Biotest

V-Diet is a Go

Hey guys, I made the decision to start V- diet. I’m excited and nervous. I generally eat lean, but found it difficult in the deep fried panhandle of FL. Coming from a long time on the west coast, it’s been challenging to find healthy food options that dont involve cooking. My work schedule can be insane. 5am to sometimes after 8pm. I’m NOT a nurse, I teach a high risk curriculum for the military. This hinders my ability to cook timewise… as a result, I got a bit fluffier than I’m comfortable with. Im starting new orders at the end of the month, so I will be better inclined to make this work. I ordered v diet this morning. I have experience with clean eating as well as making it 9 days on the master cleanse diet. Day 10 escaped me after a run in with the law. Anyways, I’m super elxcited to begin and see my results. Please help me hold myself accountable. I Will post pics and progress once the V- diet package is delivered :slight_smile:

Kim's V-Diet Tracker

Welcome to the dark side. I have one week left of the diet. It will be nice to know somebody else is doing the diet out there. Are you beginning right when the supplements come?

Hopefully… I’m eating everything In my fridge this week; portabello mushrooms, plants from my garden, a few eggs, and some quinoa. Im deciding this move based on the timing of my new schedule and the down time between seeing my boyfriend who lives in another state. I just finished my associates degree this past weekend, so my brain will not be needed. As far as V diet itself, I remember the legarthy from the initial weeks of Paleo from the simple carb cutting. I think I’ll be ok because I assume that hunger wont ve a large issue doe to the shakes.being so filling. . I have 3 gyms at my disposal as well as a nice flat bike trail for the “off” times. I figure as long as I keep myself.busy, ill.be ok:). How are you feeling?

I am feeling really good on the diet. There have been moments in the first couple of weeks in which I was very tempted to cave. I started to chew cinnamon flavored gum if I have been having cravings, and they go away pretty quick.

The shakes definitely are filling. I like routine so I always have Choco/Vanilla/Superfood, Choco/Banana, Choco/Choco, HSM, then Choco/Strawberry.

Yeah, its convenient to have the routine and ease of a plan to follow; I’m sure will help. I took my pics in this morning…ugh. The FedEx email said the 21lb. package would be here this evening, so I’ll take my measurements tonight or tomorrow. Theres a service at my gym that uses a machine to measure body fat with electricity. I was thinking about scheduling that on Friday or Saturday to do a before and after analyzation… in the interest of science. That could be cool. I hoping my boyfriend appreciates it. He thinks I’m crazy for wanting to do this, but he isn’t here to see me turn into mr. Hyde, so he gets no say :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yea, I didn’t see the strawberry as an option when I placed my order. Was that included or was it an extra order?

It looks like it is out of stock right now. That’s probably why you weren’t given an option for it.

V- Diet start date: July 27, 2018
Neck: 13.5"
Shoulders: 26.5"
Bicep: 13.5"
Forearm" 10.5"
Rib cage: 34"
Waist: 31.5"
Hips: 36"
Lower hip: 39.5"
Upper thigh: 24.6"
Lower thigh: 19.3"
Calf: 14.3"

!

[20180726_062702|599x799](upload://rl8Sf4QHds7hgZ9oB9CBho66Juu.jpg

20180726_113604|599x799!

20180726_113528|600x800

!

20180726_180021|600x800

Good luck!

My pics didnt load last night…

Day 1 is almost done. The protein shakes aren’t filling. I found myself getting shaky & complaining to people who dont care. I fixed it by drinking more water. I’m not sure how my 3x a week physical therapy will affect my workouts, but it’s not hard. I live in a stilted house & hauled potting soil & large pots up and down the stairs when I got home. NEPA walk??? I’m making myself more busy to distract myself from wanting to stuff my face with noodles & chocolate. Looks like landscaping and a coloring book for me after my workout tomorrow.

