Biotest

V-Diet Going on!, Questions

Hi, thanks you first of all for coming in at this hour. I would like to start the diet tomorrow as I have pretty much everything ready.

Here are some numbers.

My Weight is 239 lbs, Height is 6’1, I am using the “I need to loose over 35 lb” formula, please bare with me as I might have made really stupid mistakes here and there.
Breaking down the Formula I have:

Non Workout Days
3316.8 x 0.5 = 1658.4 x 0.8 = 1326.72 Calories

Workout Days
3316.8 x 0.6 = 1990.1 x 0.8 = 1592.1 Calories

Q1: After every week are you suppose to re evaluate the formula as the weight possibly decreases ?

Q2: I have Brown Milled Flax Seeds, are they okay to use ?

Q3: The scoop that comes inside the protein container is that one serving ? like 100 caloires ? How much water do you guys put in 2 scoops ? I usually take 300 ml for 1 scoop!

Q4: On the Flameout bottle, it says that serving size is 4 capsules, does that man we get only 52 caloires from the capcules ? or is it 52 per capsule/ softgel.

so far I have writen down is that the best solution that I am looking at is

6 x 2 scoop Shakes plus 4 Flameout and 4 HOT-ROX, capsules a day. I am thinking that I will start with Shake plus Flameout and then in the second shake I will take 2 HOT-ROX.

Q5: When do you take the HOT-ROX ? Morning evening ? is it okay to take 4 HOT-ROX a day in 2 at a time form ?

Thanks for reading and helping. I appreaciate your help.

1: I think this was asked before and CS replied that you don’t have to, but you can if you want. I think for the difference in calories it will make (roughly 30 calories per 7 Ibs lost!) it’s not worth it.

2: should be fine, make sure you take into account the calories per serving and the amount of dietary fibre per serving as well. I advise getting a decent set of digital kitchen scales to weigh everything out.

3: the scoop method isn’t 100% accurate - best bet is that you weigh it with a decent set of scales.

4: 52 calories total for 4 tablets, i.e. 13 calories per tablet.

5: Take 2 in the morning, and 2 around lunchtime. If you’re new to them you may want to start with only 2 per day (1 morning, 1 lunch). If you take them much after 1pm then they may affect your sleep.

You need to factor in your natural peanut butter and Surge as well, with more shakes on a workout day.
I’m guessing at 200cals for a serving of natural peanut butter (can’t get the 99% stuff where I am :frowning: ) which would mean roughly 8 scoops on non-workout days and 7 scoops on work-out days (plus Surge, flax seed & peanut butter).

The easiest way I found is to make your own spreadsheet and play around with the numbers.

Just for the record… I’m using numbers based on need to lose <30… and I’m fiving starving all the time.

Might want to work out a plan for those numbers as well…

I literally started at the exact same weight as you.

I’m just 2-3" taller :wink:

Thanks for the helpful replies guys.

thanks for answering moeed’s questions. it helped. i also have one… i just started the V-Diet today. can we add Superfood to a Meatbolic Drive shake?

[quote]merhabagirl wrote:
thanks for answering moeed’s questions. it helped. i also have one… i just started the V-Diet today. can we add Superfood to a Metabolic Drive shake?

[/quote]

I assume ‘md’ stands for Metabolic Drive: Yes, you can mix it in with a shake. If ‘md’ stood for ‘mid-day’ in this case: I use Superfood in the morning, but it doesn’t matter when you use it.

Note that it significantly changes the taste of even a strong chocolate shake. Whether that change in taste is good or not is a personal decision.

To the original poster: Use Excel and make a spreadsheet with working formulas. It will make all your calculations easier, and adjusting calories will be as easy as changing one cell (your body weight) in the spreadsheet.

Here’s a screen shot of mine: http://www.theaao.com/pics/workout/vdiet.jpg

DOHCRAZY

Yes “MD” is for Metabolic Drive. Thank you for your reply and the heads up on changing the taste. I just started and the orange cream was not fun this morning so maybe super food will make it better.

Also, thanks for sharing your excel spreadsheet. great idea.

DOHCRAZY

Yes “MD” is for Metabolic Drive. Thank you for your reply and the heads up on changing the taste. I just started and the orange cream was not fun this morning so maybe super food will make it better.

Also, thanks for sharing your excel spreadsheet. great idea. [/quote]

Superfood will most likely not make the orange taste any better. I only use chocolate and vanilla, though orange is only flavor I have not tried. I can not imagine any possibility of orange tasting good. I prefer chocolate because it is more of a treat. I make my shakes in a shaker, and set them in the freezer for ~15 minutes right before I drink them.

I personally hate the way Superfood taste. Once I am back on solid food, I think I will incorporate it into solid foods instead.

okay guys so far for Today, non workout day I have this. Using a digital scale for precision.

09:00
1. 2 x 29g Chocolate Shake = 200 calories
2. 1 x 15g Milled Flax Seed = 90 calories
3. 2 x HOT-ROX
12:00
2. 2 x Flameout = 26 Calories
15:00
2. 2 x HOT-ROX
18:30
1. 2 x Flameout = 26 Calories
2. 2 x 29g Chocolate Shake = 200 calories
3. 1.5 x 15g Natural Peanut Butter = 130 Calories
22:00
1. 1 x 29g Chocolate Shake = 100 Calories
2. 1 x Flameout = 13 Calories

Does this look okay for a non workout Day ?
Thanks for replying.

Hey DOHCrazy I got a question for you, on your chart it says 5 x 29g Chocolate Shakes = 1000 Calories how is that possible considering 29g is only giving off 100 calories according to lable, Are you using 5 x 58g ?

moeeed sorry to keep hijacking your thread but how does the chocolate Metabolic Drive taste? my dumba** did not buy any chocolate because of bad experience with past “protein” type shakes.

well honestly it takes like Hot Chocolate but its not hot. I am surprised how awesome it tastes considering its a dietary suppliment.

[quote]Moeeed wrote:
Hey DOHCrazy I got a question for you, on your chart it says 5 x 29g Chocolate Shakes = 1000 Calories how is that possible considering 29g is only giving off 100 calories according to lable, Are you using 5 x 58g ?[/quote]

Yes, that was just a typo. Should be 5 x 58g shakes.

moeeed sorry to keep hijacking your thread but how does the chocolate md taste? my dumba** did not buy any chocolate because of bad experience with past “protein” type shakes.

[/quote]

Chocolate is the best out of the four flavors I have tasted.

DOHCrazy thanks for the quick reply.

What, no peanut butter?

Also, you’re only at 1145 calories there - 182 calories short. And I don’t think you’re taking in enough flax seed, you might want to double the helping for your fibre intake and to bring up your calories.

Just a point about brown flax seeds - they contain a lot more carbs than golden flaxseeds. Make sure you read the label and your sums are ok. Don’t want to go above 100 grams per day.

oh wait I have brown milled flax seeds …I will go to a food store today to look for golden flax seeds … Thanks for pointing that out and byt he way I so far only took 15g of flax seeds in the morning.

THanks

I just bought All Natural Peanut Butter, should I throw out the oil on top ?

Hey guys a few more questions, how much Peanut Butter is recommended for one day or at one time ? can I do a 350 to 400 calorie breakfast on the workout day and then take it easy the rest of the day ?