Biotest

V Diet, Day 1

Started the Velocity Diet today, I have half-ass attempted it twice in the past with not very impressive results. I am choosing to follow each step ‘as it is written’ this time. I’m done making excuses or having thoughts of “what if I added/subtracted” this. Here’s to the next 4 weeks of discipline and commitment.

Starting Measurements
Neck: 15.25"
Shoulders: 46.5"
Chest: 43.25"
Waist 1: 34.25:
Waist 2: 35.125"
Waist 3/Hips: 33.25"
Upper Arm: 12.75"
Upper Leg: 22"
Calf: 15
Height: 6’0"
Weight: 180lbs

Day 1
The shakes were easy to make and consume. I use a Magic Bullet/Ninja blender and have no issues with mixing them. I’m not big on eating a lot in the AM so these fit in nicely with my preferences. I do however seem to get the dreaded ‘fish burps’ that Flameout is billed as not having, which just reminds me of “you don’t have to like it, but you have to do it”.

Training was straightforward as well as challenging. I expect to see some quick gains after more than a year away from consistent training. This is my first time using Plazma, so I’m curious as to what results I discover.

In addition to this forum, I created a hardcopy log that I keep close by throughout the day, that’s something I did not do in the past. Recording it twice seems a bit redundant, but I know without it I’d probably bullshit myself around the halfway point.

V Diet, Day 2

Posting Day 1 Progress Pics.

PNG
PNG
PNG

Completed a 2 mile NEPA walk, legs are a bit sore from squats the day before.

Felt some hunger urges today, twice while making shakes I was tempted to eat something from the fridge, but managed to resist.

HSM today was a pretty typical meal consisting of shredded chicken, broccoli, mushroom quinoa and kale salad.

Day 3 complete. Stuck to the eating and exercise without straying. Not really noticing any food urges today, the HSM was same as the last 2. I meal prep a lot, so it’s easy to plan out and have 3-5 days of meals ready in the fridge.

The exercises were a bit more difficult than Monday’s, the shoulder press reps rapidly declined after the 3rd rest. I am curious to see how much will change week to week. I’ve always found lower body training to be less prone to fatigue than training upper body.

Getting the hang of mixing the Plazma as well, the flavoring bottle could use some improvement to make less of a mess.

Day 4 complete. Slightly sore in shoulders and legs today but otherwise feel great. Did a 2.5 mile NEPA walk in 34 mins and stayed on point with the HSM. I’ve been using a 1 cup measurement for each component and it satisfies the caloric requirements and is close to my normal serving for a dinner. Chocolate shake before bed seems to be filling the ‘dessert gap’ nicely.

I spent the day with friends smoking bacon and chickens and was tempted to eat a lot of it, however I convinced myself to ‘stick to the plan’ and stayed disciplined.

Despite being a little sore, I am looking forward to another training day tomorrow!

Are we supposed to take measurements weekly or just at the beginning and end?

Day 5 complete. I was reading over a few posts from others on this forum, and decided to change a few things in my posts, starting with my eating timeline and training. I admit I am typically posting this around bedtime and probably was summarizing due to being tired.

Eating:
7:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout, 1 cup coffee
11:30 - 1 serving Plazma
11:45 - Friday Beginner Workout out, 1 serving Plazma
12:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout
3:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout
6:30 - HSM, 1 cup shredded chicken, 1 cup quinoa, 1 cup broccoli, .5 cup mushrooms, 1 cup kale salad mix
9:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 1 6oz Icelandic yogurt

I did indulge tonight with a triple cream Icelandic yogurt just before the final shake. I definitely enjoyed it, however I know that by doing it I did not ‘stick to the plan’. Total extra calories for the day = 170. Not exactly a binge by any means, however still an unaccounted for speed bump.

Today’s training felt good, I substituted wide grip pull ups for lat pulldown as my home gym doesn’t have one and I didn’t feel safe using the make-shift setup I used on Wednesdays workout.

I included a pic of my HSM. Since no alcohol is allowed, I opted for sparkling water in wine glasses!

Day 6 done. V-Burn Challenge was way more intense than I initially thought. By round 3 I was struggling on the walkouts and pike pushups, my shoulders were toast. I am interested to see how next weeks challenge goes with shorter rest periods.

Eating:
6:50 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout, 1 serving glucosamine
11:15 - 1 serving Plazma
11:30 - Beginner V-Burn Challenge
12:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 2 servings Creatine
4:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout
7:30 - HSM, 1 cup shredded chicken, 1 cup quinoa, 1 cup broccoli, .5 cup mushrooms, 1 cup kale salad mix
9:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals, 1 serving glucosamine

Day 7 complete. Felt a bit sore today in the shoulders and legs, but not enough to prevent a full day of activities. Today was my birthday, so I slept in a bit and did have to accept my HSM was going to be difficult to stick to the plan strictly. I calculated I over shot the 700 calories by 300, but I did abstain from any alcohol. Looking forward to Monday’s training.