My day:
0600: 1x plazma, 1x Hotrox & I take an herbal nootropic
0630: Friday workout:
Deadlift: 135 x 10,10/ 155 x 9, 6, 5
Push press: 65 x 10, 8,7,8,7
Bent over row: 30 x 8,8,8,8,8
Hand walk out from knees 10,10,10,10
0800: drove home to get my shake 2 scoops vanilla,
water, flame out, super food.
1030: physical therapy
1200: Vanilla shake & flame out
4:00: bananna shake & Flame out
4:30- 6pm: hauling pots and plants and repotting and
hauling stuff around. Not intense, but steady.
6:50: 5oz salmon broiled w/ fresh lime & tsp coconut
oil & dill (234 +130= 364)
1/2 cup Steamed sweet potato(90cals)
2 servingsnateamed fresh broccoli (45 x2=90)
Used the lime juice to taste for the veggies.
Total cals: 544. Oops :confused: when I cook, i always
Eat like this, only I dont weigh the fish or
measure out the veggies.
9:00: chocolate shake (I’ll skimp a bit because the cals were high on the food.) & flame out & my multi.

** I might need to mod some of the workout at some point, but I’ll still do it as close as I can. The Injuries are small hurdle, but nothing I’m unfamiliar with.
If I ever get the nerve up, I’ll type up a better blog. Fat fingering my smartphone gets frustrating.

Good.night, internet.

Day 2 down. Short of adding some electrolytes to my water, I’m within parameters. Dinner was the same as last night and the shakes I made with ice and 2 of them with unsweetened almond milk. I’m going to hop on my bike stand for an hour for the nepa. I did have a question on the morning. I get pretty hungry soon after that first shake. Feel sort of crappy. I try to down water to offset it, but it’s hard to focus. Finding myself struggling to stay focused. I take. Nootropic on weekdays though, so maybe that will help, but idk. What do nbn tou guys think?

Today is day 3. Not sure how often I’m supposed to be posting on here, but I’ve been doing a daily plus rant.
This weekend sucks because it’s a million degrees outside and its making me nauseous, but I’m good. Work does that to me sometimes, so its whatever.

8am- shake, Flameout, Superfood, 1 x HOT-ROX

9-12- walking & searching for specialty item. (Nepa walk?) sweaty bt noon

12- vanilla cinnamon shake & flame out, unsweet green tea

4- shake & Flameout- added teaspoon of chia seeds.

5-6:30, landscaping

7:15- 2 small baked chicken tenders with hot peppers from my garden & roasted red pepper w/minced garlic.(325) Medium Baked portabello mushroom (18) & green salad (40) with olive oil (100) fresh dill, vinegar, salt & pepper, 1 tablespoon craisins(130) Unsweetened kombucha tea (25)= 596 calories

Not too bad now that i ate. I only get a little anxious throughout the day which is why I added a couple chia seeds to a shake. I hope that’s ok. My skin is starting to look awesome and I feel a bit leaner when I wake up. I ordered a scale from amazon so I’ll be able to post day 8 weight progress. My starting pics and stats are on my vdiet is a go. If you have any input, please post. Thanks :slight_smile:

This morning, I felt awesome! I got in my Plazma @ 6:45, HOT-ROX Extreme, and herbal nootropic. Went to the gym
7am: dead lifts 135 × 10
155 x 8, 7, 6, 5, 4
Dumb bell bench press: 60 x 10
80× 9, 8, 7, 6
Lat pull down: 80 x 10
100 x 10
120 x 6, 6, 5, 3
Knee- hand walk: 10, 10, 10, 10

• I wear a belt for deadlifts because of my injury.
    8am: 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood tablespoon chia seeds, Flameout.
    1200: 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, Flameout.
    2pm- 3:45: physical therapy
    4pm: 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, Flameout.
    6pm: same dinner as last night. (I made 2 servings)
    9pm: 2 scoops Metabolic Drive
    I feel good, but weak. It’s not as bad with the chia seeds. I suppose I’m still adjusting. My skin looks awesome though. Anyone else have those same results?

These forums have been pretty quiet. Where did you find the forums? The main forums are at T-nation.com. There is a lot of activity there. I’ll be making a training log there now that my diet is over.

