Biotest

V-Diet, First Time Around

The first shake this morning was tough.

Doing the lunch one now. It is going down even slower.

Took pics, but they are at home. Will post later.

This morning, I was 195.2 lbs on my digital scale.

Checked my % body fat with a caliper and am sitting at 27.5%. haha that is kinda chubby.

I don’t know if I can drink 5 shakes a day!

If you are in a mind set of this, you’ll never finish. You have to KNOW you can drink five shakes a day, follow the supplements on the website exactly and you’ll find that sticking to the diet is just a routine, it becomes easy.

I agree, if you think you can’t, you won’t… I am on the last shake of day one… every night I will mentally celebrate my success… :0)

[quote]jackielynn wrote:
I agree, if you think you can’t, you won’t… I am on the last shake of day one… every night I will mentally celebrate my success… :0)[/quote]

Peanut butter is an awesome way to celebrate

[quote]Higgins wrote:
If you are in a mind set of this, you’ll never finish. You have to KNOW you can drink five shakes a day, follow the supplements on the website exactly and you’ll find that sticking to the diet is just a routine, it becomes easy.
[/quote]

looks like Higgins nailed it. OP has 1 post and has never returned. Why doesn’t anyone finish the V-Diet anymore? I only remember one person quitting when I did it last year.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Higgins wrote:
[/quote]

looks like Higgins nailed it. OP has 1 post and has never returned. Why doesn’t anyone finish the V-Diet anymore? I only remember one person quitting when I did it last year.[/quote]

Maybe a lot of people that do it don’t even start logs. Honestly, I think the bigger problem is a lot of people that start this really aren’t that strong willed or prepared to begin with.

I am just judging by the number of abandoned logs on the first page of the training logs forum. Not to get all nostalgic and shit, but this time last year, if you didn’t post for a couple days, your log would be bumped down to page 2 or 3. I just find it odd that it’s changed this month in a year, especially considering how well this diet works.

And I completely agree that a lot of people starting it just have no will power. I just don’t understand why it is so different this time around.

Regardless, lets do it.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
I am just judging by the number of abandoned logs on the first page of the training logs forum. Not to get all nostalgic and shit, but this time last year, if you didn’t post for a couple days, your log would be bumped down to page 2 or 3. I just find it odd that it’s changed this month in a year, especially considering how well this diet works.

And I completely agree that a lot of people starting it just have no will power. I just don’t understand why it is so different this time around.

Regardless, lets do it.[/quote]

Nostalgia aside, the truth can’t be denied. Aside from all of those vanishing into thin air, there are a lot of untrained people out there who think this is the only way to cut fat, when in reality I bet if they simply consistently worked out, they would see immediate results. Hence their already existing lack of willpower to commit to any type of physical activity. Instead people who have never lifted weights before, nor have any significant athletic background (i.e. playing more than 1 highly competitive, physically demanding sport) are finding this as the latest craze. It’s not.

Yeah, the 28+14 days will yield some good results, but how many of those untrained people continue working out and eating relatively healthy even 3 months after they finish the diet? Look, I know you think you shit rainbows and whatnot, but you fall into that first category of having a significant athletic background - thus you fall from your norm was not in doing the Vdiet, but actually in NOT working out for a few years. The fact is, that like any other diet, if you go back to eating even half as poorly as you did before, you are going to get right back to where you were.

IMO, if it bears any weight, people worthy of the V-Diet stop coming to the forum to post because the camaraderie amongst those that do any type of lifting is not here. Or maybe it was the other way around - proximate cause unknown. I know I’m not the strongest chick ever, but even my mildly higher than men’s lifting numbers proves my point.

Not to mention, I see so many people complaining about how bad the shakes taste and how much they want to puke every time they drink one. Call me a bitch if you’d like, but I really don’t want to provide encouragement to someone complaining all the time - I liken it to reassuring the anorexic girl calling herself fat, that she is in fact, not fat at all…

/rant

@Polsen:

Excellent post! I felt slapped in the face with it, but nevertheless agree with you 110% (one does need a slappin’ every now and then, don’t you agree?)

Diets, generally speaking, and taking away the science/research behind each one, rely pretty much on being disciplined. BTW, I loved reading all the Bonus Articles for V-Dieters posted by Chris Shugart.

From one of his articles (The 4 Stages of Mental Mastery), I consider myself on Stage Two (Conscious Incompetence). I mean, I’ve read a lot, invest in books, protein shakes, vitamins, yet lack the self-discipline required to achieve great goals! Yes, I’m a father and a husband, but I won’t excuse myself for that.

This time I’m engaged to my goals, I will commit until I succeed I kid you not! I’ve had it with my own complaining, and mostly with doing nothing about it. This time I’m pissed off at myself for being such a lazy whimp!

[quote]ltabora wrote:
@Polsen:

Excellent post! I felt slapped in the face with it, but nevertheless agree with you 110% (one does need a slappin’ every now and then, don’t you agree?)

Diets, generally speaking, and taking away the science/research behind each one, rely pretty much on being disciplined. BTW, I loved reading all the Bonus Articles for V-Dieters posted by Chris Shugart.

From one of his articles (The 4 Stages of Mental Mastery), I consider myself on Stage Two (Conscious Incompetence). I mean, I’ve read a lot, invest in books, protein shakes, vitamins, yet lack the self-discipline required to achieve great goals! Yes, I’m a father and a husband, but I won’t excuse myself for that.

This time I’m engaged to my goals, I will commit until I succeed I kid you not! I’ve had it with my own complaining, and mostly with doing nothing about it. This time I’m pissed off at myself for being such a lazy whimp![/quote]

Haha, yes I agree, we all need to be slapped every now and then - myself included. Nate (VTBalla) pretty much had to slap me to make me realize how strong I was and that I could actually compete in PLing if I put a bit more effort in. And I’m sure he’ll have to slap me through some of my lifts.

But thanks for not getting offended! And I’m glad you read through everything that has been posted because my other big pet peeve is when people ask questions that have already been asked because they are too lazy to read through shit. If one more person asks if Surge should be drank after VBurn, they are going to hear a piece of my mind.