Biotest

V-Diet Going for Broke

Monday March 9 I’m going all out and finally getting rid of all the fat thats hanging around my stomach and back. Sunday i’ll be taking measurements and pictures and hopefully have them uploaded by monday evening after work.

I actually took my measurements myself last night, but i’m going to have my girlfriend measure me sunday night for a more accurate picture of things.

so here are some preliminary numbers to just give everyone an idea of where i’m standing and i’ll have some better stuff sunday night/monday evening.

Weight: 212
BF (estimated): 32%
Neck: 16 1/4 in
Arms: L 15 R 15
Waist at navel (also biggest around): 43 inches
Chest: 42in
Thighs: at largest: L 24 R 24.5
Calf: L 15 R 15
Ankle: L 10 R 10

Basically i’m tired of jiggling when i walk. it really pisses me off. I want abs. Theres a lot of shit that i want and this is the first step in improving my lifestyle and attaining those goals.

Id really appreciate any feedback people want to give me. The plan is to update this thing everyday once the diet starts.

forgot to mention specific goals.

my goal is to reach 175lbs. hard but i think its doable if i can stay on course and my girl doesnt kill me since more than likely i’ll be a bear to live with for a while.

go for it man, welcome. how tall are you?

Welcome aboard and be sure to keep us updated.

[quote]fenrisbane wrote:

my goal is to reach 175lbs.
[/quote]

Don’t worry so much about scale weight. It’s more about tape measurements, photos, and the mirror. Let that dictate goals, not just the numbers on a scale. There are 175 pounders who look very muscular and lean and 175 pounders who look soft and flabby. Neither should worry about scale weight.

I’m sure you knew this, I just felt like lecturing on that topic!

Good luck… but luck has nothing to do with it.

ooops i knew i was missing something 5’11

well i thought that i’d drop back in and throw in a quick bio now that i have a little bit of time on my hands.

I"m 23, and for the last 5 years i’ve been in the USAF, if any AF guys are in here i’m a GAC guy, Guidance and Control or Instrument and flight controls systems on C-130’s.

Anyway i’ve been working out on and off since high-school. sometimes i got into awesome shape, other times i didnt. For a lot of the time i was more interested in getting drunk and spending time with my friends than my personal well being.

Currently i’ve been working out for just a hair over a year straight. This is actually the first time that i’ve ever made working out a habit. If i miss my workout in the morning i feel like shit for the rest of the day and like a piece of crap.

I love it so much that i switched from doing four ten hour days and having a three day weekend (which was pretty gnarly) to five 8’s. just for that first hour of the day that i get to hit the gym.

In the last year i went from 240 and terrible shape and slowly made my way to here, 212 and in decent within standards shape. Nothing spectacular, but i can clearly see a progression in things.

For a few months now however i’ve hit a wall. I havent been keeping the same progress with things and have been feeling really crappy about my personal appearance. I’ve figured that my problem really lies in my diet. As they say abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym. But i really want to do something drastic to kick the sugar cravings to the curb and force me to be very critical of my meals.

Also to get rid of 30lbs of flub i’m carrying around. Enter V-Diet. i’m really stoked about it. My family is really against it but i told my girl that she needs to be supportive or dissapear for 6wks. So she decided to be helpful :slight_smile: she even got me a blender as an early B-day present:)

I’d also like to say one more thing before i call it quits tonight. I’ve been lurking this forum for a bit formulating and planning my diet and i keep seeing people ask the same question over and over again. “do i have to use Biotest Supps?” or some version of that. You guys need to realize that an incredible amount of work and money went into developing this program and paying the expert to lurk on this forum and give guys like me advice.

And the most amazing thing is that they arent asking for any type of compensation whatsoever in return for all that hard work and KNOWLEDGE! You got a workout program and a diet program for free. You want to use their experience i say use their shit.

If as much work went into developing their supps as it did in getting this program going then its got to be special magic powder in each jar. And I laid down my 6 bills to help keep this stuff free and hopefully convince the genius boys here churning out plans to help me make myself better…for free.

Just a thought i guess…
Take care everyone and i hope to be sharing a lot with you guys over the next 6 wks.

Beginning of Day 1.

took pictures and measurements last night…Measurements werent that different than the ones i posted last week. Pictures however really upset me. What i was telling myself i was seeing in the mirror completly did not show up on the pictures. I’m very dissapointed in myself. hopefully i’ll post them soon.