Great job so far!

I tried, but I think that the only place I can post is under Vdiet, so I will continue to do that. I cut the milk. I’m going to take out the chia seeds. My doctor(I work for) suggested taking plain organic fiber at night to help make me more regular. I’m not used to taking whey protein. It messes up my tummy quite a bit.

Day 5…
7am- plazma *** I only do one scoop, never more than that. I dont need it!!! And hot rox
7:15- workout
Reverse lunges: 60lb × 10, 8, 6, 6, 6, 4
Bent over rows: 35 x 10, 45 x 10, 55 x 8, 6, 6
Handstand push up x 10, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2
Curls: 40lb: 10, 8, 8, 8, 7
Reverse crunches: 10,10,10,10.
8am: vanilla 2 scoops and flame out
Noon: banana 2 scoops and flame oit
330pm: physical therapy
4pm- 2 scoops chocolate and flame out
530- Indigo
6pm- Dinner was salmon, salad, brussel sprouts- same as last night. So yummy
9pm- 1 scoop.chocolate, 1 scoop banana protein. Flame out. ** added 2 tablespoon raw fiber. ( doctors orders)
… I feel ok, still a bit edgy, but leaner overall. I feel more flexible and lighter. I’ll weigh myself tomorrow morning. Am is supposed to weigh morning of day 8 or 7? Thanks :slight_smile:

Today seemed easier during the day. Did 3 miles at 3.5mph on a 3.0 incline on the treadmill. The storms were pretty bad.
6:30- hot rox
7am- NEPA walk
8am- superfood, 2 scoops vanilla, flame oit.
Noon- 2 scoops bananna protein, flame out.
3:30- 2 scoops chocolate, flame 0ut
5pm: indigo
5:30- salmon, steamed cabbage, steamed carrots, 1/2 cup black rice.
9pm- 2 scoops chocolate, flame oit,… added teaspoon fiber to shake
The only strange thing is the evening shake was a strange craving for more fish. I drank water and made,

Yesterday was day 7. I woke up very sick feeling and bad cramping. I sweated through my pajamas… I did not work out, but I stuck to the diet, did physical therapy and my Nepa walk at work.
8am- got.up and 2 scoops shake with vitamins & FO
10am- physical therapy
12- 2 scoops shake and FO
2pm- nepa walk
3:30: 2 scoops & FO
6:45- stopped at whole foods- roasted zucchini (50 cals) baked white fish (120) 1/2 cup rice (100) salad (15) vinaigrette (100) kombucha drink (80) & i drank a 2nd one because it settled my stomach. (80)
640 cals… I had to shift my lift to tomorrow. At least I most stuck to the diet. Doc said it’s a 24 hour gastro thing that’s going around… should be good in am :slight_smile:

Aw, man- so far so good. Other than pushing my workout one day because I was sick friday, all is perfect. I feel good. The only issue is that I get cravings when I think about going out, but I’m staying in and cleaning and rearranging. I traded in my gas hog for another TDI and took on some more freelance work projects. The only hickup was yesterday. I left my Flameout at home, but remembered my shakes.

I picked up my V- challenge today (sunday), but again, I feel good. I did 6 rounds of intermediate in just under 30 mins (I stayed inside today) I also got some of that sugar free strawberry, coconut and peach. It’s a nice addition to my shakes. I

did weigh myself on day 8 and I was at 155lbs. I was 159 in the beginning. I have always had a hard time losing weight. I could get down to a size 2 and maintain 156/7lbs. This is new territory. I even did master cleanse (10 day water, cayenne pepper, grade b maple syrup and lemons) no food. I did it as a cleanse, but the point is that I lost less than 2 pounds in 10 days of no solid food.

Anyways… everything today was the same except my 3pm shake, I added half a teaspoon orange flavor from my plasma into vanilla and peach. I dont recommend doing that. It was too strong.

Dinner was slow cooked pork(200), the last of my cabbage and carrots (130) and half a serving of black rice (100) kombucha (45)
Yay- time to prep tomorrow