Eating:
9:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout, 1 serving glucosamine
9:45 - 2.4 mile NEPA walk
12:30 - 2 mile NEPA walk
2:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 2 servings Creatine
4:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout
7:30 - HSM, 5 pieces from a 12" thin crust pizza (estimate 1,000 calories total)
9:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals, 1 serving glucosamine

Weekly is best, under repeatable conditions (ideally first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom and before eating/drinking). It keeps you on track and focused on progress, which is especially helpful to have a concrete reminder that things are working if/when it starts to be a real grind.

Otherwise, seems like you’re well on the way. Keep doing your thing.

And happy birthday! Mine’s today (29th), actually. Ha.

@Chris_Colucci Happy Birthday!

Day 8 completed. Already seeing and feeling a lot of difference since starting the V Diet, particularly the arms and chest. Energy levels are noticeable higher and work stress levels are dropping too. I am definitely hooked on this program!

I used the tape on myself for the first and this set of measurements and will be looking to have someone else do them as I feel there is too much variance in doing them myself.

Week 1 Update: Measurements
Neck: 14-7/8"
Shoulders: 46-3/8"
Chest: 42-1/2"
Waist 1: 32-5/8"
Waist 2: 33-3/8"
Waist 3: 33"
Upper Arm: 12-7/8"
Upper Leg: 22-1/2"
Calf: 15-1/8"
Height: 6’0"
Weight: 176.8lbs

Eating:
6:10 - 2.4 mile NEPA walk
6:50 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout, 1 serving glucosamine
10:45 - 1 serving Plazma
11:00 - 1 serving Plazma, Beginner Workout Week 2
12:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 2 servings Creatine
3:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout
6:50 - HSM, 3 egg omelette w/ mushrooms and onions, 2 slices home-smoked bacon, grape tomatoes with EVOO, salt & pepper

Day 9 in the books. No hunger urges, slips ups or even soreness today. I decided to change up my NEPA walks to 6AM on training days and during lunchtime on non-training days.

Eating:
11:00 - 1.5 mile NEPA hill repeats on lunch
11:45 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 2 servings Creatine
2:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout
6:30 - HSM, 1 cup shredded chicken, 1 cup quinoa, 1 cup broccoli, .5 cup mushrooms, 1 cup kale salad mix

Day 10 complete. Woke up feeling great again, early morning NEPA walk was fast and enjoyable. Lunchtime work out was brutal, 50 reps of deads, wide grip pull-ups and shoulder presses had me struggling through the side planks, but I made it. I read more articles in these forums about supplements, stacking/timing and training, which are helping to instill better discipline for long term sustainability. Realizing that so much of the work has already been done and you just need to ‘show up everyday’ is really resonating with me. I am excited and confident about my future progress already!

Eating/Training:
11:00 - 1 serving Plazma
11:15 - 1 serving Plazma, Beginner Workout Week 2
12:15 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 2 servings Creatine
7:30 - HSM, 1 cup shredded chicken, 1 cup quinoa, 1 cup broccoli, .5 cup mushrooms, 1 cup kale salad mix
10:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals, 1 serving glucosamine

Day 11 done. Woke up feeling rested and energized, despite the brutal workout Wednesday. I did my standard 2.4 mile NEPA walk as well as an additional 2.1 miles running errands. HSM was a surprise; Sushi dinner, which I was able to keep right around 700-900 calories by my estimates. Definitely had to hold back from ordering up my usual feast that typically feeds a family of 4. Staying the course and liking the results!

Eating/Training:
7:15 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout, 1 serving glucosamine
8:30 - 2.4 mile NEPA walk
11:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 2 servings Creatine
11:25 - 1:15 2.1 mile NEPA walk
1:30 - 1 serving Rev-Z
3:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout
6:00 - HSM, Sushi dinner, 2 classic rolls 1 serving brussel sprouts, unsweetened iced tea approx 700-900 calories
9:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals, 1 serving glucosamine

Day 12 complete. Starting to enjoy getting up early for NEPA walks on training days, they definitely set up the day for getting shit done. I was able to get everything I had on my to-do list done by 1:00pm and then hit gym for today’s training. The 40 second rest times seem more like 10 mid-workout and I struggled on the planks at the end. I bought a food/medicine dropper for mixing Plazma flavoring and that has eliminated making a mess on my counter!

Eating/Training:
11:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout
11:15 - 1:00 - 1.5 mile NEPA walk
1:15 - 1 serving Plazma
1:30 - 1 serving Plazma, Beginner Workout Week 2
2:45 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 2 servings Creatine
10:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals, 1 serving glucosamine

Finished up day 13. 2 weeks of workouts done! I am seeing lots of improvement on all exercises during the VBurn challenge, particularly the hand walk outs and pike pushups. They’re still my least favorite, but I was able to do all 50 reps without issue.

I had a night out with friends tonight at Korean bbq, and still managed to stay around the target calorie range. Pretty easy to stick to a few small portions of red meats and veggies and avoid the tasty carb heavy foods, even passed on the free tallboy of OB.

