Biotest

V-Diet for 285lb Male?

Hey,

I’ve been lurking on t nation for a while now. My experience in the gym has been off and on since high school. I have never really be fit, I guess I have been fat strong. I was in relationship a few years ago that was bad for my health and very bad emotionally. I was probably close to 360lb. I’m happy that I’m currently at 285lb. Feeling happier and healthier but still know that I more work to do.

I hit the gym hard about 4 days a week. I don’t really follow a program. I like doing 5x5 and the major exercises I do are clean and press, squats, db press, deadlifts, standing military press, then some biceps and triceps. I go to a small local gym so I do whatever is available.

I’m 6’ 285
Here are some of my current lifts
Squat 350 5x5
Db press with 90lb dbs 5x5
Bench 225 5x5
Deadlifts 375 5x5
Standing Military 135 5x5

So I’ve made progress watching crabs, eating healthy fats, and sucking down protein shakes.

I’m really tired of being fat and just want to be fit. I’ve substituted meals, with protein shakes and have been successful. I Just would like to know if the V-Diet is for me or should I keep doing what I’m doing, until 265lb

Any advice would be great.

Thank you.

Sometimes, if a person is a statistical outlier, like he’s 6’ 7", then I may recommend he “lie” to the V-Diet calculator and just type 265 into it and do the plan.

However, most males should wait until they’re down to 265 before doing the V-Diet. For them I recommend the <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/one_hundred_gram_carb_cure"target=“new”>100 Gram Carb Cure or similar to reach 265.