Biotest

V Diet, Day 1

@ ttombobadly I appreciate the response and feedback, nice to hear from others doing the V-Diet.

When I started I was a bit discouraged as most of the posts I read didn’t have more than 6-10 total posts. Not sure if they stopped the diet or just weren’t posting, but it was not the most encouraging to see. It did motivate me to post daily and try to be as real and honest and open about my progress.

So far I have not dropped much weight, started at 180lbs and am staying steady at 176.8lbs. There are however some body composition changes, I’m seeing some definition across the board. I just did my measurements, will have pics up later tonight, waiting on my photographer! :slight_smile:

Neck: 14.75"
Shoulders: 47.75"
Chest: 42.75"
Waist 1: 31.5"
Waist 2: 32.25"
Waist 3/Hips: 32.25"
Upper Arm: 13"
Upper Leg: 22.875"
Calf: 15.375"
Height: 6’0"
Weight: 176.8lbs

Again, I need to have someone else do the measurements as it’s quite difficult to wrap the tape and get an accurate reading. I did chest and arm about 5 times before I felt them right.

Nice work yourself so far! I saw your post about the V-Burn Challenge, glad you made it through the it! I’m looking forward to seeing your continued progress!

Nice stats - looks like it’s a good 3” or so off the waist, great work.

Not to look too far ahead but have you thought about post v diet training and diet?

I have been looking to what’s next after the end of the 4 weeks. My plan is to follow the 2 week transition then take several days off, and start on the Intermediate Exercise Plan. As far as diet goes, planning on keeping the morning and night shakes and keep an eye on HSM’s for lunch and dinner.

What about you?

Day 18 done. Considered starting the day with sleeping in, that lasted all of 5 mins and I was up and off for my 2.4 mile NEPA walk. Knocked out some cleaning/organizing on my garage/home gym. I will need to be adding some weight to it in the very near future, running out of weights to add to the bar!

One thing I discovered is that I’m just about out of Superfood and still have 10 days to go. There haven’t been any spills or mishaps, just adding 2 full scoops to each morning shake. I doubt I’ll have 3 more days of servings left based on what’s left in the pouch. I am waiting to hear back from Customer Support tomorrow for for an explanation of the discrepancy.

Eating/Training:
6:15 2.4 mile NEPA walk
7:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout, 1 serving glucosamine, 1 serving Rev-Z
11:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 1 servings Creatine
3:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout
7:00 - HSM, 1 cup red lentil penne, .5 cup marinara sauce, 1 cup broccoli, .5 cup shredded chicken, .5 cup mushrooms
9:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals, 1 serving glucosamine

Progress pics:

Waterbury has a gain 10 / lose 10 diet + lifting program that I’ve tried a couple times but never got thru the entire thing (I’d do the fat loss phase for the first 2 weeks and then fizzle out). I think diet wise it’s a good transition from the VDiet - it’s similar in macro nutrient splits, but instead of having a shake, it’s chicken with a spinach salad, olive oil drizzle, and a couple flame out (just as one example). So continuing the idea of healthy eating and low carb for fat loss. My 2 cents just based on your perceived BF% would be to do the extension plan as prescribed, take the few days off, and then do a strength focused program (5/3/1 or Starting Strength or a Waterbury 8x3 / TBT / TTT). According to Vdiet protocol the insulin sensitivity and protein building should be working a lot better in the body.

Right on! I am researching the 5/3/1 and Starting Strength programs today, appreciate the feedback.

Day 19 completed. Already hammering away on what’s next after the 4 weeks is up. Looking into several training programs and sifting through the data. No real negative issues to report today, just steady progress.

Eating/Training:
6:45 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout, 1 serving glucosamine, 1 serving Rev-Z
8:30 - 2 mile NEPA walk
11:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout
12:15 -1 serving Plazma
12:30 - 1 serving Plazma Beginner Workout Week 3
3:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 1 serving Creatine
7:00 - HSM, poke bowl, greens instead of rice, salmon, tuna, veggies, light sauce
9:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals, 1 serving glucosamine

Day 20 done. 1 final week of exercise and 8 days of eating left! I am still planning out what to do after the 2 week transition plan. I purchased Jim Wendler’s 5/3/1 eBook and am seriously considering this programming for the next year. A lot of what I’ve read about it so far has resonated with me, and I would like to see how well I can apply it to my training.

Today was my 3rd V-Burn Challenge, I crushed it! I was able to move from one exercise to the next without any hesitation. I didn’t much care for the first one, however I know look forward to Saturday’s workout.

Eating/Training:
6:50 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout, 1 serving glucosamine, 1 serving Rev-Z
11:15 - 1 serving Plazma
11:30 - 1 serving Plazma Beginner V-Burn Challenge Week 3
1:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 1 serving Creatine
4:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout
6:30 - HSM, medium bowl of steak & veggie pho
9:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals, 1 serving glucosamine

Day 21 finished. I slept in then did a morning NEPA hike with friends, and some shopping through out the day. 2.6 miles of walking and some stretching in the afternoon. I Had a solid HSM of ribeye, baked potato, onions and broccoli. Final week of the diet and I’m feeling great about my progress.

I finally had my measurements done with the help of my gf. I’m disappointed I didn’t do this from the start. I don’t feel with any certainty that all the previous measurements are accurate. I guess I’ll have to chalk this up as a lesson learned in asking for help.

Neck: 14.625"
Shoulders: 47.25"
Chest: 41.5"
Waist 1: 31.3125"
Waist 2: 32.75"
Waist 3/Hips: 33.5"
Upper Arm: 13"
Upper Leg: 22.5625"
Calf: 14.375"
Height: 6’0"
Weight: 176.5lbs

Eating/Training:
9:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout, 1 serving glucosamine, 1 serving Rev-Z
10:30 - 2 mile NEPA hike
11:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout
3:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 1 serving Creatine
6:15 - HSM, ribeye, 1/2 baked potato, broccoli & onions
9:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals, 1 serving glucosamine

Week 3 Progress Pics.

