Biotest

V-Diet from 11% to 8%?

I am 6’4" about 255 following a very clean bulk sitting around 11 - 12% bodyfat. I have never been below 10% bodyfat and at this time I want to get to around 8% and hold that level, with the same muscle of course. At this stage, I can see my abs but they are not real sharp. I was thinking of doing the V-Diet for a few weeks to see if I can get there. A few questions…

1. Would the calorie guidelines work for me as I have less fat to lose than someone else who is the same weight, but with much more fat? I do not want to lose muscle at any cost.

2. Can I just do this diet for a few weeks and use the same transition off?

If you want to see my current conditioning, there are some pics in the rate my phisique section

Appreciate the advise of anyone else with similar goals that used the V-Diet.

Thanks

[quote]Tenp250 wrote:
I am 6’4" about 255 following a very clean bulk sitting around 11 - 12% bodyfat. I have never been below 10% bodyfat and at this time I want to get to around 8% and hold that level, with the same muscle of course. At this stage, I can see my abs but they are not real sharp. I was thinking of doing the V-Diet for a few weeks to see if I can get there. A few questions…

1. Would the calorie guidelines work for me as I have less fat to lose than someone else who is the same weight, but with much more fat? I do not want to lose muscle at any cost.

2. Can I just do this diet for a few weeks and use the same transition off?

If you want to see my current conditioning, there are some pics in the rate my phisique section

Appreciate the advise of anyone else with similar goals that used the V-Diet.

Thanks[/quote]

1. Yes, the calorie guidelines would be the same. You won’t lose muscle if you follow the plan closely. Yes, I realize there are a couple of people saying they lost muscle, but I also know they did an old version of the V-Diet that didn’t contain as many muscle-preservation components AND they didn’t follow the recommended training.

2. If you want the taste/habit/craving changes, then you must stay on the diet at least 3 weeks. That’s when those changes kick in. If not, then sure, you can go into Transition whenever you want.

as a former fast food addict, I finished the V-Diet in may, and am still disgusted by the thought of mcdonalds, if you want some insight on the craving changes. Driving by those places, and hearing the ads on the radio(holy shit I never noticed how many there were until I wanted to kill myself every time I heard one) was hell while on the diet though!

Have any bodybuilders used this diet to cut?

Nicky_Boy28 did it as part of contest prep.

I guess that I am a little worried as the diet calories are less than 40 to 50 percent of what I normally consume and I try to eat about 500 cals or so above maintenance given my activity level. The V-Diet lifting program is substantially less than normal activity level for me. It seems counterintututuve to decrease both activity and calories to this extent in a fairly disciplined and advanced lifter. Is it possible to add a shake or two and maintain my current strength program which is much. More taxing than the program outlined?

Thanks

Bumping this up in the hopes for a reply from Mr Shugart. I know that the V-Diet as laid out works the best for most people, however does it make any sense to bump up both calories by adding a shake or two with increased activity/training only in more advanced people. Why or why not? Thanks

Dan John did the V-Diet with the recommended calories. He’s a big dude with, I imagine, an incredible work capacity. Why not try the recommended training program?