Biotest

V-Diet Calorie Equation question for Chad

This is a question for Chad. I was wondering about the rationale behind the calorie calculation–I noticed that for women who have less than 35lbs to lose, you use multipliers of 0.52 and 0.65 at the lower and upper ends of the diet, while for men, and for men and women trying to lose over 35lbs, you use multipliers of 0.5 and 0.6.

So theoretically a woman at the same bodyweight as a man should be eating more than him. Most diets universally proscribe less calories to women than men, so I found this pretty interesting.

Is this because, on average, women have lower bodyweight than men (especially if they have less than 35lbs to lose) and the worry was that a 130lbs woman trying to lose 10lbs would end up eating a ridiculously low amount of calories if she used the original 0.5 and 0.6 multipliers? Or is there another physiological reason?

I ask because I’m a woman looking to lose less than 35lbs–but I’m also 180lbs (I’m muscular enough that I would be at an excellent bodyfat percentage at 155lbs). I’ve been using the guy’s calculation. Should I be upping my calories and using the women’s calculation?

This question has been asked before.

Who is Chad?

Waterbury? Though I think the question should be addressed to Chris…

closed #5

closed #6

closed #7