Biotest

V-Diet Day 3

My name is Lisa, 41 years of age (soon to be 42) and a mother of 2 (ages 7 & 5). I have found the diet logs to be hugely motivational and thought it only fair I log too! Started the V-Diet at 139lbs and this morning weighed in at 134! 5 lbs in 2 days (however this is all water weight). I find that during the day is a breeze…however when about 7pm hits!! Man, oh man! – It is everything I’ve got not to raid the pantry.

I have found that saving my last shake until after 7pm to be extremely helpful in staving off these cravings. Fingers crossed I can keep with it! I’ll post before photos soon. For anyone who has completed the 28 days, my biggest concern is gaining it all back and then some. What has been your experiences?

Hey lisa! I am the opposite of you and find the days harder than the nights. I so LOVE that peanut butter shake that i actually get excited for that one. I am a stay at home mom during the day and find it hard to have playdates with friends because it always seems like they want to go to McDs or the DQ, even before I started this diet I just don’t want to eat those things, but it is hard to say why when those other moms don’t care at all about what they eat. That is going to be the hardest part about these 28 days for me.

I also worry about afterwards, and gaining the weight back. I think that we have to find the right eating plan/workout plan for afterwards to stick with it.

Hey JJohn! LOL. Have you read the Eat Clean book by Tosca Rena? I’m thinking that’ll be the route I go when all of this is said and done. Good Luck to you!

RE: gaining weight back,

If you transition of over the course of two weeks with HSM’s then you’ll be fine. Do the transition right and keep training hard. I’ve used this with a bunch of my clients and myself and everyone one who thinks of the diet as a beginning to a larger plan does well. everyone who sees it as a 28 day solution fails terribly. Decide now.

Also, Re: Eat Clean Diet book,

If you got this way you will likely not be able to maintain a high metabolism and good hormones [very importantin females]. Also the more complex a diet is the most likely you are to not benefit from it. If it takes a book as big as the eat clean book then it will likely not be easy for you to maintain. The best diet is a simple one. For example the diet most of my overweight clients do well on [male and female] is “The Two Rule Diet.” Ill write the details below.

2 rules
Only eat:

1] Things that have parents

2] Green Plants

If you obey those two rules after the Vdiet you will have eternal success at staying at a good body composition.

-chris

Thank you so much, Chris!! I wasn’t planning the “eat clean book” (which I’ve never read by the way) but rather the concept of eating clean. Lots of protein, 5-6 small meals per day. To give you a bit of history, I’ve been working out with a PT since January. I’m 133 lbs today and am at 18% body fat. The 24 lbs of fat I’m carrying around sits all in my ass and thighs.

My trainer suggested this diet to blast the fat cuz nothing we were doing was working. No amount of squats or lunges has made much of a difference. As for the hormones, the PT and his boss are now thinking it could be an estrogen problem. Any thoughts on this?

BTW – Your rules have been my way of life (for the most part) since Sept, 2009…until now of course.

[quote]Avocado wrote:
RE: gaining weight back,

If you transition of over the course of two weeks with HSM’s then you’ll be fine. Do the transition right and keep training hard. I’ve used this with a bunch of my clients and myself and everyone one who thinks of the diet as a beginning to a larger plan does well. everyone who sees it as a 28 day solution fails terribly. Decide now.

Also, Re: Eat Clean Diet book,

If you got this way you will likely not be able to maintain a high metabolism and good hormones [very importantin females]. Also the more complex a diet is the most likely you are to not benefit from it. If it takes a book as big as the eat clean book then it will likely not be easy for you to maintain. The best diet is a simple one. For example the diet most of my overweight clients do well on [male and female] is “The Two Rule Diet.” Ill write the details below.

2 rules
Only eat:

1] Things that have parents

2] Green Plants

If you obey those two rules after the Vdiet you will have eternal success at staying at a good body composition.

-chris[/quote]
Thank you so much, Chris!! I wasn’t planning the “eat clean book” (which I’ve never read by the way) but rather the concept of eating clean. Lots of protein, 5-6 small meals per day. To give you a bit of history, I’ve been working out with a PT since January. I’m 133 lbs today and am at 18% body fat. The 24 lbs of fat I’m carrying around sits all in my ass and thighs. My trainer suggested this diet to blast the fat cuz nothing we were doing was working. No amount of squats or lunges has made much of a difference. As for the hormones, the PT and his boss are now thinking it could be an estrogen problem. Any thoughts on this?

BTW – Your rules have been my way of life (for the most part) since Sept, 2009…until now of course.

How much fat [% of cals wise] Were you eating previously? I find Females with hormonal issues aren’t eating enough fat. I Like to use a Mauro DiPasqual Approach with women and feed them a bit extra saturated fat in the form of coconut oil, bacon, and beef etc. during the week.

Also, Getting below 18% BF for a female with less than 1 year of dedicated training is going to be tough. Basically the key to the fat below the 18% mark is to get your metabolism UP. So the most important thing at this juncture [or the juncture after the Vdiet] is to focus on getting all your 5 Rep Maxes up and getting as much lean tissue onto you as possible. The extra lean tissue will change your hormone ratios in your favor and getting past that 18% mark will be much easier.

So once the Vdiet is over really try to keep the same amount of protein in your diet and get at least a pound of veggies [not as much as it sounds] in a day along with lots of fat from meat. Then focus on your big main lifts like squats, Deadlifts and mil/bench press/chins/dips and get that tissue up. Hill sprint at least once / week.

Then after your first 18 months or so of training you will be much more in control of your body composition.

-chris

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.