Biotest

V-Diet Cycling Post V-Diet

Well I’m going to build off a post made ealier and take it in a slightly new direction. Lets say you’ve done the diet before but you aren’t quite at your goal. I think it has been said before to stay off the diet for a long time before doing it again for your metabolisms and digestive track’s sake.

Now assuming you’ve done it one time through without screwing up, trainsitioned off perfectly and have been eating healthy (but still in a calorie deficit) for a month after… Is it an ok idea to use burst cycles of the V-Diet. Like lets say one out of every four weeks I do a week of V-Dieting. Would it give a significant boost to fat loss without any of the danger of going low cal for too long or too soon? I can’t imagine it requiring a very long time to transfer off either. Maybe around 4 days?

I know most will respond with just stick with your new eating habits that you have post diet. But thats just the thing. The V-Diet WAS SO EASY! It required next to zero work/thinking. I really hope Chris answers this one… :smiley:

First, the diet doesn’t harm the metabolism or digestive tract, so no worries there.

Now, if I’m following you correctly, yes, many people have completed the V-Diet perfectly, then occasionally do a V-Diet week or even a single “V-Day” to keep them on track or to continue on their fat loss goals. They do this because it’s just easy and convenient, and oftentimes it’s less expensive than buying groceries and eating out.

I would only recommend a shortened V-Diet like that though to those who have completed a full V-Diet and Transition.

Thanks much Chris!
How long do you think one should wait after the transition before doing a week cycle? Just go by the results I’m getting from the current diet maybe?

[quote]RageInspired wrote:
Thanks much Chris!
How long do you think one should wait after the transition before doing a week cycle? Just go by the results I’m getting from the current diet maybe?[/quote]

Probably 2-3 weeks at least. There’s no hard and fast rules here though.