Biotest

V-Diet for Me?

HI,

I submitted my stats in the calculator and it said I am out of the range.

I am 6’2", 372lbs. At this weight would I be able to try the V-Diet?

Thanks,

The V-Diet is not for someone who needs to lose that much weight, but there are plenty of articles here on TNation with plans that would work well to get you started. Look into “The 100 Gram Carb Cure.” Here’s the link: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/one_hundred_gram_carb_cure

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
The V-Diet is not for someone who needs to lose that much weight, but there are plenty of articles here on TNation with plans that would work well to get you started. Look into “The 100 Gram Carb Cure.” Here’s the link: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/one_hundred_gram_carb_cure[/quote]

I’ll echo what Chris has said. Start with the 100 gram carb cure (it’s really simple), cut out the sugar and the junk foods, immediately ditch the wheat or take baby steps, but you’ll feel better for it.

Work on getting some body fat off until you are able to do the V-Diet then re-evaluate if it fits your goals or not.

Find a sensible workout plan as well. Something that you can do without killing yourself and putting you out of the gym for a few days.

Most importantly don’t give in, keep at it and you will do well.

Is the V-Diet good for a female who does NOT want to have the bodybuilder physique? I’m looking more for figure athlete/fitness model.

If you don’t want the bodybuilder physique, don’t use steroids. That doesn’t happen easily, accidentally, or naturally.

Several figure and bikini competitors have used the V-Diet, and our log area here is full of female transformations.

awesome… i was also looking at the indigo project and i know you just said steroids=bodybuilder physique, but it seems like everyone on that forum is a dude who’s looking to be gigantic.

[quote]ahtri18 wrote:
awesome… i was also looking at the indigo project and i know you just said steroids=bodybuilder physique, but it seems like everyone on that forum is a dude who’s looking to be gigantic. [/quote]

key word being dudes.

Men have naturally higher testosteron production( you know this I am shure, so I am being captain obvious ) and therefor we can build more muscle than females without steriods. Add to that, that they are using indigo, other top off the line suppliments, they are coached by
CT and CS and as far as I know they are very dedicated. So all those factors = big dudes.

so, again if i were to take Indigo i would not be in trouble of looking huge. i’m completely aware that a girls potential to look like a bodybuilder is really hard to accomplish, but i guess the way Indigo is advertised it makes it seem like it’s just a snap of the fingers and you are there.

because i’m so unfamiliar with it i’m cautious to take it to get to MY goal of sexy figure model. i guess i would just not be carb-loading if i took it?

it seems like a supplement you have to really be careful with in regards to what you eat while you take it because it could give you the opposite of what you’re looking for if your diet isn’t just right.

For now, the V-Diet and the Indigo program are not for you. You need to learn more about diet and training. Plenty of free articles and programs available here at TNation.

well right now i’m heavy into powerlifting and i’ve been trying to just keep a clean diet. fasting cardio to start out my day and instead i did tabata this morning. this is more of a next step for me to shed the extra fat that’s proving to be unusually hard for me to lose.

everyone is giving me the same advice on what i’m already doing, so that’s why i was curious about these 2 things- just curious, why would you say it isn’t for me right now?

Have you checked out the logs of our female Indigo users and V-Dieters? Or watched the Indigo videos in the Live Coaching areas?

No she-women there. They’re just leaner, able to handle carbs and food in general better, able to train harder, and building lean sexy muscle.

Also, what foods to you eat?

Everytime I try to look at some indigo pictures or logs on here it says I’m not authorized because I’m not part of the project :(. I checked out the logs for V-Diet and it all looks so awesome and everyone is super positive about it so I’m tempted to say fuck the bank account and rock out with velocity.

Right now my food consists of oats and 1 whole egg with 2 whites for breakfast post fasting cardio/Tabata, then I has 2-3 whey shakes throughout the day, forbidden black rice once a day, some sort of whole and clean protein like tuna, chicken, lean beef or turkey. I have to have about 2 pieces of super dark chocolate (at least 85% cacao) a day. That’s basically it.

Not bad food choices.

The V-Diet is mainly for rapid fat loss while retaining all muscle. So that sounds like it’s right up your alley.

You should be able to view all the Indigo logs and Live Coaching Labs. You can’t post in the log area yet though until you purchase Indigo, and the training programs are only viewable to those who bought it. But you should be able to view everything else. Not sure what’s up there.

True. Would you recommend the V-Diet and then Indigo after that’s over? It seems like once the fat is gone my body will still need to relearn how to deal with whole foods to keep my body in that transformed state.

You can do it either way, but I don’t recommend doing the V-Diet and taking Indigo at the same time. Indigo-3G needs more carbs than the V-Diety provides.

You can think of the V-Diet as a strict “quick start” to your body composition goals. 28 days to drop a quick 10 to 20 pounds (depends on how much one has to lose), keep all your hard-earned muscle, then transition into eating more clean carbs with Indigo to “put them to work” so to speak rather than storing them as body fat.

What are your stats right now, height, weight, etc? Are we talking about needing to drop that last pesky 5 pounds of fat or 50?

I’m 5’3" at 128lbs, but I was going to check my bf composition when i got back to school to see how much of it is actually fat. I wanna drop maybe 10lbs. When I started powerlifting I was around 110lb and most of what I gained I think is muscle, but I know I have a nice layer of fat to lose.

The V-Diet should fit you well then.

Awesome! Thanks for your patience and advice- greatly appreciated!