Workout today was really good, havent lifted weights in a while and instead have been doing bodyweight circuit training, but i havent been out of the gym so i went ahead with the Intermediate exercize program. Everything went smooth but i didnt feel exhausted when i left. That 30 second rest between sets really goes far in making this feel like i’m circuit training.

Now as i’m sitting here a half hour later drinking my breakfast my chest feels like rubber. overall i’m feeling great. will post more tonight for a better overview of how the day went

[quote]fenrisbane wrote:
Beginning of Day 1.

took pictures and measurements last night…Measurements werent that different than the ones i posted last week. Pictures however really upset me. What i was telling myself i was seeing in the mirror completly did not show up on the pictures. I’m very dissapointed in myself. hopefully i’ll post them soon.
[/quote]

post them! talk about motivation, every time you log in you’ll see the body you’re working so hard to change.

it is humbling, but you should really do it.

Day three and still going. really tired today. had problems sleeping last night and really went balls to the wall this morning for my workout. I was huffing and puffing and soaked when i finished today.

Day 1 went great, that night however i had some fucked up dreams about greek yogurt and blueberries. they were so vivid that i woke up thinking i had really broke my diet. thank god it was just a dream.

Day 2 went good, was tempted here and there but resisted at every turn. felt strong most of the day and just a little laggy in the evening before bed.

woke up this morning feeling great. had an awesome workout but now i’m dragging ass. but thats to be expected.

one problem. Surge Recovery original flavor. Are the other flavors like this shit? I could not choke this crap down at all. got half down and then it decided to come back up. Just plain horrible. If the other flavors are better please let me know and i’ll buy it. Until then does anyone know of a suitable alternative for right now?
i dont want to disrespect this stuff but original is just plain bad. Any reccomendations would be great

oh yeah forgot to mention that HOT-ROX and Flameout are hands down the most amazing stuff ever. i was spending a lot of money on pure crap that doesnt even compare to the pure awesomeness of these two supps

Day 5!

Doing really well so far, havent broken down or deviated in any way. Workout this morning was intense as hell, gonna finish out the workday and go for an hour long walk and enjoy myself.

I couldnt help but check the weight this morning. I started off at 213lbs, this morning (dehydrated) i weighed in at 203.5 i realize that this is mostly water but damn its good for the spirit and my confidence.

I have moments where i am kinda dizzy but i’m attributing that to the lack of carbs as i’m functioning fine and have plenty of strength and energy throughout the day.

i crave kobe steak and chipotle everyday. lol i really hope these cravings subside soon.

[quote]fenrisbane wrote:
one problem. Surge Recovery original flavor. Are the other flavors like this shit? I could not choke this crap down at all. got half down and then it decided to come back up. Just plain horrible. If the other flavors are better please let me know and i’ll buy it. Until then does anyone know of a suitable alternative for right now?
i dont want to disrespect this stuff but original is just plain bad. Any reccomendations would be great[/quote]

i bought 1 original and 1 chocolate. i almost threw up the original as well…soooo sweet. i haven’t tried it since.

the chocolate is still sweet, but much MUCH better. that’s what i’ve been using each time since the original sin.

[quote]jstirto wrote:
fenrisbane wrote:
Beginning of Day 1.

post them! talk about motivation, every time you log in you’ll see the body you’re working so hard to change.

it is humbling, but you should really do it.[/quote]

I agree about motivation. I started the same day as you, but waited to start my journal, I had a hard time getting my pictures to post, and I wanted my pictures to be the first thing I saw when I logged into my journal. If I do not see it everyday, then my preconceived idea of how I think my body looks takes over. Pictures are reality.

Check out my post and my fat ass! If I can do it - you can do it. In fact, my ass is the fattest thus far. Just Do It!!

Donna

just hopped on here to talk about my workout a little bit. The only tricky part of day 3 workout was the 40 pullups. here are the numbers. they arent great but i’m happy with them.

Deadlift:started at 35lbs not counting bar.
set 1: 9reps, 2: 9, 3: 9
i was still feeling really strong here so i went up to 45 on each side and this is where i started to feel like i hit my threshold. Set 4: 9reps and set 5 i eaked out 6 before i ran out of gumption.

Decline dumbell press: 50lbs; 9,9,9,9,9,4

Pull-up neutral grip: 6,5,4,4,3,3,3,3,3,3,3
i struggled doing this. had to completly stop at set 7 and go to hand walkouts and then come back and finish. I just absolutly did not have the physical strength to make a really good run at this.

Hand Walkout: 8,6,8,5,8,5
awesome core workout!