Biotest

V-Diet for my Upcoming Wedding

Sup guys,

Long time reader, just started posting. I will be getting married late November and I want to get in the best shape of my life. I just received all my supplements this weekend and will be begininng my V-journey today.

Just a couple quick questions.
1.) Before I do my workout, I have to have a shake meal right? So if I want to get in a workout in the afternoon, I will take my lunch Shake meal, then proceed to the gym?

2.) Can I subsitute some excercises in the V-workout? Such as changing ab-rollouts for Hang cleans?

Thanks guys! Looking forward to the next 28 days.

Also another question. I am 180 pounds and the diet recommends 1485 calories on non-workout days, and 1,815 calories on workout days. How do I change up my shake regiment to meet this calorie guideline. I am taking 5 shakes a day with 2 scoops of Metabolic Drive and the normal supplements (i.e. Superfood, Flameout, leucine, etc).

Thanks!

Welcome aboard and congrats on the upcoming wedding I’ll do my best to answer your questions…
1)You don’t necessarly need to have a shake right before going to the gym, just spread out your five shakes throughout the day.

2)I’d say don’t sub out any excercised do the entire workout to the letter grab a stopwatch to time rest periods (note that they get shorter each week)

1. The difference in cal’s comes from the Surge Recovery that you take after your workout (or some people like to drink half during and half right after) no Surger after the weekend v-burn challenge or NEPA

1. You may not want to train right after drinking a big shake. Not like 5 minutes after at least. Give it some time to digest.

2. For best results, stick to the program.

3. For best results, stick to the program.

It’s all outlined for you, no need to change it.

Awesome appreciate the responses, was just about to post that I figured out the difference was the Surge recovery drink.

I will be sticking with the program. I want to get my deadlift and squat up, so I was trying to think of any additions to the workouts prescribed to benefit this. But if not , I am fine with sticking with the training program to a T.

Thanks guys!

I was wondering would it be detrimental if I threw in these excercises to complement Chad’s workout plan?

Workout 1:

A) Squat â?? 3 x 5
B) Bench Press â?? 3 x 5
C) Deadlift â?? 1 x 5

Workout 2:

A) Squat â?? 3 x 5
B) Press (Overhead press) â?? 3 x 5
C) *Power Clean â?? 5 x 3

I would rotate workout 1,2,1. Then 2,1,2. On Mon, wed, fri. This is in addition to the other prescribed excercises.

You won’t be getting enough cal’s to fule all that training. stick to the plan, then switch to the other one.

Gotcha, thanks Nate.

Finished Workout for Day 1.

Bent-over barbell row (underhand grip) 5X4 @ 185lbs
Overhead Squat 4X5 @ 95 lbs
Dips 4x5 @ 45 lbs
Ab Wheel roll out 4X5

Had a little trouble with the overhead squat, 1st time doing these, sometimes I would wobble back and get a bit off-balanced. All-in-all, a solid workout, felt like I could have been pushed a bit harder though.

Good luck on your V-Diet! I felt that I wasn’t being pushed very hard either, then I realized I was not pushing myself quite the way it was intended. Chris has said a few times around here that if you are working the 4-5 RM/20 Rep day, and doing it 4 x 5 (or 5 x 4), then you are not going heavy enough.

You should be able to just barely do 4-5 on the first set (maybe the second), and if you are sticking to the rest period seriously, it should drop from there.

Right, gonna start upping the weight on my next 20 rep day. Wow, the Surge original flavor is delicious. Here is a summary of my nutrition for today:

5 Shakes: Total of 10 scoops of Metabolic Drive, 3 scoops of Leucine, 4 scoops of Superfood.
5 Flameout
1 scoop of natural peanut butter
2 tablets of Fiber Choice

Only got 30 minutes of NEPA today though.

Day 1 Front Pic:

Day 1: Side Pic

Day 1: Back Pic

Just finished my daily NEPA. Got on the treadmill at 4 mph at a 2.0 incline. Got 2.5 miles in, and worked up a decent sweat. Am I pushing my NEPA too hard or is this ok?

Just push as hard as you can in the gym for the three main weight sessions. The idea for the NEPA is just to get out and move around, not to turn it into another workout. By all means still make it a brisk walk or bikeride or whatever you choose, just don’t turn it into another workout :wink:

Here’s a post from Mark’s Daily Apple on what he calls “chronic cardio”

Thanks Nate.

Finished day 2. Haven’t had any crazy cravings yet. Got 1 hour of NEPA in, looking forward to working hard in the gym tomorrow.

Just wanted to update you guys on my starting stats:

Height: 5’8
Weight: 180
Neck: 15 1/4
Shoulders: 48
Chest Upper:42
Chest Lower: 38 1/2
Navel: 34 1/2
Hips: 36
Thigh: 23 1/2
Calf: 15 3/4
Bicep Left: 15 1/4
Bicep Right: 15 1/2

Just a quick question. Do I take Surge after my V-Burn challenge workout?

nope, just after the three main weight sessions, i usually had one of my regular shakes after (not an extra one though)

Gotcha, thanks. So on HSM day, one of the shakes get replaced by the meal right?

Here is my finished workout today:
Pull-up: Bodyweight: 8/7/5/5/5/5/5
Incline Dumbell Bench press: 75 lbs: 9/6/5/5/4/4/3
Romanian Deadlift: 225 lbs: 9/8/6/6/6/5
Barbell Curl: 75 lbs: 8/7/5/5/5/4/3/3
Hanging Leg Raise: 8/8/8/8/8