Biotest

V-Diet Clarifications and Questions

Hi Guys,

I’m about to purchase my Biotest products and commence the Velocity diet. I’ve done a fair bit of research about the diet over the past couple of weeks and I’m hoping that someone can have a quick look over my calculations, assumptions and questions and reply back with any relevant information or feedback.

Sex: Male
Weight: 182 lbs
Height: 5’7"

Non training day calories (10.2 x 182 + 879) x .50 = 1367.7 round to 1400

Need at least 182 grams of protein per day.
Five shakes a day (2 scoops of Chocolate Metabolic Drive per shake) = 200 calories per shake, 40 grams protein, 8g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g fat. That comes to:

Calories: 1,000
Protein: 200g
Carbs: 40g
Fat: 15g
Fiber: 10g

Flameout: 6 capsules per day:

Calories: 78
Protein: About 2g
Fat: 9g

Milled Flax seed: 2 servings per day:

Calories: 120
Protein: 6g
Carbs: 8g
Fat: 9g
Fiber: 8g

Natural Peanut Butter: 1 serving per day:

Calories: 190
Protein: 7g
Carbs: 6g
Fat: 17g
Fiber: 3g

Fiber Choice (sugar-free variety):

Calories:16 calories
Carbs: 4 g
Fiber: 4 g

TOTAL

Calories: 1404
Protein: 215g - Is this too much protein for my weight of 182 lbs?
Carbs: 58g
Fiber: 25g
Fat: 50g

Training day calories (10.2 x 182 + 879) x .60 = 1641.24 round to 1600

Same as above plus 1.25 scoops of Surge Recovery Chocolate flavour:

Calories: 200
Protein: 20g
Carbs: 30g
Fat: 3g

TOTAL

Calories: 1604
Protein: 235g
Carbs: 88g
Fiber: 25g
Fat: 53g

Do all these calculations seem correct? I noticed that just by changing to a different flavour of Metabolic Drive and Surge Recovery can throw out the calories quite a bit. So if I have a different flavour of either Metabolic Drive or Surge Recovery, I will have to calculate the calories and work out how many grams to consume. Doesn’t make it quite as easy being able to say 1 scoop, 1.5 scoops or 2 scoops…

With these calculations in mind, I’m assuming the following quantities of products will be enough for the 28 days of liquid meals and the 2 week transition period?

11 x bottles of Low-Carb Metabolic Drive
2 x Surge Recovery
2 x Flameout
2 x HOT-ROX Extreme
? x Milled flax seed
? x Natural peanut butter
? x Fiber Choice tablets (sugar-free)

Here is what I think a non training day schedule should look like on the Velocity Diet.

7:20AM - Wake, 2 Fiber Choice, 2 HOT-ROX Extreme, Water, Nepa walk for 30 mins,
8:00AM - Metabolic Drive Chocolate flavour shake
12:00PM - 3 Flameout, Metabolic Drive Chocolate flavour shake
2:00PM - 2 HOT-ROX Extreme
3:00PM - Metabolic Drive Chocolate flavour shake with milled flax
6:00PM - Metabolic Drive Chocolate flavour shake
9:00PM - 3 Flameout, Metabolic Drive Chocolate flavour shake with milled flax and natural Peanut Butter

Here is what I think a training day schedule should look like on the Velocity Diet.

7:20AM - Wake, 2 Fiber Choice, 2 HOT-ROX Extreme, Water, Nepa walk for 30 mins,
4:30PM - Train at gym, Sip up to half of Surge Recovery Chocolate flavour shake during workout
5:30PM - Consume rest of Surge Recovery Chocolate flavour shake straight after completion of workout
7:00PM - Metabolic Drive Chocolate flavour shake
10:00PM - 3 Flameout, Metabolic Drive Chocolate flavour shake with milled flax and natural Peanut Butter

Here is what I think a non training day with a solid healthy meal schedule should look like on the Velocity Diet.

7:20AM - Wake, Weigh in and take measurements of body, 2 Fiber Choice, 2 HOT-ROX Extreme, Water, Nepa walk for 30 mins,
6:00PM - Healthy Solid Meal
9:00PM - 3 Flameout, Metabolic Drive Chocolate flavour shake with milled flax and natural Peanut Butter

QUESTIONS

i) Are there any rules on how much water should be consumed per day whilst on the Velocity diet, excluding the water in the shakes of course?

ii) Is it permitted to drink any diet (zero calorie) soft drinks or diet cordial whilst on the Velocity diet?

iii) After weighing in at the end of each week whilst on the velocity diet, you don’t recalculate your daily calorie intake with the updated weight result do you?

iv) I can’t decide whether or not I should purchase the Biotest BCAA’s. Are there already enough BCAA’s in Metabolic Drive and Surge Recovery for people with average muscle builds or is it just good insurance to get the BCAA’s?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered!

i-if you’re thirtsy, drink water

ii-if you must drink something flavored yes, try tea. I didn’t like it until I started this diet-hated it actually. Mint is good and refreshing, while apple tastes like apple cider. There are a ton of different herbal flavors to try. NO cordials…ALL alcohol contains sugars/carbs…that’s what gets most people. So even be careful about “sugar free” stuff, as it might still have carbs (sugar free chocolate syrup, for example

iii-no, you do not recalculate

iv-everything i have read states there are enough BCAA’s in the Surge, especially since you aren’t going to be doing any cardio.

if you think your grams of protien is too high, remember you also rounded up your cals, so removing some protien would actually place you closer to your calculated amount.

watch the HOT-ROX on an empty stomach, you could get realy jittery (i do) - esp since you plan to wait 40 minutes before eating.

Question for you: What PB do you use that is only 190/serving. I use the Smuckers All Natural Creamy (recommended on the site) and that is 210

Thanks for your reply Polsen714.

In answer to your question about the peanut butter, I actually just copied the nutritional information from a post thinking that it would be very similar to what I consume. I was wrong! I use Sanitarium natural peanut butter with no added sugar, salt or preservatives.

1 serving = 25g
Calories 150
Protein 7.1g
Carbs 2.8g
Fat 12g
Fibre 1.8g

Hope that helps.