Biotest

V-Diet for a HawaIi Honeymoon

I have been lurking on this site for about two years now and have finally decided to take the plunge. It is funny how the threat of 10 days in Hawaii will get my ass to take some action. I was a serious lifter, even considering competition as a number of my lifting partners were doing. But that was 20 years ago and a major fall destroyed my back. After physical therapy ended my ego kept me from hitting the gym,as I could not handle anyone seeing me struggle to push a bar.

At 40 years old my life has provided me many excuses to never make the journey back to any form of exercise except a little recreational sports that was truly just a excuse to drink beer and eat pizza with friends on a Sunday night. On July 28th I am marrying an incredible woman who is 10 years younger than me. While we have taken many vacations with beaches and pools, these honeymoon pics will probably be shown to family for years to come. I am dedicated to getting my self into respectable shape and looking good for all of the Hawaiian pics.

I have to admit I have packed on about 5 pounds the last week as I engorged myself with lots of southeastern Texas food! That has made this first day difficult as I have craved many things. But happily I can say I was never hungry. I am lucky that my soon to be wife decided to go on this journey with me. Although I have been unable to convince her to do a picture diary, she is keeping a log that I may include at the end of the program.

Here are my current measurements:
Height - 70
Weight - 205.9 pounds
BF% 19.4%
Neck - 18
Shoulders - 49.5
Chest Upper - 45.25
Chest Lower - 44.25
Waist at Navel - 41.75
Waist at Largest - 41.75
Upper Arm L - 14.625
Upper Arm R - 15.875
Upper Leg L - 21.5
Upper Leg R - 22.25
Lower Leg L - 15
Lower Leg R - 15.5
Ankle L - 9.25
Ankle R - 9.5

I trust that sharing this journey will help me along the path, but more importantly I hope to provide some encouragement to another lurker and help him or her take the plunge. I plan on posting daily to this forum and will be following up tomorrow with my before pics. I am sure a little shame will help in the upcoming weeks, but not more than the daily encouragement I see posted by fellow (finally) V-Dieters.

Don Hulen

It sounds like you and I have a lot of things in common. You have inspired me to get back to the gym and get my life backā€¦