I’m impressed that when I started the V-Diet I had 5 cans of my favorite IPA in the fridge, today all 5 are still there. Same goes for the ice cream in the freezer and the halloween candy my neighbors kid delivered to me. I could always rationalize a reason to indulge before however now I’m realizing the impact those foods have on my health and fitness goals.

I’m excited to weigh-in and measure myself tomorrow morning and note the progress.

Eating/Training:
6:50 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout, 1 serving glucosamine, 1 serving Rev-Z
8:30 - 1.5 mile NEPA walk
11:15 - 1 serving Plazma
11:30 - 1 serving Plazma Beginner V-Burn Challenge Week 2
12:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 2 servings Creatine
7:30 - HSM, 4 oz Ribeye, 2 oz Pork Belly, steamed broccoli, mixed green salad

Half Way Point! Today was definitely a long and trying day. It was supposed to be a day of celebration, and was instead a day or mourning and food temptation. I won’t go into many details, however a birthday party was on the books and a death in the family happened and changed those plans. Never a fun thing to start the day with.

I accepted that this could totally affect my Diet, but planned accordingly and resisted all food urges. I was faced with a buffet lunch menu consisting of baby rack ribs, mac n cheese, coleslaw, corn on the cob, and 2 kinds of cake! I kept myself out of the kitchen (a rarity for me) and on the patio, focusing on my goals and all the hard work up to this point. It worked! I took a few deep smells of the food, but didn’t indulge a single bit.

My NEPA was dissembling and moving a heavy framed hospital bed for a total of .49 miles, a little disappointing to say the least. I did feel very hungry after my lunch shake and waited until 3:30 to do the mid-afternoon shake. This was the first day I recall feeling this tried and hungry since starting.

I did not get to weigh myself, take progress pics or measurements today, so I will try to get those within the next couple of days. Life is definitely throwing me a curve ball.

Eating/Training:
8:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout, 1 serving glucosamine, 1 serving Rev-Z
11:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout
6:30 - HSM, 1 cup shredded chicken, 1 cup quinoa, 1 cup broccoli, .5 cup mushrooms,
8:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals, 1 serving glucosamine, 1 serving creatine

Day 15 completed. Woke up early and knocked out my 2.4 mile NEPA walk, the time change sunlight makes it a bit warmer, I liked it better when it was darker and cooler. Lunchtime workout was good, crushed every exercise, increased weight for each exercise and didn’t mind the 35 second rest times. I still hate the planks tho, definitely my weakest exercise.

Still no major eating or training pitfalls, just sticking to the plan and knocking back shakes! I am very proud of my progress, but I’m focusing still on putting in the effort to stay humble and disciplined. I’m curious how my transition off this diet will go. Turkey day is fast approaching and it’s a BIG reason so many people ruin their good eating habits, which really motivates me to keep the “Mindful Eating” practices a daily part of my routine. I will continue to log my eating/training, which I think keeps me accountable to my goals.

Eating/Training:
6:05 2.4 mile NEPA walk
6:45 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout, 1 serving glucosamine, 1 serving Rev-Z
11:00 - 1 serving Plazma Beginner Week 3
1:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 1 servings Creatine
6:45 - HSM, 1 cup shredded chicken, 1 cup quinoa, 1 cup broccoli, .5 cup mushrooms, 1 cup kale salad
9:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals, 1 serving glucosamine

Day 16 done. Not much soreness or hunger pains to report, I’ve pretty much adapted to the protocol of this program. I knocked out an early morning NEPA walk plus another on my lunch break. Getting better at controlling portions and the speed of eating the HSM. I really want to make sure I’m not going to restart any bad habits.

Eating/Training:
6:05 - 2.4 mile NEPA walk
6:45 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout, 1 serving glucosamine, 1 serving Rev-Z
11:00 - 2 mile NEPA walk
12:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout
6:30 - HSM, .5 cup brown rice, 1 cup green Thai Curry, 2 spring rolls (approx 800 calories)
9:00 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 7 Elitepro Minerals, 1 serving glucosamine,

Day 17 completed. The biggest complaint I have is the fall time change, I am now waking up at 5am while my alarm is set for 6. I guess it’ll take a little while to adjust. Lunchtime workout was good, loving the deads and shoulder presses, even starting to see improvement with the side planks.

Eating/Training:
6:05 2.4 mile NEPA walk
11:00 - 1 serving Plazma Beginner Workout Week 3
12:30 - 2 Scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout, 1 servings Creatine
6:45 - HSM, 4 eggs, 3 slices whole grain toast, 3 slices homemade bacon (approx 600 calories)

Just wanted to chime in here and say you’re doing a good job w/ the posts and structure and layout. I’m on day 10 I believe myself and same as you, there’s been about the same level of interest it seems from other users :slight_smile:

How much weight have you lost so far and how’d the measurements turn out? From what I have read from a few other posts there’s a decent amount of weight loss / results the last 10 days. Keep of the good work!