/treat. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still a big guy, but stick with it…it resets your metabolism, your energy levels and honestly, you’re will to live and accomplish!

[quote]Duargon wrote:
Honestly, I did the V-Diet a couple years ago, and am doing it again. Tons of water and don’t forget to add a little salt in. The first time I did the V-Diet, I was 2 weeks in, and the workout rocked…but afterwards, I felt so horrible I was minutes away from going to the ER. I listen to my bodies food cravings and all I could think about all day, before the workout, was anything salty. So, when I got home from the gym, feeling like refried crap, I ate 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt. One of the best things I’ve tasted in my life! Within a couple minutes, I started feeling better and within 15 minutes, I was back to feeling amazing.

This time around, I add a pinch of sea salt the the last shake of the day and I haven’t felt bad once…and again, I’m 2 weeks in. Admitted, last time, after figuring out it was a lack of salt in my diet, I was cheating and eating about 15 calories of pickles, one for something to chew and two for the salt. I tweaked the diet for me, but it worked…lost 30-35 lb. of fat and put on 10-15 lb. of muscle. This time, I’m used to the hungry feelings and my willpower is better for waiting for my HSM at the end of the week…usually after the V-Burn, as a goal/treat. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still a big guy, but stick with it…it resets your metabolism, your energy levels and honestly, you’re will to live and accomplish![/quote]

The same thing happened to me the first time I did the V-Diet, except I discovered it by accident. I was feeling like major garbage, same symptoms as others (nausea, lethargy, headaches, lack of concentration and focus, etc.) but I figured that was just my body de-toxing. One day I was enjoying the final peanut-butter, chocolate MD shake and I said to myself “a little salt would really make this taste like a Reese’s PB cup.” Voila!! I felt immensely better. Sodium is a vital mineral for maintaining blood pressure, fluid balance, nervous system, etc. Especially now in the summer when you perspire more, low sodium levels in the blood is a real risk. Google Hyponatremia for more info.

[quote]RichSpidizzy wrote:

[quote]Duargon wrote:

This time around, I add a pinch of sea salt the the last shake of the day and I haven’t felt bad once…and again, I’m 2 weeks in. Admitted, last time, after figuring out it was a lack of salt in my diet, I was cheating and eating about 15 calories of pickles, one for something to chew and two for the salt. I tweaked the diet for me, but it worked…lost 30-35 lb. of fat and put on 10-15 lb. of muscle. This time, I’m used to the hungry feelings and my willpower is better for waiting for my HSM at the end of the week…usually after the V-Burn, as a goal/treat. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still a big guy, but stick with it…it resets your metabolism, your energy levels and honestly, you’re will to live and accomplish![/quote]

The same thing happened to me the first time I did the V-Diet, except I discovered it by accident. I was feeling like major garbage, same symptoms as others (nausea, lethargy, headaches, lack of concentration and focus, etc.) but I figured that was just my body de-toxing. One day I was enjoying the final peanut-butter, chocolate MD shake and I said to myself “a little salt would really make this taste like a Reese’s PB cup.” Voila!! I felt immensely better. Sodium is a vital mineral for maintaining blood pressure, fluid balance, nervous system, etc. Especially now in the summer when you perspire more, low sodium levels in the blood is a real risk. Google Hyponatremia for more info.[/quote]

Would it be okay if I add 1/4 teaspoon of salt into each protein shake? I do a lot of running, anywhere from 4-6 miles a day and I feel like it would help me. I started the v-diet today and I just came back from a run, and I only ran a 2 miles and my body completely gave out. I also workout and went biking today.

[quote]mystiqueskillz wrote:

Would it be okay if I add 1/4 teaspoon of salt into each protein shake? I do a lot of running, anywhere from 4-6 miles a day and I feel like it would help me. I started the v-diet today and I just came back from a run, and I only ran a 2 miles and my body completely gave out. I also workout and went biking today. [/quote]

There is no running on the V-Diet.

Please, do the diet, or don’t do the diet. But don’t do your own version of the diet then post all over this forum about the problems you’re having because of the changes you made. Follow the diet, as is, and you won’t have those issues.

Headaches? Try sleep. Are you getting enough?
7.5 hours SOLID is the minimum when restricting calories as much as the v-diet does. More is better, nothing like a nap to get rid of a headache in my experience.

p.s. the salt thing sounds good too