Biotest

V-Diet for Obese

how would a velocity diet work for someone who is obese, i think im going to recommend it to one of my trainees, shes 365 lbs, 30 yrs old, morbid obesity.

First, just about any diet plan and exercise program will work for the truly obese. I’d rather see her eat well for a few months, get some movement, drop 65 pounds or so, then think about the V-Diet using the lose-over-35-pound formula.

Really, all she’d have to do now is 1) exercise/move every day and 2) keep carbs at 100g per day. No other rules… yet.

that sounds great chris, shes having a lot of trouble. i might accept her as a client at the studio we just oepned up in kennett square. i mean shes exercizing about 2 hours per day, and i saw some biggest loser people doing close to 5-7 hour sof exercize with breaks.

Can you give me som leads for reserach? such as links n such. anything would be apperciated

[quote]T-Beast wrote:
that sounds great chris, shes having a lot of trouble. i might accept her as a client at the studio we just oepned up in kennett square. i mean shes exercizing about 2 hours per day, and i saw some biggest loser people doing close to 5-7 hour sof exercize with breaks.

Can you give me som leads for reserach? such as links n such. anything would be apperciated [/quote]

For starters, remember that the morbidly obese basically have mental problems. Sounds harsh, but it’s true. It’s not a lack of knowledge, it’s an inability to apply what they know and stop doing the things that are killing them. It takes much more than just exercise and diet.

Look into the concept of Mindful Eating. I wrote a bit about it in this article:

Next, the 4 Stages of Mental Mastery info may come in handy:

Finally, keep in mind that you could train her 4 hours a day and that won’t stop her from going home and eating 20,000 calories of ice cream. The mental issues and addictions have to be cured too. Very tough stuff for a trainer to deal with.

The V-Diet can certainly help her get back into control, but she may not be ready just yet.

ok sounds good. yeah shes a depressive overeater and i just have no was of knowing what shes doing at home, from what she says to me shes not eating too much, jsut as i prescribed which is just simple good eating habits. what is overtraining for this obese population of people. as long as good stuff is put back with proper nutrition. would training 4-6 hours per day be overtraining?