Day 22 complete. Early morning & evening NEPA walk, crushed the workout. The 30 second rest periods had my lungs burning after the 3rd set of squats! Planks still suck, I get about 60-70 seconds on the first, then 30 for the remaining 3 sets. My lower back seems to give out before my abs or arms do. Final week of the Diet, no complaints or issues to report.

Taking a look at the progress pics, I can see the changes and I am liking what I see, however the scale seems to be steady at 176.5lbs.

Eating/Training:
6:15 2.4 mile NEPA walk
6:50 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout, 1 serving glucosamine, 1 serving Rev-Z
10:45 - 1 serving Plazma
11:00 - 1 serving Plazma Beginner Workout Week 4
1:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 1 serving Creatine
4:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout
6:30 - HSM, 6oz ribeye steak, 1.5 cups broccoli, 1 baked potato
7:15 - 2 mile NEPA walk

Day 23 done. Completed 2 separate NEPA walks today and got a nice stretch/rolled out session in. Looking forward to tomorrow’s workout, Deads are my favorite lifting exercise. I ordered up my next month of supplements and settled on a Beginner 5/3/1 program, pretty stoked to keep this discipline rolling after the V-Diet.

I did change up my Flameout schedule to all 4 at night with my last shake. There’s also been a lot recent studies showing that supplemental fish oil and all it’s many believed benefits are not able to prevent cancer, stroke, heart disease or arthritis and inflammation. I’ve decided once my current stocks are depleted to refrain from ordering any more.

Eating/Training:
6:45 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 serving Rev-Z
11:00 - 1 mile NEPA walk
11:45 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 serving creatine
2:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive
6:45 - HSM, .5 cup red lentil pasta, .5 cup marinara sauce, 1 cup chicken, 1 cup broccoli
7:45 - 2 mile NEPA walk
9:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 4 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals,

Day 24 done. Started the day slow, didn’t get much sleep and skipped the 6am NEPA walk. Felt tired until lunch, decided to drink some coffee in addition to Plazma and give it my all. I ended up crushing the workout! I didn’t do a NEPA walk today, was just feeling to worn out by the time I finished dinner.

Only 2 workouts left, these 4 weeks have flown by. I think this log has been one of the biggest factors in my sticking to the program, and am excited to post the final pics on Sunday.

Eating/Training:
10:45 - 1 serving Plazma
11:00 - 1 serving plazma, beginner workout week 4
1:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 serving creatine
3:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive
6:45 - HSM, .5 cup red lentil pasta, .5 cup marinara sauce, 1 cup chicken, 1 cup broccoli
9:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 4 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals,

Day 25 complete. Sore today, mostly my lower back and upper legs. Pretty sure it’s from the deadlift workout. I did a lot of stretching and foam rolling today, hoping to be as relaxed and fresh as I can be for the last 2 workouts.

Went to a social event this evening, saw some good friends/family and of course my doing the V-Diet was brought up. Funny how people have a lot opinions or comments about it, and haven’t done any research on it, but I guess that’s true for most things in life. “One headline was read and an opinion was formed without any actual research done, a shortcut to thinking was taken.” I didn’t feel I owed anyone any further explanation as to why other than I wanted to do it.

I feel proud of myself for setting a goal and sticking to it. I can see the results of my discipline and dedication, and it motivates me to set new goals and see those through as well. I hope my progress and logging will serve as a good example to those considering or doing the V-Diet.

Eating/Training:
8:30 - 2.4 mile NEPA walk
11:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 serving creatine
3:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive
6:00 - HSM, ahi tacos, cheese & crackers
9:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 4 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals

Day 26 done. 1 more workout and 2 days left to the finish line. The last 2 nights I’ve struggled to get some quality sleep and have been forgoing the 6am NEPA walk. I get them in later, but the lack of sleep is messing with my routine! I just got an order of Z-12, hoping to put an end to sleep issues. I also added Mag-10 post workout as it arrived today as well.

Today’s workout felt great, and am looking forward to the final V-Burn Challenge tomorrow.

Eating/Training:
11:45 - 1 serving Plazma
12:15 - 1 serving Plazma, beginner workout week 4
1:15 - 1 serving Mag-10
3:00 - 2 mile NEPA walk
3:45 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 serving creatine
6:45 - HSM, .5 cup brown rice, 1 cup green Thai Curry, 1 cup beef & eggplant
9:00 - 1 mile NEPA walk
9:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 4 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals, 2 Z-12, 1 Curcumin

Day 27 complete. I started the day with a 2 mile NEPA walk, which makes me feel great and I absolutely love! I took my first Brain Candy this morning, and it definitely gives you a great energy boost!

The last V-Burn challenge was actually fun, I had a smile on my face the entire time. I’ve greatly improved at all 8 exercises in the last 4 weeks.

One final day of eating and then documenting all the final measurements, weight and progress pics.

Tonight was a celebration of several things, and I indulged in an amazing gourmet pizza for dinner. No idea the calorie count, but it was worth it!

Eating/Training:
6:05 - 2 mile NEPA walk, 1 serving Brain Candy
6:50 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 serving Rev-Z
11:15 - 1 serving Plazma
11:45 - 1 serving Plazma, V-Burn Challenge week 4
1:45 - 1 serving Mag-10
2:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive
4:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 serving creatine
7:45 - HSM, mushroom truffle pizza
9:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 4 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals, 2 Z-12, 1 Curcumin